Survivalist Forum banner
4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  IdahoGard'ner 
#1 ·
I need a little help with mylar bags and o2 absorbers please. I am in college and have VERY limited space, so I've decided to just buy 1.5 gallon bags to store my preps in and stash them places around the dorm. I figured I can fit a lot more of them places than I can with 5 gallon bags in buckets. So my question is, what size o2 absorbers do I need to put in a one gallon mylar bag? And how much rice can fit into one of these bags? I heard 8lbs but I wanna make sure.

#3 ·
I used 300cc with elbow noodles - about 5 pounds is max. 8lbs for rice sounds doable.

If you fill the bag too full, it gets harder to seal.

What about #10 cans - pre packed and ready to eat. Not a lot of facilities in a dorm room.

#9 ·
For 1.5 gallon, a 500cc absorber should be plenty. 300cc is recommended for gallon bags, but a lot of us use 500cc in them. 1,500cc is recommended for 5 gallons, but a lot of us use 2,000cc. So 500 for 1.5 gallons works out to be right about in the middle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.