Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,790 Times in 4,942 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
You're joking, but as we say in Russian, "В каждой шутке есть доля шутки!" / "In every joke their is a kernel of a joke."

I believe before we became criminals for storing Bibles we would be using the ammo we all (hopefully) are storing to prevent that state of affairs. My people had to be careful not to display their icons and keep their Bibles out of sight during Soviet times. So, being a criminal for owning a Bible is not unknown in modern times.

As far fetched as it may sound, it could happen here if we don't watch out.
I think we're rapidly reaching the point where there are more 2nd generation Soviets in Washington D.C. in 2019 than in Moscow.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFred View Post
Y'all can stock up on Bibles now as the lifeway stores are 70-90% off!

This is why I prefer books in hand vs just the online versions.
Agree,

Online scriptures are no replacement for the printed word.

<1> Online texts can be easily modified or scrubbed from one centralized source.
<2> Access to online texts can be easily blocked.
<3> Evidence of access to online texts cannot be easily concealed.
<4> Online texts cannot be "given away" should 1,2, or 3 come to pass
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,536 Times in 852 Posts

Buy Bibles for rainy days. However, time will come when you will have only access to what is in your Christian heart. Change your heart into a fiery spiritual gold. It is the only possession with which you will depart from this world.

As for Homosexuality it is just the beginning of the perversions, quite tame compared to what is coming soon. Think Chimeras animal-humans or animal-humanoids (genetically made) being used for various sexual purposes. That is what the devil is looking after, removing the image of God from Man.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 27,691 Times in 9,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Buy Bibles for rainy days. However, time will come when you will have only access to what is in your Christian heart. Change your heart into a fiery spiritual gold. It is the only possession with which you will depart from this world.

As for Homosexuality it is just the beginning of the perversions, quite tame compared to what is coming soon. Think Chimeras animal-humans or animal-humanoids (genetically made) being used for various sexual purposes. That is what the devil is looking after, removing the image of God from Man.
Though we have some theological differences, we both sense the coming horrible abominations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Survivor

Quote:
You're joking, but as we say in Russian, "В каждой шутке есть доля шутки!" / "In every joke their is a kernel of a joke.
Have a minute for a question about Russian? Looking at your Russian post and the translation, I'm assuming that "шутке" is Russian for "joke". But at the end of the sentence, the word has a slightly different ending "шутки"...?

I'm wondering if the meaning of the Russian saying is akin to Shakespeare's saying: "In jest, there is truth."

But if so, why isn't it "В каждой шутке есть доля правда..?"

(From someone who doesn't know any Russian, but thinks it might be a good idea to learn...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:19 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 89,399 Times in 23,650 Posts

Quote:
You're joking, but as we say in Russian, "В каждой шутке есть доля шутки!" / "In every joke their is a kernel of a joke."

I believe before we became criminals for storing Bibles we would be using the ammo we all (hopefully) are storing to prevent that state of affairs. My people had to be careful not to display their icons and keep their Bibles out of sight during Soviet times. So, being a criminal for owning a Bible is not unknown in modern times.

As far fetched as it may sound, it could happen here if we don't watch out.
It's heading that way more and more with each passing days. I have little doubt there are those in power who would want nothing more than to ban bibles.

The ban of bibles in their minds in justified by not p*** off Islam.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,300 Times in 3,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchingtheweasels View Post
Have a minute for a question about Russian? Looking at your Russian post and the translation, I'm assuming that "шутке" is Russian for "joke". But at the end of the sentence, the word has a slightly different ending "шутки"...?
шутка/SHOOT-ka: nominative case (joke)

в шуткe / v SHOOT-kyeh: prepositional case (in a joke)

шутки/SHOOT-kee: genitive case (of a joke)

Unlike the other Slavic languages, Russian is a highly inflected language. The endings are constantly changing and this is more difficult for foreigners than learning the alphabet (which is actually not difficult to master).

There are six cases in Russian and they are different for masculine, feminine, and neuter nouns.

Masculine noun for "table":
стол - nominative
стола - genitive
столу - dative
стол - accusative
столом - instrumental
столе - prepositional

Feminine noun for "joke":
шутка - nominative
шутки - genitive
шутке - dative
шутку - accusative
шуткой - instrumental
шутке - prepositional

Neuter noun for "window":
окно - nominative
окна - genitive
окну - dative
окно - accusative
окном - instrumental
окне - prepositional

If you think the above is complicated, it gets worse.

The PLURAl of every word has a completely different declension than for the singular).

ADJECTIVES (both singular and plural) also have their distinctive declensions.

And, there is a different declension for the same gender if it is for an inanimate or animate object.

Stick to Chinese! LOL
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,536 Times in 852 Posts

God knew how to mess up with the languages at Babel tower.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
God knew how to mess up with the languages at Babel tower.
Lol, He sure did!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,300 Times in 3,133 Posts

Quote:

I'm wondering if the meaning of the Russian saying is akin to Shakespeare's saying: "In jest, there is truth."

But if so, why isn't it "В каждой шутке есть доля правда
I suspect it originally was "В каждой шутке есть доля правды. Russians like to play with words and phrases and some Russian smart aleck changed it from "In every joke there is a grain of truth" to "In every joke there is a grain of a joke." Anyway, that's the way I heard it.

BTW, правда should be in the genitive form in this sentence, i.e. правды.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 7,432 Times in 2,837 Posts

Reminds me of the years of Latin grammar taught by a WW II Pacific Marine vet. No joking around in his class, and don't ever show up unprepared ... He was well respected and loved by everyone, though
Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,085 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
Reminds me of the years of Latin grammar taught by a WW II Pacific Marine vet. No joking around in his class, and don't ever show up unprepared ... He was well respected and loved by everyone, though
Ugh, Latin, memory lapse.......
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:52 PM
Layman

Thanked 2,747 Times in 1,328 Posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 AM

The vid talks about how same sex marriage leads to the destruction of society. So many in America want that more than anything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
The vid talks about how same sex marriage leads to the destruction of society. So many in America want that more than anything.
Yes. However, as my screen name indicates, I've always been one to try and read between the lines. The video opens with him saying that the reason Roman church opposes gay marriage isn't because homosexuality is inherently sinful...which makes me wonder what the one hand is taking away while the other hand offers a bit of appeasement to traditionalists.

Vatican Whistleblower Says ‘Gay Mafia’ Is Blocking Needed Reforms
LINK

"In an extensive interview, snippets of which were published Monday, Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigaṇ said that the sexual abuse crisis would be “far less severe” if the “problem of homosexuality in the priesthood were honestly acknowledged and properly addressed.”

“Given the overwhelming evidence, it is mind-boggling that the word ‘homosexuality’ has not appeared once, in any of the recent official documents of the Holy See” dealing with clerical sexual abuse, Vigaṇ told the Post.

Instead, a “gay mafia” among the bishops, seeking to protect themselves, was “sabotaging all efforts at reform,” he said.

Late last August, Archbishop Vigaṇ released a shocking 11-page report declaring that in 2013 he had personally informed Pope Francis of the serial homosexual abuse of then-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, but that the pope had ignored the information, elevating McCarrick to a position of influence in the Vatican.

In that report, Vigaṇ linked the clerical sex abuse crisis as well as coverups by bishops to an extensive “homosexual network” in the Church.

“These homosexual networks, which are now widespread in many dioceses, seminaries, religious orders, etc., act under the concealment of secrecy and lies,” he said, “and strangle innocent victims and priestly vocations, and are strangling the entire Church.”

In his allegation, the archbishop did not shy away from naming names.

According to Vigaṇ, Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio and Archbishop Vincenzo Paglia, for example, “belong to the homosexual current in favor of subverting Catholic doctrine on homosexuality.”"

and

"The Ruth Institute published a groundbreaking report last year by sociologist Father Paul Sullins showing a near-100% correlation between the rise in gay priests and the rise in clergy sex abuse.

Comparing priests reporting a homosexual orientation with the incidence of sex abuse from the years 1955 to 1999, we see an almost perfect correlation between the rise in self-identified homosexual clergy and the rise in abuse.

The figures prove this is not a pedophile problem. This is a pederast problem, meaning a homosexual problem — the problem of homosexual predation on male teens."

LINK

The Roman church has a gay problem. With the level of homosexual infiltration that has occurred at the Vatican, I'm not sure how it gets fixed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Yes. However, as my screen name indicates, I've always been one to try and read between the lines. The video opens with him saying that the reason Roman church opposes gay marriage isn't because homosexuality is inherently sinful...which makes me wonder what the one hand is taking away while the other hand offers a bit of appeasement to traditionalists.
I caught that too.

He quickly pivoted to the "primary" reason the church is opposed to gay marriage, which implies more than one reason.

I would have worded his statement by explicitly stating, "There are many reasons the RCC opposes gay marriage and they are ..."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post: