Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just another ammo consolidation thread sabotage39k Firearms General Discussion 116 07-08-2018 12:03 PM
Chamber while cc War_pigs101 Pistol and Revolver Forum 271 05-16-2018 09:19 AM
Zero gun experience or knowledge. Where to start? SingleMomPrepper Firearms General Discussion 99 03-12-2018 02:55 PM
Supreme Court: No Right to Carry AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 41 06-28-2017 11:56 AM

View Poll Results: PMR30 carry?
Yes 11 40.74%
No 16 59.26%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2019, 09:11 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,787 Times in 705 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
Stop trolling.
I wouldn't count on that to happen.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 09:59 PM
Trump+Kanye=Dragon Energy

Thanked 8,905 Times in 2,586 Posts

My Kimber Micro is worse than any piece of plastic 22 mag. It would be an upgrade.

Paper weight.
The Following User Says Thank You to swamp frog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,033 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
No rimfire carry
JMO - it's a barroom gut gun at best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vile Papist For This Useful Post:

Old 05-26-2019, 10:20 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,308 Times in 813 Posts

Poor man's 5.7 and if it functions with a particular ammo then go for it.

I would suggest dumping the mag every month for fresh ammo since rimfires are prone to killing primers in high humidity environments. I killed them regularly after six to seven weeks carrying my mini NAA in the summer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xstuntman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 10:34 PM
Awesome

Thanked 21,807 Times in 7,270 Posts

when obsession over magazine capacity gets to the point you throw reliability, and adequate ballistics out the window... better to have 17 rounds of 9mm that can get the job done vs 30 rounds of a cartridge that probably wont
The Following User Says Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 11:23 PM
I hate chipmunks.

I love my PMR30. Super accurate, great trigger. Lots of fun and no malfunctions.

I also really enjoy my CMR30. Again, accurate, fun easy to carry etc. my CMR will have a fail to feed now and again but it is still in the break in stage. I just got it sited in with a red dot.

90% of rounds fired thru my Kel-Tec weapons are Armscor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrisnick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2019, 10:36 PM
American by Choice

I was aggravated with my PMR-30 initially, after trying every single factory-recommended ammo and it still wouldn't make it through a single mag without multiple jams.

I've picked up a little bit of experience with firearms over the past 40 years and I've never had such a miserable failure to get a cranky firearm to work smoothly. In the distant past I've even gotten malfunctioning Jennings 22s and Raven 25s to work with at least a reasonable level of reliability. If you're familiar with those guns, you know what pieces of garbage they are.

After researching the problem I was told I was probably loading the PMR-30 mags wrong, so I compared what I was doing to the factory recommendation and found I was mostly doing it how they recommended, minus one technique. So I modified what I was doing, but it still didn't help the problem. The change was that I was smacking the back of the mag against a table every 5 rounds or so to make sure the rounds seated together nicely and the factory recommended doing it more often than I had been doing it.

Before getting rid of it I decided to go outside the factory parameters of recommended makes/models of ammo and bullet weight. I tried every other 22 mag ammo I could find and eventually found one which ran flawlessly through it: Hornady 30gr V-max, I think it's stock number 83202. The bullet is lighter than the factory recommends using.

I've been through about 1500 rounds of this ammo so far and haven't had a single malfunction of any kind with it after switching to this ammo. No duds, no feeding, extraction or ejection problems of any kind. I love this gun now. It's also nicely accurate with this ammo.

Since that time I've come out of semi-retirement and started working at a gun shop again, part time, just for fun. While working there I've helped two people who complained about malfunctions with the PMR-30 and gotten it running smoothly for them by showing them how to load the mags. Two others had very cranky PMR-30 pistols and it was solved with the ammo I suggested, after everything else failed to work.

I have a friend with a PMR-30 and it runs like a top for him, no matter what ammo he's tried in it. He's the only person I've ever run across who has a PMR-30 which has given it's owner so little grief.

He suggested I go back and try the factory recommended ammunition types again, now that I've put some rounds through this gun to break it in. I haven't done that yet but it's the next experiment I'm going to try with that pistol.

So yeah, these guns can be a major PITA. But now that I've had a few successes with finicky ones I'm starting to like them more and more.
The Following User Says Thank You to MBI For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 01:03 AM
MAGA

Thanked 14,904 Times in 4,332 Posts

I carried mine for a few weeks after I got a few hundred rounds thru it until the new gun feeling wore off.
Then went back to my 1911.
Now its a Glock 19.
Steady diet of CCI 40g maxi-mags. No problems other than a couple of FTFire that were ammo related.
It is a PITA to load at first and I hate the mag release.
The Following User Says Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post: