Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eight bight button knot asemery DIY - Do It Yourself 3 07-28-2018 09:07 AM
Magpul QD Push Button AR-15 Sling Swivel Loop 1-1/4" (MAG540-BLK) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-03-2017 03:09 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol FDE (11537) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-25-2017 12:14 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P40 2.0 40S&W Pistol (11522) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:11 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol (11521) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:09 PM

Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,682 Times in 10,388 Posts

Advertise Here

It is posts like this that is why I have cat on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978

NEWS , NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

According to the "Gospel of Ohioman" there is one among us who alone is the Holy Fathers of the Church follower and continuator. This person is revealed to be Peter Energy.

Also, according to the "Gospel of Ohioman" all Traditional Churches are denigrating the Holy Fathers of the Church in their theology.

Peter, Peter, where are you? Please come here in front of us and explain to us this amazing continuation of the theology of the Early Church. We are all ears.
Seeing his hate-filled, mocking posts when someone else quotes him is bad enough.

I'm sure everyone can see the never ending mocking, insults and invoking Strawman. The dynamic cannot be "reset" as long as orthodrones fail to get over the fact that others have doctrinal differences.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,931 Times in 3,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
There's nothing "odd" about a modernist Protestant and an old style Judaizer in the guise of a "Messianic Jew" seeing things the same way. Both deny the Church - it's history, traditions, and wisdom of its early fathers and saints.

There's nothing "odd" at all about them seeing things the same way.
You seem to be more worried about "the church" and it's "traditions"!

Mark 7:6 Y'shua answered them, “Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites — as it is written,

‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far away from me.

7 Their worship of me is useless,
because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.’

8 “You depart from God’s command and hold onto human tradition. 9 Indeed,” he said to them, “you have made a fine art of departing from God’s command in order to keep your tradition!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post

Seeing his hate-filled, mocking posts when someone else quotes him is bad enough.

I'm sure everyone can see the never ending mocking, insults and invoking Strawman. The dynamic cannot be "reset" as long as orthodrones fail to get over the fact that others have doctrinal differences.
Actually, you're so full of yourself that you can't see the hate and insults in your own posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
You seem to be more worried about "the church" and it's "traditions"!

Mark 7:6 Y'shua answered them, “Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites — as it is written,

‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far away from me.

7 Their worship of me is useless,
because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.’

8 “You depart from God’s command and hold onto human tradition. 9 Indeed,” he said to them, “you have made a fine art of departing from God’s command in order to keep your tradition!
Judging much?
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post

Peter please keep me on ignore and don't answer to me. Or get into my dialogues with Ohioman or others.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Peter please keep me on ignore and don't answer to me. Or get into my dialogues with Ohioman or others.
Don't count on that! Peter can't help himself. He has to stick his nose into someone else's dialogue in order to cast aspersions on "orthodrones" and insult Orthodox and Catholic Christians.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,176 Times in 24,073 Posts

Quote:
=Batko10;19577936]As your crony, non-Christian Peter Energy,
I'm not feeling the love for Peter, do you love Peter Energy?

Quote:
"This is a FALSE EQUIVALENCE
You mean from those who believe they are right and Holy Vs. the guy who humbles himself and ask for mercy for being a sinner? Like Jesus talked about?

Quote:
The Orthodox Christians posting here don't look down on others and exalt themselves
Okay

Quote:
although someone with a liberal/Democrat Party cunning could twist it around to make it look like that

Wonder how they do that? This is you not looking down on others???

Quote:
We point out the heresies and false beliefs that exist and are proliferated by the modernistic Protestant theological narrative that ignores Church history,
Like the Pharisee did in (Luke 18) "I thank God I am not like these people who are sinners"??

Quote:
the teachings and interpretations of the early Church fathers.
Because Jesus, Paul and the Apostles told us too?

Quote:
Unfortunately, the Faith of Orthodox Christians would seem to anger many here, despite their protestations to the contrary.
So others are angry but the Orthodox folks stand in humility??

Quote:
"WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD." [/SIZE]
Saint John Chrysostom, 4th century AD
Sounds like Johnny didn't read (1 Peter 3:9) Don’t insult people just because they are hateful and insult you. Instead, treat everyone with kindness. You are God’s chosen ones, and he will bless you. The Scriptures 1st Century

Quote:
P.S. Your Judaizer cronies, Eddie T. and Esheldon, hate our beloved Saint John Chrysostom, because he defended the ancient Church against the Judaizers in the 4th century.
Personally I wouldn't trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint named Johnny somebody.

Last edited by OhioMan; 06-11-2019 at 11:53 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,931 Times in 3,246 Posts

Quote:
Judging much?
No, those were Y'shua's words...you and Batko are the ones stating myself and others deny "church" tradition and therefore are not saved. THAT is dangerous judgement!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Sounds like Johnny didn't read (1 Peter 3:9) Don’t insult people just because they are hateful and insult you. Instead, treat everyone with kindness. You are God’s chosen ones, and he will bless you. The Scriptures 1st Century
Saint John Chrysostom did not say to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you." You twisted that around with the skill of a liberal/leftist.

What he was saying is that it is better not to respect a false belief and inadvertently insult someone who holds that belief than offend G-d by remaining silent.

Quote:
Personally I would trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint Johnny somebody.
Your adoration of the Judaizers is not a surprise! However, your blatant disrespect for Saint John Chrysostom is somewhat surprising. You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.

But, you have esheldon and Eddie T. That should make up for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,682 Times in 10,388 Posts

Quote:
Don't count on that! Peter can't help himself. He has to stick his nose into someone else's dialogue in order to cast aspersions on "orthodrones" and insult Orthodox and Catholic Christians.
Hey, you earned the title orthodrone by refusing to get over doctrinal differences.

No matter what a threads title is, you act AS IF the subject is attack non-EOC doctrines and believes.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
=Batko10;19578044]Saint John Chrysostom did not say to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you." You twisted that around with the skill of a liberal/leftist.

What he was saying is that it is better not to respect a false belief and inadvertently insult someone who holds that belief than offend G-d by remaining silent.
I thought Saint Johnny said in the 4th century "WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN"

And then Peter said Not to Insult and treat everyone with kindness in the 1st century

I'm siding with Peter in the 1st Century

Quote:
Your adoration of the Judaizers is not a surprise! However, your blatant disrespect for Saint John Chrysostom is somewhat surprising. You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.
My most beloved Saints are Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Not a bunch of dead people.

Quote:
But, you have esheldon and Eddie T. That should make up for it.
Yes, I like them both. Their love for God AND His word inspires me.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,276 Posts

Quote:
Was it John's hatred of the Jews that elevated him to him to your most beloved status?
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I thought Saint Johnny said in the 4th century "WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN" ...
You're pulling a "Peter Energy" tactic by editing the quote. The full quote is:

"We must not mind insulting men, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD."

I assume you understand what Saint John Chrysostom is saying and it is not the same as to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you."

BTW, apparently, you don't practice what you preach. Why do you continue to insult Saint John Chrysostom? To appease your Judaizer masters? Or, is it because you are a modernist Protestant who has no respect for the ancient, undivided Church?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint named Johnny somebody.
We all going to be dead. So why do you need to add that the living men are more important to you than dead men? Being dead changes somebody's intellectual quality?

Quote:
My most beloved Saints are Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Not a bunch of dead people.
Here you go again... this time actually insulting all dead people by general analogy. Also Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved are not dead? I think they are. You might need to check your records there.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Survivor

Quote:

You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.

You're falling back on the Peter Energy playbook again by editing my statement. You failed to hi-light "one of our..." in order to create a false impression.

BTW, I didn't realize that Protestants considered Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and G-d saints? I guess we have even more differences than I thought.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Was it John's hatred of the Jews that elevated him to him to your most beloved status?
The fourth century Church was still weakened by the previous three centuries of severe persecution. The Jews were still a strong influence in the Roman Empire and did what they could to keep Christianity from gaining traction and growing in influence.

Saint John Chrysostom's homilies against the Jews were in defense of the Church from the influence of the Judaizers who were attempting infiltrate and subvert the Church. They were NOT based on "hate," but on the need to defend the Church against a relatively stronger group that was not interested in Christianity's growth.

While Saint John Chrysostom's homilies seem severe to us today, the Jews of the 4th century were not the weak, persecuted Jews of 20th century Germany. They were a relatively strong group that saw Christianity as a rival and an enemy.

After suffering three centuries of violent physical persecution, Saint John Chrysostom continued the struggle for the Church's existence - this time against internal subversion by the Judaizers.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
You're pulling a "Peter Energy" tactic by editing the quote. The full quote is:

"We must not mind insulting men, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD."

I assume you understand what Saint John Chrysostom is saying and it is not the same as to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you."

BTW, apparently, you don't practice what you preach. Why do you continue to insult Saint John Chrysostom? To appease your Judaizer masters? Or, is it because you are a modernist Protestant who has no respect for the ancient, undivided Church?
yeah, I'm sticking with Peter in the 1st Century (the bible) over what your saint John said!

Peace to you!
Old 06-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Hunter

Saint John Chrysostom is one of the best theologians in History. The fact that a few nobodies in the 21st century are trying to bad mouth him should be of no concern to anybody. Really. Please do your best to badmouth him. A quarter of the Planet could care less about your attacks on him and will follow his theology just like before.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Saint John Chrysostom is one of the best theologians in History. The fact that a few nobodies in the 21st century are trying to bad mouth him should be of no concern to anybody. Really. Please do your best to badmouth him. A quarter of the Planet could care less about your attacks on him and will follow his theology just like before.
okay........
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Survivor

Quote:
yeah, I'm sticking with Peter in the 1st Century (the bible) over what your saint John said!

Peace to you!
So, if someone tells you that Jesus Christ did not suffer, die, and rise from the dead for our salvation you would not voice your belief that He did for fear of insulting this person who is offending G-d?