Reset Button 2.0 - Page 14 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eight bight button knot asemery DIY - Do It Yourself 3 07-28-2018 09:07 AM
Magpul QD Push Button AR-15 Sling Swivel Loop 1-1/4" (MAG540-BLK) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-03-2017 03:09 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol FDE (11537) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-25-2017 12:14 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P40 2.0 40S&W Pistol (11522) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:11 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol (11521) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:09 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 10:58 AM
PeterEnergy's Avatar
PeterEnergy PeterEnergy is offline
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 16,257
Thanks: 11,499
Thanked 29,682 Times in 10,388 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

It is posts like this that is why I have cat on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978

NEWS , NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

According to the "Gospel of Ohioman" there is one among us who alone is the Holy Fathers of the Church follower and continuator. This person is revealed to be Peter Energy.

Also, according to the "Gospel of Ohioman" all Traditional Churches are denigrating the Holy Fathers of the Church in their theology.

Peter, Peter, where are you? Please come here in front of us and explain to us this amazing continuation of the theology of the Early Church. We are all ears.
Seeing his hate-filled, mocking posts when someone else quotes him is bad enough.

I'm sure everyone can see the never ending mocking, insults and invoking Strawman. The dynamic cannot be "reset" as long as orthodrones fail to get over the fact that others have doctrinal differences.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 AM
esheldon esheldon is offline
His Disciple
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 4,511
Thanks: 6,661
Thanked 7,931 Times in 3,246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
There's nothing "odd" about a modernist Protestant and an old style Judaizer in the guise of a "Messianic Jew" seeing things the same way. Both deny the Church - it's history, traditions, and wisdom of its early fathers and saints.

There's nothing "odd" at all about them seeing things the same way.
You seem to be more worried about "the church" and it's "traditions"!

Mark 7:6 Y'shua answered them, “Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites — as it is written,

‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far away from me.

7 Their worship of me is useless,
because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.’

8 “You depart from God’s command and hold onto human tradition. 9 Indeed,” he said to them, “you have made a fine art of departing from God’s command in order to keep your tradition!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
It is posts like this that is why I have cat on ignore.



Seeing his hate-filled, mocking posts when someone else quotes him is bad enough.

I'm sure everyone can see the never ending mocking, insults and invoking Strawman. The dynamic cannot be "reset" as long as orthodrones fail to get over the fact that others have doctrinal differences.
Actually, you're so full of yourself that you can't see the hate and insults in your own posts.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
cat_1978 cat_1978 is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,982
Thanks: 1,777
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
You seem to be more worried about "the church" and it's "traditions"!

Mark 7:6 Y'shua answered them, “Yesha‘yahu (Isaiah) was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites — as it is written,

‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far away from me.

7 Their worship of me is useless,
because they teach man-made rules as if they were doctrines.’

8 “You depart from God’s command and hold onto human tradition. 9 Indeed,” he said to them, “you have made a fine art of departing from God’s command in order to keep your tradition!
Judging much?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 AM
cat_1978 cat_1978 is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,982
Thanks: 1,777
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
It is posts like this that is why I have cat on ignore.

Seeing his hate-filled, mocking posts when someone else quotes him is bad enough.

I'm sure everyone can see the never ending mocking, insults and invoking Strawman. The dynamic cannot be "reset" as long as orthodrones fail to get over the fact that others have doctrinal differences.
Peter please keep me on ignore and don't answer to me. Or get into my dialogues with Ohioman or others.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Peter please keep me on ignore and don't answer to me. Or get into my dialogues with Ohioman or others.
Don't count on that! Peter can't help himself. He has to stick his nose into someone else's dialogue in order to cast aspersions on "orthodrones" and insult Orthodox and Catholic Christians.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM
OhioMan's Avatar
OhioMan OhioMan is offline
It's ok to be white
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 32,194
Thanks: 90,468
Thanked 91,176 Times in 24,073 Posts
Default

Quote:
=Batko10;19577936]As your crony, non-Christian Peter Energy,
I'm not feeling the love for Peter, do you love Peter Energy?

Quote:
"This is a FALSE EQUIVALENCE
You mean from those who believe they are right and Holy Vs. the guy who humbles himself and ask for mercy for being a sinner? Like Jesus talked about?

Quote:
The Orthodox Christians posting here don't look down on others and exalt themselves
Okay

Quote:
although someone with a liberal/Democrat Party cunning could twist it around to make it look like that
.

Wonder how they do that? This is you not looking down on others???

Quote:
We point out the heresies and false beliefs that exist and are proliferated by the modernistic Protestant theological narrative that ignores Church history,
Like the Pharisee did in (Luke 18) "I thank God I am not like these people who are sinners"??


Quote:
the teachings and interpretations of the early Church fathers.
Because Jesus, Paul and the Apostles told us too?

Quote:
Unfortunately, the Faith of Orthodox Christians would seem to anger many here, despite their protestations to the contrary.
So others are angry but the Orthodox folks stand in humility??

Quote:
"WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD." [/SIZE]
Saint John Chrysostom, 4th century AD
Sounds like Johnny didn't read (1 Peter 3:9) Don’t insult people just because they are hateful and insult you. Instead, treat everyone with kindness. You are God’s chosen ones, and he will bless you. The Scriptures 1st Century



Quote:
P.S. Your Judaizer cronies, Eddie T. and Esheldon, hate our beloved Saint John Chrysostom, because he defended the ancient Church against the Judaizers in the 4th century.
Personally I wouldn't trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint named Johnny somebody.
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Last edited by OhioMan; 06-11-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 AM
esheldon esheldon is offline
His Disciple
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 4,511
Thanks: 6,661
Thanked 7,931 Times in 3,246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Judging much?
No, those were Y'shua's words...you and Batko are the ones stating myself and others deny "church" tradition and therefore are not saved. THAT is dangerous judgement!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Sounds like Johnny didn't read (1 Peter 3:9) Don’t insult people just because they are hateful and insult you. Instead, treat everyone with kindness. You are God’s chosen ones, and he will bless you. The Scriptures 1st Century
.
Saint John Chrysostom did not say to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you." You twisted that around with the skill of a liberal/leftist.

What he was saying is that it is better not to respect a false belief and inadvertently insult someone who holds that belief than offend G-d by remaining silent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Personally I would trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint Johnny somebody.
Your adoration of the Judaizers is not a surprise! However, your blatant disrespect for Saint John Chrysostom is somewhat surprising. You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.

But, you have esheldon and Eddie T. That should make up for it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM
PeterEnergy's Avatar
PeterEnergy PeterEnergy is offline
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 16,257
Thanks: 11,499
Thanked 29,682 Times in 10,388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
Don't count on that! Peter can't help himself. He has to stick his nose into someone else's dialogue in order to cast aspersions on "orthodrones" and insult Orthodox and Catholic Christians.
Hey, you earned the title orthodrone by refusing to get over doctrinal differences.

No matter what a threads title is, you act AS IF the subject is attack non-EOC doctrines and believes.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM
OhioMan's Avatar
OhioMan OhioMan is offline
It's ok to be white
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 32,194
Thanks: 90,468
Thanked 91,176 Times in 24,073 Posts
Default

Quote:
=Batko10;19578044]Saint John Chrysostom did not say to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you." You twisted that around with the skill of a liberal/leftist.

What he was saying is that it is better not to respect a false belief and inadvertently insult someone who holds that belief than offend G-d by remaining silent.
I thought Saint Johnny said in the 4th century "WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN"

And then Peter said Not to Insult and treat everyone with kindness in the 1st century

I'm siding with Peter in the 1st Century

Quote:
Your adoration of the Judaizers is not a surprise! However, your blatant disrespect for Saint John Chrysostom is somewhat surprising. You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.
My most beloved Saints are Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Not a bunch of dead people.

Quote:
But, you have esheldon and Eddie T. That should make up for it.
Yes, I like them both. Their love for God AND His word inspires me.
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Eddie_T's Avatar
Eddie_T Eddie_T is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern mtns near eastern continental divide
Posts: 2,027
Thanks: 3,329
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
Your adoration of the Judaizers is not a surprise! However, your blatant disrespect for Saint John Chrysostom is somewhat surprising. You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.
Was it John's hatred of the Jews that elevated him to him to your most beloved status?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
I thought Saint Johnny said in the 4th century "WE MUST NOT MIND INSULTING MEN" ...
You're pulling a "Peter Energy" tactic by editing the quote. The full quote is:

"We must not mind insulting men, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD."

I assume you understand what Saint John Chrysostom is saying and it is not the same as to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you."

BTW, apparently, you don't practice what you preach. Why do you continue to insult Saint John Chrysostom? To appease your Judaizer masters? Or, is it because you are a modernist Protestant who has no respect for the ancient, undivided Church?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
cat_1978 cat_1978 is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,982
Thanks: 1,777
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,138 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Personally I wouldn't trade one eshledon or one Eddie for 10,000 Dead-Saint named Johnny somebody.
We all going to be dead. So why do you need to add that the living men are more important to you than dead men? Being dead changes somebody's intellectual quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
My most beloved Saints are Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Not a bunch of dead people.
Here you go again... this time actually insulting all dead people by general analogy. Also Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved are not dead? I think they are. You might need to check your records there.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post

You just alienated 1.5 billion Catholics and Orthodox Christians with your mockery of one of our most beloved saints.

My most beloved Saints are Jesus Christ, Paul the Apostle, John the Baptist, John the beloved, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Not a bunch of dead people.


You're falling back on the Peter Energy playbook again by editing my statement. You failed to hi-light "one of our..." in order to create a false impression.

BTW, I didn't realize that Protestants considered Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and G-d saints? I guess we have even more differences than I thought.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Was it John's hatred of the Jews that elevated him to him to your most beloved status?
The fourth century Church was still weakened by the previous three centuries of severe persecution. The Jews were still a strong influence in the Roman Empire and did what they could to keep Christianity from gaining traction and growing in influence.

Saint John Chrysostom's homilies against the Jews were in defense of the Church from the influence of the Judaizers who were attempting infiltrate and subvert the Church. They were NOT based on "hate," but on the need to defend the Church against a relatively stronger group that was not interested in Christianity's growth.

While Saint John Chrysostom's homilies seem severe to us today, the Jews of the 4th century were not the weak, persecuted Jews of 20th century Germany. They were a relatively strong group that saw Christianity as a rival and an enemy.

After suffering three centuries of violent physical persecution, Saint John Chrysostom continued the struggle for the Church's existence - this time against internal subversion by the Judaizers.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:36 PM
OhioMan's Avatar
OhioMan OhioMan is offline
It's ok to be white
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 32,194
Thanks: 90,468
Thanked 91,176 Times in 24,073 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
You're pulling a "Peter Energy" tactic by editing the quote. The full quote is:

"We must not mind insulting men, IF BY RESPECTING THEM WE OFFEND GOD."

I assume you understand what Saint John Chrysostom is saying and it is not the same as to "insult people just because they are hateful and insult you."

BTW, apparently, you don't practice what you preach. Why do you continue to insult Saint John Chrysostom? To appease your Judaizer masters? Or, is it because you are a modernist Protestant who has no respect for the ancient, undivided Church?
yeah, I'm sticking with Peter in the 1st Century (the bible) over what your saint John said!

Peace to you!
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:39 PM
cat_1978 cat_1978 is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,982
Thanks: 1,777
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,138 Posts
Default

Saint John Chrysostom is one of the best theologians in History. The fact that a few nobodies in the 21st century are trying to bad mouth him should be of no concern to anybody. Really. Please do your best to badmouth him. A quarter of the Planet could care less about your attacks on him and will follow his theology just like before.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
OhioMan's Avatar
OhioMan OhioMan is offline
It's ok to be white
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 32,194
Thanks: 90,468
Thanked 91,176 Times in 24,073 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Saint John Chrysostom is one of the best theologians in History. The fact that a few nobodies in the 21st century are trying to bad mouth him should be of no concern to anybody. Really. Please do your best to badmouth him. A quarter of the Planet could care less about your attacks on him and will follow his theology just like before.
okay........
__________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Batko10's Avatar
Batko10 Batko10 is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,369
Thanks: 12,739
Thanked 14,703 Times in 3,410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
yeah, I'm sticking with Peter in the 1st Century (the bible) over what your saint John said!

Peace to you!
So, if someone tells you that Jesus Christ did not suffer, die, and rise from the dead for our salvation you would not voice your belief that He did for fear of insulting this person who is offending G-d?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net