Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January 24th - Minnesota Gun Owners Lobby Day Batko10 Political News and Discussion 3 01-01-2019 11:26 AM
We have to do something about gun violence!!! deprogramming services Firearms General Discussion 65 12-20-2018 10:52 PM
Kalifornia Democrat You Will Surrender Your Guns Or We Could Nuke You Gulcher General Discussion 68 11-27-2018 11:57 AM
Illinois Counties Form Sanctuaries for Gun Owners to Thwart Gun Control Batko10 General Discussion 12 05-08-2018 06:34 PM
FOR THOSe who think a lever gun is a disadvantage NW GUY Rifle Forum 27 04-14-2018 12:50 AM

Old 03-19-2019, 01:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,505 Times in 3,892 Posts

Advertise Here

If you reload, I find that 158gr lead semi-wadcutter 38 specials with a starting load of Clays powder are mouse fart / suppressor quiet our of my Rossi 92 lever action.

I haven't been able to reload in the last 6 years because of work. I stock up and shoot bulk PPU 38 special:

https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-sp...partizan-ppr33
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Prepared

I ended up having some issues with the Henry. Mainly the lever kept dropping about two inches when firing .357. Sent it back to Henry for repair. Still did it. Other times the lever would get stuck and had to yank down pretty hard to get it loose. Guess I got a lemon. Ended up selling it to a gun shop.

I did find that the Remington 130gr FMJ's fed pretty well in the Henry. Compared to the .357 mag the shape and height of the bullet were closely matched.

Are there any issues with the Marlin 1894c?
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever...94/model-1894c

I'm really diggin' that 1894CST, but man the price is crazy...
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever...model-1894-cst
Old 06-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,830 Times in 3,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
I have a Ruger 77/357. It has been by deer rifle for the past few years. I have a Winchester 94 in 357. I'm not a fan of lever guns. the Ruger wins hands down.

Pro's and con's to both, sadly I remember the downward spiral of Winchester to it's ultimate yard sale like demise. If you ever need parts for your 357 lever browning has them.