Budget loadout - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best bang for the buck (budget minded firearms) Pinetreescent Firearms General Discussion 66 04-13-2019 08:49 PM
1000 dollar minuteman/survival loadout Bogeyman Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 144 09-13-2017 08:21 PM
Trump Budget Proposes Killing All Funding for PBS, NPR and NEA Watchingtheweasels Political News and Discussion 147 03-26-2017 12:31 AM
Prepping On A Budget AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 01-31-2017 06:30 PM

Old 05-22-2019, 11:34 AM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 10,601 Times in 4,294 Posts
Arrow

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseman View Post
FYI, Rawles has many HK mags etc listed for sale on Fal files.
I found an ad for HK91 mags but not pistol mags, Iím not logged in so I can only see five pages maybe thatís why?
Or am I just overlooking the ad?
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 03:12 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 11,247 Times in 5,099 Posts

My mistake.
He is selling rifle mags as they are changing their primary arms from HK platform to AR 10 platform.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:20 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Jones90 View Post
Jake_Jones90
So I'm sure it's been done a thousand times. As a single man I had several firearms ranging from glock to beretta and rock island. Ar15 Ar10 and countless others. Over the years with job change, children and bills I have let several firearms go. Something that sickens me. However I have kept a couple of shotguns for home defence and hunting. I have recently decided to get back into prepping. I have some some research and done some hands on testing of some firearms. I'm on a budget but here is what I am thinking of acquiring for a small SHTF weapon selection. A marlin 336 30-30 and either a ruger security 9 or the Taurus pt111. I know some people would say put an AR on lay away or a glock on lay away and believe me one day I will but I want to have some firearms in the mean time. Open to any advice just so long people aren't rude. Thank you for your thoughts.
How do you feel about shooting slugs?
You have the shotguns. You could take a few of your birdshot/buckshot rounds, melt the lead pellets back down and cast your own slugs, then load those back into the same shells with a cardboard wad over top and the shell roll crimped.
For SHTF, it doesn't get any more "self sufficient" than that.
Either cast for slug small enough to fit inside of shot wad, or remove shot wad, too and modify so that a typical slug will fit inside the shell and sit on the wad.
Accuracy and range will be less than with the cartridges you mentioned, but when your expected accuracy could be expressed as Minute of Deer, the accuracy will be acceptable if range is kept reasonable.
Use "Duck and Pheasant" type loads and call 50-75 yards your max range.