Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survival Acronyms kev New Member Introduction 1010 06-26-2019 09:47 PM
Hope I can help US Preparatory New Member Introduction 21 11-23-2017 03:31 PM
TAPCO Sling System (Foliage) [D3L7-A3A5] Price:$39.99 Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 12-29-2016 04:33 PM
Magpul mag system for Rem ADL seabreeze133 Rifle Forum 5 10-31-2016 08:09 PM

Old 08-04-2018, 06:25 PM
ICBM Warrior

Smile VIP System Issues

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Boy View Post
Given you are touting for work, perhaps it would be better if you joined the site as a service provider/business or even VIP membership.

As a thought, you could do what I do in the UK and that's be a live-in carer. You get free accommodation and food, and I earn good money. Should be the same sort of business opportunities in the USA.
I hope they have better luck than I with the VIP memembership. Paid about a month ago, posted in various sections, PMs to Kev, still no access.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff_k For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 11:02 AM
I was young 50 years ago

Thanked 32,892 Times in 12,394 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_k View Post
I hope they have better luck than I with the VIP memembership. Paid about a month ago, posted in various sections, PMs to Kev, still no access.
The VIP system is broken and despite Kev sending several requests for it to be fixed he has been ignored.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,058 Times in 935 Posts

So what you are saying is that VIP is a scam and if paid by a credit card it would be considered fraud and a major crime?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018, 06:50 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,715 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offrink View Post
So what you are saying is that VIP is a scam and if paid by a credit card it would be considered fraud and a major crime?
Drama queen.

It's not just a crime, officer. ..IT'S A MAJOR CRIME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaffeineBuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 55,572 Times in 19,316 Posts

Quote:
VIP at SB isn't going to dramatically change your stay here.

It's just a bit less ad spam, larger reserve space for private messages, and access to a single extra board that just another prepping talk board.

VIP is primarily about helping to defray the costs of running this website because you want it to stick around.

Bandwidth usage at SB is YUGE! It costs a lot to keep the doors open here for everyone. VIPs are supporters of SB, not people looking a major upgrade in content or service here. If your goal is to help keep the lights on because you love the forum then go for it. If you are tight for money or hoping to get a lot of extra stuff then it isn't for you.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,058 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post

It's just a bit less ad spam, larger reserve space for private messages, and access to a single extra board that just another prepping talk board.

VIP is primarily about helping to defray the costs of running this website because you want it to stick around.

Bandwidth usage at SB is YUGE! It costs a lot to keep the doors open here for everyone. VIPs are supporters of SB, not people looking a major upgrade in content or service here. If your goal is to help keep the lights on because you love the forum then go for it. If you are tight for money or hoping to get a lot of extra stuff then it isn't for you.
But the man said he paid and doesn’t have access to what was advertised. Therefore since he hasn’t been responded to, and it is known that this is an ongoing issue that hasn’t been resolved in months, it is clearly fraud. If paid with a credit card it’s credit card fraud and if I remember right a federal crime. If it doesn’t work then shut the payment down to pay for the vip section until it is resolved. Seems simple. No tight purse strings here but all the advertisements I get and pop ups there should be an excess of cash for the new “owners “.

OP good luck with your search. Hope you stay in Michigan from another Michigander.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offrink For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
But the man said he paid and doesn’t have access to what was advertised. Therefore since he hasn’t been responded to, and it is known that this is an ongoing issue that hasn’t been resolved in months, it is clearly fraud. If paid with a credit card it’s credit card fraud and if I remember right a federal crime. If it doesn’t work then shut the payment down to pay for the vip section until it is resolved. Seems simple. No tight purse strings here but all the advertisements I get and pop ups there should be an excess of cash for the new “owners “.

OP good luck with your search. Hope you stay in Michigan from another Michigander.
I fully agree that monies paid should be given what was promised.

I certainly would not suggest that someone who has paid for it simply give up.

I'm just making sure that a person wanting VIP status understands what they are paying for.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 09:58 PM
ICBM Warrior

Quote:
Quote:

I fully agree that monies paid should be given what was promised.

I certainly would not suggest that someone who has paid for it simply give up.

I'm just making sure that a person wanting VIP status understands what they are paying for.
Thank you both for the input. I agree overall I should get what I pay for and then decide on my course of action. It's why I paid for 3 months as an evaluation. So far, nothing in return. While not being overly dramatic, I agree on a small scale, it's fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff_k For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 11:26 PM
I was young 50 years ago

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Thank you both for the input. I agree overall I should get what I pay for and then decide on my course of action. It's why I paid for 3 months as an evaluation. So far, nothing in return. While not being overly dramatic, I agree on a small scale, it's fraud.
The VIP system is broke. We have complained to Vertical Scope about it and they have done nothing that we know of. Anyone having an issue with the VIP subscriptions should make, or join, a thread in the Site Information section. I’m hoping to get an accurate count of how many have this problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2018, 11:36 PM
ICBM Warrior

Did that already. Thank you. Just saying, a sticky in the meantime would be of great help. Maybe one of the site's resident attorneys could help us brothers and sisters out and help Vertical Scope overcome their stubbornness.

Last edited by jeff_k; 08-07-2018 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: clarity of thought
Old 08-08-2018, 01:32 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Did that already. Thank you. Just saying, a sticky in the meantime would be of great help. Maybe one of the site's resident attorneys could help us brothers and sisters out and help Vertical Scope overcome their stubbornness.
There aren't many "resident attorneys" here, though I'm sure some do play one on television.....

Without trying to speculate when a resolution happens, I'll bet it will be Kev's or the staff's efforts that see it done.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,109 Times in 3,472 Posts

Hmm, shouldn't this be moved to a new topic? Talk about hijacking a thread...
Old 08-08-2018, 12:55 PM
I was young 50 years ago

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmMike View Post
Hmm, shouldn't this be moved to a new topic? Talk about hijacking a thread...
It has been moved to a new thread in the correct section and turned into a sticky.... not that it will matter since I don't think VS even reads this stuff
Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Retired Army

Thanked 9,194 Times in 3,568 Posts

Quote:

I get SB VIP limo service at most major airports and free samples at Baskin Robbins.

Al

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

Always looking for Bayonets and Surplus gun parts. Come on, I know you guys have some stuff stashed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Diehl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 11:51 PM
Prepare Adapt andOvercome

Quote:
Similarly, paid about a month ago and upgrade hasn't happened. PM's to Kev please, still no access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aussie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 12:59 PM
I was young 50 years ago

Awards Showcase

Kev and all the staff and mods are aware of the issues with the VIP system. Kev has sent MANY requests to Vertical Scope to have it fixed and they have thus far ignored all such requests.

Personally, I think people should stop sending money in to the VIP system until VS get's off their ass and fixes this forum.

Just my opinion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,866 Times in 523 Posts

Has this issue been fixed?

I am strongly considering being a site supporter and just kinda wanted to know if the issues have been worked out before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 15,859 Times in 4,423 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornly2 View Post
Has this issue been fixed?

I am strongly considering being a site supporter and just kinda wanted to know if the issues have been worked out before I pull the trigger.

Thanks
It has been many moons since I have heard of an issue. I believe it back to normal.
Besides, if anyone has an issue, I can help. I have helped dozens get their VIP status.
The Following User Says Thank You to MTShawn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,866 Times in 523 Posts

Just to update, the donation system seemed to work just fine. No problems at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cornly2 For This Useful Post: