Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Station Grounding Damonte Communications 61 02-15-2019 08:30 PM
Complete List Living off the Grid Grifters Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 150 10-16-2018 08:56 PM
Moving to Tonga to live on an uninhabited island. Kaizen Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 54 01-22-2018 12:42 AM
Energizing a breaker box with a portable generator MyPrepperLife DIY - Do It Yourself 78 11-01-2017 05:53 PM
Silver Bear 45acp 230gr Zinc Plated Steel Case 50rd Box Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 08-10-2017 08:41 AM

Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,429 Times in 5,605 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Locke View Post
This is so untrue. Been a member since 2012 with maybe two or three warnings at most, no bans. You banned me for conspiring with a member who sent me a pm that I didnt even respond to.

Just because you had a bad day or week. You made the post that started everything and said no repercussions, well we see how that went.

btw, hello koolaid drinker
hello back conspirator
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 15,417 Times in 4,316 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Done.

Message to the moderators - Ricekila had no history of infractions.

Unless the member is a spammer, banned members must have a history of warning and/or infractions before being banned.
Once again you blame the Mods before checking. So much easier to blame those dedicated to the forum, you know, 'a sure thing' , instead of building relationships with the members that make this place what is is and holding to account those that try to disrupt it at every turn. We get it.

Quote:
You are right. The admin control panel did not show the infractions on his profile. I had to click another link to see them.

My apologizes.

Still, let's let him come back.
What we read: "Oops, my bad but, even though the Mods did it right, I don't care, let us bring the troll back, despite his history."

OK, now that that part is done, I would like to say something despite my being very hesitant. Now, do not get me wrong, I have nothing against unbanning several people....dozens even, hell, I bet a hundred could come back and we would barely notice. And I am not here to defend poor management choices. This is a hard gig and for some, remaining neutral and limiting transference is hard in our stated roles. I miss posting like a normal member and have a couple threads that need attention but, I don't because it would get trolled just because.

Now back to specifics. Kev set the precedent, so I will take some liberties in what I share. Ricekilla has had 26 official infractions. What was not said in this thread' is how he copied and shared both here and elsewhere, private messages and conversations from the Grievance Section; to those that have not used it, it is held in the highest confidence by the staff team. What is said there, stays. Like Vegas but, NOT fun like Vegas.
We dealt with, in the legal standard, defamation and slander, as he personally sought to destroy the Staff, Kev and the site as a whole. We went through this for over a year because we liked the RK we knew. We figured he was just angry at previous Mods and it would go away in time. We were wrong. As a result of his return, I have had another Mod quit and another 2 on the fence.... Thanks to Kev, Rice may get the upset he worked so hard for.

I will close with two more things.... I have busted my ass along with the Mods over the last year to build relationships. I have stood by the Mods and I have stood by Members. They can tell you that I have resisted when I felt an action was wrong and I have encouraged a lot of restraint. I am NOT their boss in any way....but, they have followed my lead and we have had less bannings and infractions than at any time since I first became a Staff member. And many members can verify this in my dealings with them as well. This will bring my final point....

Kevin Felts,

Man, you are good guy and we love this place but, damn..... please do not take this wrong and I will be as direct and as cordial as I can be. Your treatment of those that work, for free, is reprehensible. While you were homesteading and Vertical Scope were doing...what ever it is they do. I was fixing VIP's, Merchants, Manually giving accounts back via phone because the forum was so unstable we did not know what would happen if I lost contact. Yeah, since I took this job to reset names and fix the basics... I spent more than 40 hours a week on top of my 60 hour a week job. (During the glitch debacle, I spent over 300 hours helping people) The Mods did similar trying to stay on top of issues.
And it was the Mods that documented issues for me to work on when I had the time. To claim the current Mod team has overstepped in any fashion is lame at best, because you and them were getting paid while we worked on helping those that matter. We fixed over 120 accounts before a fix happened. Contrary to what most think, infractions and bans are not what this team is about. None of the team right now give bans easily. Why do we do it? because we believe in what SB stands for and we love the friends we have made here. We don't burn effigies and go looking for a victim. We would love nothing more than to be bored and given the time to hang out as preppers again.

One more point. There is a Thread in the DS about the end of SB...Nah, the Mods are taking a break. Why bust your ass for free when those earning money off of your efforts treat you like crap?......things will settle down in due time...if the owner stops stirring the cesspool.

I think I have said what I will in this thread. I am going to close it until Kev reads it. He can open it back up for discussion if he chooses. Or I will leave it open.... I do not want to get fired but, hell, I am so close to quitting, it may not matter.

Actually, to be honest, the current team is the most vetted and experienced. I would not want to be around if Kev had to start afresh. I say we stick together and find the sweet spot again.

Peace my friends.
Always yours,
Shawn.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MTShawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 152,713 Times in 44,505 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTShawn View Post
None of the team right now give bans easily.
Which is also why the site is so full of trolls and troublemakers lately. Either we fix a problem or it festers and grows.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:

Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,168 Times in 7,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Which is also why the site is so full of trolls and troublemakers lately. Either we fix a problem or it festers and grows.
Ban the trolls.

However, we need to balance how much someone contributes to the community, as compared to how much they harm the community.

If someone post a couple of off hand comments, but post essay length replies to important topics, they contribute more than they take away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 PM
The Mighty Pen

Thanked 10,760 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Done.

Message to the moderators - Ricekila had no history of infractions.

Unless the member is a spammer, banned members must have a history of warning and/or infractions before being banned.
Is this the new policy? Because I'm pretty sure my sole infraction for language didn't deserve a ban.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 PM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 22,104 Times in 8,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpals View Post
Is this the new policy? Because I'm pretty sure my sole infraction for language didn't deserve a ban.
Your ban from Kev was not for language.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban
The Following User Says Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 08:16 PM
The Mighty Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Your ban from Kev was not for language.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
So that policy only applies to bans by mods.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:59 PM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 22,104 Times in 8,016 Posts

Quote:
So that policy only applies to bans by mods.
My point was that you were not banned for language.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban
The Following User Says Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 09:11 PM
The Mighty Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
My point was that you were not banned for language.
And my point is that my banning didn't follow the policy as stated that infractions and/or warnings would be given first.

In the long run, it doesn't matter, but it is an inconsistency.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I banned you for 5 days because you were being an ass hole.

Stupid word censor. I might have to fix that.

EDIT

I try to be a nice guy, really I do. However, when I reach a certain limit I will and out bans like candy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 10:20 PM
The Mighty Pen

Quote:
I banned you for 5 days because you were being an ass hole.

Stupid word censor. I might have to fix that.

EDIT

I try to be a nice guy, really I do. However, when I reach a certain limit I will and out bans like candy.
Was this action in a post that was deleted? I'm not seeing it in my post history. I don't deny that I can be a bitch on occasion; I just don't recall anything specific in this case.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Was this action in a post that was deleted? I'm not seeing it in my post history. I don't deny that I can be a bitch on occasion; I just don't recall anything specific in this case.
Take your candy and move along.

Nothing good can come from this.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:13 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 11,675 Times in 3,815 Posts

My only suggestion is that the amazon gift card redirect scam is dealt with. It makes it impossible to use the site with an iphone or ipad. Its not just an ad, it redirects you to another website in a such a way you can't even use the back button but have to start all over again. Ads are one thing, I realize this is a for profit endeavor rather than a service, but when something boots you out of the site altogether I don't see how it can be good for anyone.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
My only suggestion is that the amazon gift card redirect scam is dealt with. It makes it impossible to use the site with an iphone or ipad. Its not just an ad, it redirects you to another website in a such a way you can't even use the back button but have to start all over again. Ads are one thing, I realize this is a for profit endeavor rather than a service, but when something boots you out of the site altogether I don't see how it can be good for anyone.
Not just this forum is having the issues. The same type of ad is showing on thousands of sites.

People who manage the know of the issue and are working on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 10:55 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
You think its bad now , wait til the Primary season (Mid Term Election) is in full swing , this Forum/board is on THEIR radar again ...
Old 03-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Certified Organic Grower

Thanked 10,869 Times in 3,360 Posts

This has been an interesting thread.
I don't envy the task of managing all the meadow muffins that goes on here.
Thanks Kev/mods/staff for keeping it afloat.

Bans are necessary, no bones about it.
Be consistent giving a warning beforehand, and you should be good to go if/when the hammer comes down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftCoast Grower For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 11,675 Times in 3,815 Posts

Quote:
People who manage the know of the issue and are working on it.
Thanks.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Thanked 79,988 Times in 31,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyme2bprepped View Post
Ricekila because he is funny, and he documented hurricane Sandy for us in great detail. Also for being a veteran and a nice person.
-----------
Old 12-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Retired Army

Thanked 9,056 Times in 3,529 Posts

Welcome back Rice.

Al

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

Always looking for Bayonets and Surplus gun parts. Come on, I know you guys have some stuff stashed
The Following User Says Thank You to Al Diehl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,429 Times in 5,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
-----------
The Following User Says Thank You to thyme2bprepped For This Useful Post: