Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY SHTF rifle - Ruger GSR .308 Joshohoho Rifle Forum 48 05-14-2015 10:14 PM
Ruger Mini-14/Mini 30 Complete Referance Guide Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-16-2015 03:59 PM
TAPCO Intrafuse Mini-14/Mini-30 Rifle System (Black) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 12-24-2014 02:31 PM
New Ruger Mini 14 Target Rifle Pathfinder Rifle Forum 36 11-23-2014 09:04 PM
Ruger Mini-30 Rifle AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 03-27-2014 07:00 PM
Ruger Mini 30 or Mini 14? Jdudek Rifle Forum 30 11-21-2012 09:09 PM
Ruger scout rifle: for hunting and shtf? tropicheat Firearms General Discussion 26 10-07-2012 09:36 AM
Used Ruger Mini-14 .223 LE Trade-In Semi Auto Rifle. Very Good Condition $449 and up apps47inc For Sale 0 06-25-2012 08:55 PM
New Ruger 10/22 Takedown Rifle (Video) - Ideal Survival Rimfire Rifle - $299 apps47inc For Sale 4 03-29-2012 01:08 PM
Alright, the AK 47 or the Ruger Mini 30 Ranch Rifle? JustADude Military Weapons Forum 77 03-30-2009 06:42 PM

Old 05-27-2019, 03:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,617 Times in 878 Posts

Advertise Here

I went to the parents farm over the weekend and it was windy. The barn doors were open on both sides and it’s a wind tunnel. With the 20mph constant wind it worked up a lot to dust, dust in your eyes dust. The mini sat in there for 4 hours with the wind constantly putting dust on it.

After 4 hours, without even a thought of the internet facts and how they are supposed to be real world fact, i shot it, then shot it a bunch more. I’ll be damned if I learned something Saturday. I learned my mini 14 is completely and totally illiterate. If only it could read about how it will jam and break before even a single round is fired.

I already knew the mini was illiterate, so I knew it would be fine. I was even more impressed that the R51 that got equally dusty didn’t jam or even hiccup once in the dusty conditions through 200 rounds of various ammo types. Such an easy carrying, light recoiling small pistol that shoot like it’s a full size pistol. The thing is extremely accurate. The mini was it’s normal boring reliable self, nothing new there.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dusty Bones For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,840 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bones View Post
I went to the parents farm over the weekend and it was windy. The barn doors were open on both sides and itís a wind tunnel. With the 20mph constant wind it worked up a lot to dust, dust in your eyes dust. The mini sat in there for 4 hours with the wind constantly putting dust on it.

After 4 hours, without even a thought of the internet facts and how they are supposed to be real world fact, i shot it, then shot it a bunch more. Iíll be damned if I learned something Saturday. I learned my mini 14 is completely and totally illiterate. If only it could read about how it will jam and break before even a single round is fired.

I already knew the mini was illiterate, so I knew it would be fine. I was even more impressed that the R51 that got equally dusty didnít jam or even hiccup once in the dusty conditions through 200 rounds of various ammo types. Such an easy carrying, light recoiling small pistol that shoot like itís a full size pistol. The thing is extremely accurate. The mini was itís normal boring reliable self, nothing new there.
Say it ain't so DB! Are you sayin that them Xsquirts are mistaken? Impossible.

However....your not done yet.

Next up= drizzle simulation. Your gonna need your old lady's sprinkler from her garden. Dont clean it. That dust will turn to mud, melt the barrel, crack the stock, and turn your op rod into sushi.
It's gonna happen because someone who seen a picture of a Mini14 once upon a time has decreed this to be it's fate.

Good luck and for Christ sake......teach that rifle how to read.

11B
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fragout For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchet jack View Post
My only complaint with the Mini is that when the rifle has a 20 round mag in it and you are carrying with the sling the mag digs in your back. I wish they had the option of side sling mounts like seen on the M-1 Carbine.
You probably already know this, but you can get buttstock pads with a side clip to attach your sling the way you want it...
The Following User Says Thank You to hoodoo For This Useful Post: