Solar Generator that looks like a gun case. Group Purchase? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Solar Wholesale Do it yourself kits for on or off-grid homesteads. Portable solar power for hunting, fishing, camping and emergencies www.solarwholesale.com

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
512W Solar Generator w/ 80W SOLAR PANEL SolarWholesale Solar Wholesale 2 07-15-2016 09:55 AM
Save $10 on Your $50 Plano Box and Gun Case Purchase apps47inc For Sale 0 02-28-2013 01:53 PM
Solar Generator? mad dod 7 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 02-24-2013 12:44 PM
Solar Generator..... frankv74 DIY - Do It Yourself 24 06-30-2012 08:24 PM
Solar Generator from scrap solar pieces. JaredMuhle Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 2 10-23-2011 10:28 PM
Solar generator... Jmarsh Urban Survival 12 03-24-2011 04:59 PM
solar generator countryboy DIY - Do It Yourself 2 05-07-2010 05:43 PM
Solar generator alder12 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 08-05-2009 11:13 AM

Old 07-12-2016, 04:36 PM

Default Solar Generator that looks like a gun case. Group Purchase?

Advertise Here

If I can get 3+ people interested in ordering I can lower the price on these. I took one of these camping and kept a fan running all night. Great for camping, hunting and emergencies.

150w Inverter

http://www.solarwholesale.com/produc...lar-generator/

We also have a bigger 350w

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,710 Times in 550 Posts

That is a very convenient and good looking package. However, $437.99 for a 20 watt solar panel and a 16 ah battery pack is a very steep price for the actual energy production and storage capacity that it has. I have put together a portable solar generator package consisting of a 40 watt panel (e-bay $70 w/shpg.) and a 17 ah battery pack from Harbor Freight $55 with a 25% coupon. That's is $125 total. The harbor freight battery pack also has many more options for use of the power, built right into the unit such as an led light, compressor, usb port, 2-12 volt outlets, and jumper cables. The one advantage the briefcase would have is that it has the lighter weight li-ion battery, while the Harbor Freight battery pack has a replaceable sealed lead acid battery. Even so the Harbor Freight battery pack is plenty light enough to be easily carried around. Here is a link to the battery packs from Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-1-...sor-62374.html
Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobytes View Post
That is a very convenient and good looking package. However, $437.99 for a 20 watt solar panel and a 16 ah battery pack is a very steep price for the actual energy production and storage capacity that it has. I have put together a portable solar generator package consisting of a 40 watt panel (e-bay $70 w/shpg.) and a 17 ah battery pack from Harbor Freight $55 with a 25% coupon. That's is $125 total. The harbor freight battery pack also has many more options for use of the power, built right into the unit such as an led light, compressor, usb port, 2-12 volt outlets, and jumper cables. The one advantage the briefcase would have is that it has the lighter weight li-ion battery, while the Harbor Freight battery pack has a replaceable sealed lead acid battery. Even so the Harbor Freight battery pack is plenty light enough to be easily carried around. Here is a link to the battery packs from Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-1-...sor-62374.html
You can definitely piece together something to work that's similar. You already mentioned the weight difference which can be a big factor when hunting or hiking. It's also nice to have everything in one. You just open her up and the panels charge and there's only one piece to take with you. Being water resistant and shock proof is always a plus. Also factor in a warranty.

Have fun hauling around a solar panel, jumper cables, a lead acid battery and the elk you just shot...or running away from commies.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:41 AM
Prepared

Always wanted one of those. I priced out components while I was in Japan and decided to build my own as makobytes mentioned. One day I'll shell out for one. What is the final price if you get enough people?

Built this in an ammo can. x2 13Ah Batteries in parallel and even loaded the lid with LEDs for built in lighting. 15Watt Goal Zero.....inverter on the side. Little over $100.

Not as cool and portable, but does the job without breaking the bank.

Not trying to take away from the OPs post, but as an added benefit....if you build it yourself, you can troubleshoot it easily since you'll know your build.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:10 PM

I like that you guys post. I'm not opposed to DIY for solar setups. Part of having this stuff is convenience and we all pay for convenience one way or another. I know you can piece together a milk crate with the same stuff but this is an all in one deal.

I can get the price down to $400ish on the smaller one and 680ish on the bigger one. I'll hook anyone up who gives me a call. 800.661.6027
The Following User Says Thank You to SolarWholesale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Sale time!

$340
The Following User Says Thank You to SolarWholesale For This Useful Post: