Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop moving to Texas orangenomad General Discussion 111 12-13-2018 03:12 PM
Russia Moving into Syria and Iraq, China moving Navy into Mediterranean Charles Spurgeon Manmade and Natural Disasters 28 12-23-2015 10:09 PM
Im moving and need help!! Locked Out General Discussion 10 12-08-2014 12:01 PM
We're moving on up sandcrab General Discussion 0 04-01-2014 04:22 PM
Congress 6 month stop-gap to stop Government shutdown II DALTON II Financial Forum 7 09-14-2012 02:15 PM
Hey from...moving around. g39 New Member Introduction 9 10-14-2011 08:20 PM
IL - ccw is moving wtr100 Political News and Discussion 16 05-06-2011 10:45 PM
Woo-hoo! I'm moving to NP! bridgierapa Australia and New Zealand 7 11-25-2009 03:52 PM
Stop acting like it and we'll stop saying it... ImbriD Controversial News and Alternative Politics 80 10-28-2009 09:56 PM
Moving.... countryboy123 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 04-15-2008 10:50 PM

Old 12-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Old Fart

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehullpeas View Post
If I don't want someone to come to Texas, I give them an honest description:

Snakes everywhere...Timber rattlers in the East, Diamondbacks in the west, not to mention Cotton mouths and Copperheads. Then those guys down in the SE part of the state have gators! Bigfoot is here also, of course he's everywhere now.
Crime is horrible, The Cartels are just next door (some say they're here, that's for another topic) of course we have bikers (1%ers) and just plain trash of every color! Obama wants to infiltrate us with illegal aliens, whether from Syria or South of the Border.
It's too hot and humid in the Summer, to Icy and cold in the Winter, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, drought.
The Cowboys can't win a game.
Austin is too weird. Lesbians, Gays, Atheist, Terrorist; pick your poison! But Hey, come on in! Welcome and a big Howdy!
Hurry up and get your license plate changed so you don't get shot traveling on the highways!

See what I did there?
Sounds like my kinda place though i will avoid Austin like the plague. I wanna move out to Brewster county near Big Bend. That's more my style.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to trinity93 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTennWoodsman View Post
People from outside of Tennessee please stop moving here. Please stop retiring to here and buying up all the old family farms and land with your northeast and west coast retirement money. Please stop moving from up north to Florida and then back to here. Please stop resettling here, please stop trying to "homestead" here. Please find another state to overcrowd and destroy. Tennessee has always been,and remains to be, for now, the perfect balance of growing seasons,reclusiveness,decent state government compared to most,low cost of living,more than adequate hunting seasons and game laws to live a pretty decent subsistence lifestyle, beautiful forested scenery and a simple charm to most communities that most other places just don't have.

I've watched this state change dramatically over the last 20-30 years. STOP destroying it. Please. Stay where you are.

Glad I got that of my chest.
The same can be said for just about any rural area in the red states (at least). The wealthy are getting their bolt holes ready just in case it all goes down the toilet. In the meantime they party in the big cities in the blue states.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity93 View Post
Sounds like my kinda place though i will avoid Austin like the plague. I wanna move out to Brewster county near Big Bend. That's more my style.
Yep, that's the place for me, as well. You gotta like solitude, because that's what you're gonna get - as well as gorgeous vistas. I never cared for the woods of East Texas (my current location). I like to see the sun rise and set on the horizon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paleocat For This Useful Post:

Old 12-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,312 Posts

Amen from Middle TN. The only good yankee is the one heading north.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SouthernSassy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,774 Times in 2,487 Posts

purpilhullpeas, Don't forget about the fire ants in TX. They are worse than running into a person that is carrying. Been there.
The Following User Says Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 01:34 AM

what the hell do you expect when our government does nothing about twenty million illegals in our country.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:28 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,215 Times in 496 Posts

For those of you wondering what all the Texans were doing posting here. Many of us Tennesseans think of Texas as extreme SW TN and many Texans think of TN as extreme NE Texas. Some of those think they put Arkansas in to keep us separated.

To everyone not here, don't come! We have earthquakes and tornadoes. Hurricanes come here to die, dropping all their rain here. We have droughts and floods, often one following the other. We have the second lowest education budget (thank you Mississippi for being first) of all the states. We now have coyotes, armadillos (possum on the half shell), and fire ants. And the weather! Other places have climate, TN has weather! Most of the state doesn't get a lot of snow, but we get ice. It's a lot easier to drive in a foot of snow rather than on a quarter inch thick laver of ice. And to top it off you may have to live next to people like me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freebirde For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Target Shooter

All that crap stops at the Monroe and Polk county borders here in Tennessee. Why? Because the mountain boys think yankees taste like chicken! If it ain't got a southern drawl, shoot it! They have been doing that since 1861 Iffin your great grand daddy wasn't born here, you just ain't trustable! These boys can shoot a gnat off a mess of fresh grits at 500 yards in a heavy fog! It's a 2 hour drive to find a liberal. We don't attract too many northeastern type yankees. Your problem is being too civilized and having towns with shopping centers, running water, and electricity. Burn those down and the yankees will leave
The Following User Says Thank You to Hayden For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:12 PM

these yankee's move to NC to .If i had a dollar foe each time a yankee said we done so and so this way up north.They use to come and hunt on anybodies property with out asking but when they buy property here they want let anybody hunt or fish on it .they are rude as hell .they run from the high taxes that they had up north and then want all the government programs they had up north so our taxes go up here making it just like what they left.I don't know how many yankees i have told why don't you go back up north if it is so bad here,when they start bitching about the way things are in NC.I have found out that the yankees that lived out in the rural areas up north are pretty good but the ones from the cities are loud mouths and obnoxious.This is from my having to work with them and living beside them.The one neighbor was from Mass and they built a road 20 feet over on my property.I told them i would just give them a ride of way for as long as they lived there but if they ever sold their property they would have to move the road or pay me for the land .I thought i was fair ,to them I was the biggest sob on the planet.If the tables were turned i would have been in court.Everybody they had dealings with there was trouble .
Old 12-31-2015, 12:25 PM

"Thank you AZ Rancher!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,579 Times in 1,875 Posts

Have you noticed how all those liberals begin to complain about hunting (they want to ban it), raise your taxes so they can have paved roads, create zoning laws, etc.?

Here, we told them to move back to California if they wanted that lifestyle so bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldCorps For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady12 View Post
We have the opposite problem: everyone leaving, by death or relocation. There are 15 homes for sale within a mile of me, none with a realtor because they aren't worth much but parents are dead, kids live out of state and just want rid of it. Most of the time, they don't pay the property taxes just so it gets sold somewhere for something. Then it still sits empty because no one is here to buy it!
Same here in Central Ky, but that's fine. What few neighbors I can actually see from our place, are polite when met on the road, but never bother anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:42 PM
Trapper

It's happening every where but it wouldn't be such a problem if they embraced the local customs . Instead they bring their corruption and failed ideologies with them .
The Following User Says Thank You to goliath4407 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Ephemerally here

Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
How-ya fixed for right-wing-ultra-conservative Jews -- room for one more
You'd be welcome over Here, Rice!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HandLoad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 01:31 PM
BASS

Thanked 2,444 Times in 948 Posts

I have family in Tennessee. I want to live there also but wife won't move.

I hunt in TN with family who have a lot of acres of private property to hunt with permission.

Where I grew up I started hunting at the back yard. Those days are over in that area. I fit right in with the people in TN. I have the same values and am respectful of the people as they are. I say good morning and thank you; hold a door for someone and wave to others going down the country roads. That is how I grew up and was raised.

Many companies are moving to TN and bringing thousands of people along with them. That is a major reason for so many people moving there around the major cities. Take a look at Nashville and see all the multi story office buildings going up. I see large cranes in all directions in the city.

The same things happened in the area I lived in. My school friends said, "You live in the woods". Yes....., and now there are no woods left.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:32 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Thanked 79,988 Times in 31,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandLoad View Post
You'd be welcome over Here, Rice!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Retired thinker

Thanked 30,029 Times in 6,285 Posts

Yes, you got to hate those transplants who move into an area and ruin it. Imagine the nerve of retired folks like me:

Buying or building a big house and paying lots of taxes on it while having zero kids to send to school compared to the guy living in a trailer/tent with 6 hungry kids on food stamps who complain about bad schools.

Improving their houses and making their property beautiful, thereby raising the property values of those all around them instead of bringing in a new trailer and broken equipment to discourage new buyers.

Eating out a lot and patronizing local businesses and buying things like new cars and boats to stimulate those who still work and keep the town afloat.

Obeying the game laws and shooting things in season rather than baiting in your back yard and blasting everything that walks by, day or night, in or out of season and not catching/keeping limitless amounts of fish.

Setting up stills, making meth, dealing drugs, abusing prescription drugs... what nerve, especially coming from well educated and professional people!

Volunteering to help the elderly and needy, many of which are the very same ones who resent their presence!

You see, there are two sides to every story. The implants can improve the quality of life, improve property values, create jobs, improve schools and infrastructure and government services, etc.

Sad but some people just can't see much past their noses.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fillzee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 04:52 PM
Woodsman

Thanked 1,659 Times in 642 Posts
Default Please stop moving here

In a state with only 41k square miles and over 6 million people a flood of warm bodies of almost any type can't be much help. These communities have been thriving and surviving long before a retiree migration with their big houses and dinners on the town were needed to save em.

There are still people who don't want to look at anyone's house whether it be a mobile home or your fine estate. Too many people are too damn many people regardless of income,lifestyle,behaviors or spending habits. That's the point. This place ain't gonna hold but so many before it starts looking like New Jersey.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Crusty Old B*stard

Thanked 2,082 Times in 687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
All that crap stops at the Monroe and Polk county borders here in Tennessee. Why? Because the mountain boys think yankees taste like chicken! If it ain't got a southern drawl, shoot it! They have been doing that since 1861 Iffin your great grand daddy wasn't born here, you just ain't trustable! These boys can shoot a gnat off a mess of fresh grits at 500 yards in a heavy fog! It's a 2 hour drive to find a liberal. We don't attract too many northeastern type yankees. Your problem is being too civilized and having towns with shopping centers, running water, and electricity. Burn those down and the yankees will leave
My second-great grandmother was born in Tennessee in 1819. During the War of Northern Aggression she caught two yankee soldiers raiding her smokehouse. She didn't have a gun, but killed one with an axe and the other by hitting him over the head with a wooden bucket so hard that it split his skull open. And being the compassionate, God-fearing woman that she was, she gave 'em a decent Christian burial. Tennessee women are tough, and they know just what to do with a yankee when they see one!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry The Cat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 07:39 PM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 6,181 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTennWoodsman View Post
People from outside of Tennessee please stop moving here. Please stop retiring to here and buying up all the old family farms and land with your northeast and west coast retirement money. Please stop moving from up north to Florida and then back to here. Please stop resettling here, please stop trying to "homestead" here. Please find another state to overcrowd and destroy. Tennessee has always been,and remains to be, for now, the perfect balance of growing seasons,reclusiveness,decent state government compared to most,low cost of living,more than adequate hunting seasons and game laws to live a pretty decent subsistence lifestyle, beautiful forested scenery and a simple charm to most communities that most other places just don't have.

I've watched this state change dramatically over the last 20-30 years. STOP destroying it. Please. Stay where you are.

Glad I got that of my chest.
The traditional Snowbird destinations like Florida, California, and Arizona are getting too expensive/crime-ridden/crowded. So they are now looking for alternative places like Tennessee. Land and housing is (relatively) cheap, taxes are lower, and the climate has the right degree of seasonal variation, without severe extremes.

Glad I live in rural Nebraska. The winters are too cold to attract these types of "immigrants".