Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update! What are these missouri plants? (March 3 2013) Dodge631 Edible & Non-Edible Plants 10 03-05-2013 03:15 PM
Radioactive seawater update - March 2012 Scorpio Manmade and Natural Disasters 21 03-18-2012 11:12 AM
Forum update March 27, 2011 kev Site Information & Suggestion Box 22 04-04-2011 11:15 AM
March 15th update kev Site Information & Suggestion Box 13 03-17-2010 10:17 PM
Florida Gun Show In St Pete March 27th March 28th 2010 FloridaGunCollectr Events, Connections and Get togethers 0 12-16-2009 09:01 PM
Video - Garden update June 7th 2008 kev Survival Discussion, Articles, Reviews and Videos 3 06-16-2008 09:47 AM
February 2008 update kev Site Information & Suggestion Box 7 03-01-2008 07:13 PM
End of January 2008 update kev Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 01-31-2008 10:54 PM

Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,260 Times in 7,842 Posts
Default End of March 2008 update

Advertise Here

First, I would like to thank all of the VIP members. Without their financial support this site could not be what it is today. This financial support by the members is what keeps this site ad and banner free. To join the VIP group, follow this link .

During March we had in increase of almost 500 new threads, as compared to the previous month.

New Threads:

January, 2008 --- 1,299
February, 2008 --- 1,449
March, 2008 --- 1,919

Total Post:
January, 2008 --- 15,026
February, 2008 --- 15,542
March, 2008 --- 21,930

In the last month we have upgraded to the forum software to the latest version. This upgrade added Social Groups.

Comments in the public picture gallery are broken. This is because of the forum software upgrade and the gallery software people have not released an update. We might get a new picture gallery, I do not know just yet.

VIP members can have a gallery in their profile. So if you have a current VIP membership, just use the gallery in your profile.

The "Store" link at the top of the page is going to be renamed to classifieds and the "Store" link will point to the amazon store front. The classifieds section will remain free to members that have more then 5 post. Members with less then 5 post can not post ads.

The Gardening Projects in the gardening section have come along very nicely. I want to thank everyone that has posted a gardening project.

We will be opening a new section of the forum - https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

A gear and review section. The first post of the thread must have a review or in depth article in it. To prevent noobs from posting questions or general discussion stuff in that section, members can not start new threads. If an article wins an award, it will be moved to the Article and Reviews section with a permanent link left in its original spot. Some threads have been moved to the new section already. At the very top there is an authors section. If you wish to apply for an award, post the article there, it will be reviewed, then either accepted or denied.

On the topic of Religion - This is a touchy topic. Some of the debates have been harsh towards other members. I am guilty of being over bearing in some of my post and for that I apologize.

What is next? Well, I really dont know. I would like some better gallery software, so that might be in the works. Maybe a blog feature for the members? The site is pretty much complete as it is. The members have more features here then any other site I can think of.

April is also the one year anniversary of this site. It was in April 2007 that is reopened.

In celebration of our one year anniversary some unnamed prizes will be given away to the members over the next couple of weeks. Only currently active members can win. That means if a member has not visited the site in the last 30 days, they will not be entered.

The Forum Order has been changed up. One of my biggest questions about this site, why does the hunting, trapping & fishing sections get so little traffic? So the general (regular) discussion sections have been moved to the bottom of the page. The important sections - preparing, survival, gardening, guns and hunting are now at the top of the page. Stuff like the news, religious and political discussion are at the bottom.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
ruralist

Thanks for the update kev. On the last update I read something about non VIP members would lose avatars and so removed mine, but see non VIP members still have theirs. Has that idea been dropped?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,881 Times in 858 Posts

Thanks for the update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,260 Times in 7,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrexian View Post
Thanks for the update kev. On the last update I read something about non VIP members would lose avatars and so removed mine, but see non VIP members still have theirs. Has that idea been dropped?
Yea, I am just too kind hearted. Signatures were removed, but we kept the avatars. I even went as far as to add a bunch of built in avatars for people to use. So add your avatar back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Thanks for the update.
Your welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gear Review 
Total Awards: 1

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Good Bye

Thanked 1,410 Times in 672 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

It's impressive that we have had an increase of 500 threads/mo and a bump of almost 5k postst/mo.

Congrats Survivalistboards!!!