Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying no to unprepared families Montana Jack Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 624 11-25-2015 04:11 PM
German Tanks moving into Poland to join U.S. forces MissileD11 Manmade and Natural Disasters 23 06-16-2015 04:21 PM
U.S.A. and Iran To Join Forces? Trippers Political News and Discussion 32 06-17-2014 03:08 PM
BOB for families? TXprepmom Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 05-30-2014 02:49 AM
Marriage and families...no more. freeman1000 General Discussion 617 07-22-2012 04:22 PM
GHB for families? BigWorm Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 04-10-2012 02:54 PM
Dow and Monsanto Join Forces to Poison America's Heartland Horned One Manmade and Natural Disasters 17 03-02-2012 06:27 PM
Wanted: Group to join forces with at a BOL patriot101 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 39 02-29-2012 03:20 PM
These families deserve our help. kahn General Discussion 0 10-31-2008 09:58 AM

Old 07-07-2015, 12:44 AM

Default Families join forces

Advertise Here

Has anyone thought about joining forces on surviving. I'm thinking if local people joing up and work together to prep for the what if. I'm it would be more protection, more supplies, more help on labor, and much more. If somthing big where to happen, a and we all have to scramble for more suppliea. A group can spread out to get more. Some can get food , some meds, some weapons, some tools, and any other supplies off a checklist?? Just my thoughts.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 12:47 AM

Even if not local, it's a good idea if your a HAMer to link up with folks before SHTF.

What's going on here may not be what's going on there if something were to happen. Folks would need a way for news to travel should easy forms of communication were to go down. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:43 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,319 Posts

You two related?

3 minutes apart in posting?

3 minutes apart in last activity?

Whirrledpeas
Last Activity: Yesterday 07:57 AM

washingtons
Last Activity: Yesterday 08:00 AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Job 31:6

Location: The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is where my heart will always be.
Thanked 2,190 Times in 540 Posts

That's called.....being a neighbor. Get out and meet your neighbors. Folks used to help each other out all the time......before they got hooked on T.V. and video games. They used to know their neighbor's names....and folks used to help plow fields, plow driveways, and look out for each other.

Prepping??? That's called being prepared. If my neighbor has a tractor....maybe I'll do the snow plow. (or whatever)

As far as a group to "spread out so you can get more"...... Well, if you "try to get" my stuff....you'll end up dead. I think you might want to re-think that approach to spread out to help each other.

Just sayin.....
Old 07-09-2015, 12:30 AM

I'm in NLV also.

I was thinking the same thing. Find people you're compatible with and join forces.

We could meet up and chat to see if joining forces would be ideal.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern-Lights View Post
That's called.....being a neighbor. Get out and meet your neighbors. Folks used to help each other out all the time......before they got hooked on T.V. and video games. They used to know their neighbor's names....and folks used to help plow fields, plow driveways, and look out for each other.

Prepping??? That's called being prepared. If my neighbor has a tractor....maybe I'll do the snow plow. (or whatever)

As far as a group to "spread out so you can get more"...... Well, if you "try to get" my stuff....you'll end up dead. I think you might want to re-think that approach to spread out to help each other.

Just sayin.....
I understand your point but , maybe taking mine wrong. The west coast is not like the south were people really know their neighbors. Especially Vegas people come and go so they not here long enough to even get to know each other, or once you meet him they're gone. I was talking more like mine people getting together and working together. I'm not talking about giving up your supplies but if you build up a trust and understanding with each other maybe we could help each other out with our weak points. I know how to make different types of fuel, maybe some body have lots of generators but not a big supply of fuel for it. If i had to make diesel gas, but don't have all my ingredients our supplies maybe somebody in the circle have Dank and tanks of oil that I would need, or maybe somebody have boxes of drain cleaner that they're not sure the use of it but i could use it for fuel. Maybe somebody has lots of sand bags and i have lots of charcoal, and another person have lots of plastic barrels, we can get together and make lots of water filters. Or let's say my wife is a pharmacist, person B does natural medicines, person C works at a plant nursery, and person D works at a medical supplies warehouse. If those people knew each other, and make a small alliance they would be able make there own or know better what to get. Google is only good for the present time. I'm great in chemistry but may not have all the supplies. If the son was blocked off, how many people know how to make a underground grow room that needs electricity. I can make solar panels from scratch, and also make light bulbs, glass and more, but it would be useless if i didn't have all the resources
The Following User Says Thank You to washingtons For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrledpeas View Post
Even if not local, it's a good idea if your a HAMer to link up with folks before SHTF.

What's going on here may not be what's going on there if something were to happen. Folks would need a way for news to travel should easy forms of communication were to go down. Just my thoughts.
I agree. I took classes in radio, that was very helpful since unlike cell phones, it's not dependent on a satellite. Plusyour certs. can get you from state to state check points if they ever do Marshall law. I was thanking even having code words or dress to know if you are friendly's or not. For the people that agree maybe have a group private communication on here. That way the jokers or negative ones don't discourage the ones who think is small alliances better that isolation. I believe two heads are better than one. I think it's better to have a group of people you can trust now than to wait and look for them when s*** hit the fan.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtguy View Post
I'm in NLV also.

I was thinking the same thing. Find people you're compatible with and join forces.

We could meet up and chat to see if joining forces would be ideal.
That sounds great, we all know that vegas don't give people lots of options. We are in the desert. Most people would make a few choices stay in the city and fight it out, Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, or get out of Dodge. Most people will get disgruntle for having no AC, a lack of food and much more. I have plenty of guns and bullets, but how good can a family four hold off People wanting to survive in a city. That's why i feel like minded people should come together and creat many options and plans.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtons View Post
That sounds great, we all know that vegas don't give people lots of options. We are in the desert. Most people would make a few choices stay in the city and fight it out, Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, or get out of Dodge. Most people will get disgruntle for having no AC, a lack of food and much more. I have plenty of guns and bullets, but how good can a family four hold off People wanting to survive in a city. That's why i feel like minded people should come together and creat many options and plans.
I'm in the starting stages of prepping, so I'm way behind the curve. I'm researching many things including the HAM radio and certs for it.

I agree with the comment about those who band together should have a way of knowing each other like a patch or other nondescript (to outsiders of said group) item for the group ID.

Being Vegas, if something ever happened, I believe people would

1. Leave the city totally for other areas (UT/Northern NV and like you said Mt. Charleston).
2. Those who stay would go to where there is water. Lake Meade and a few other places\springs.

Either way, when SHTF, this is not a town that I believe would be a very good place to stay to hold out. Lack of water, stupid hot summers with no AC and the attitude of the majority of the people here (me first). That IMHO, is not going to be very forgiving. More so than many other places.

I hope I'm wrong about the above paragraph.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by washingtons View Post
I understand your point but , maybe taking mine wrong. The west coast is not like the south were people really know their neighbors. Especially Vegas people come and go so they not here long enough to even get to know each other, or once you meet him they're gone.
I know exactly what you mean!!! Minding one's own business is a virtue out here. When hub's work took us to Missouri and the neighbors showed up with - no joke - pie and people to help us unload it was really hard to not go racing for the defender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJlpOjXf9s
Old 10-29-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndtguy View Post
I'm in the starting stages of prepping, so I'm way behind the curve. I'm researching many things including the HAM radio and certs for it.

I agree with the comment about those who band together should have a way of knowing each other like a patch or other nondescript (to outsiders of said group) item for the group ID.

Being Vegas, if something ever happened, I believe people would

1. Leave the city totally for other areas (UT/Northern NV and like you said Mt. Charleston).

2. Those who stay would go to where there is water. Lake Meade and a few other places\springs.

Either way, when SHTF, this is not a town that I believe would be a very good place to stay to hold out. Lack of water, stupid hot summers with no AC and the attitude of the majority of the people here (me first). That IMHO, is not going to be very forgiving. More so than many other places.

I hope I'm wrong about the above paragraph.

First off nice jeep. I have a rescue also.

I believe people would evacuate extremely quickly. Grab a map and look at where we are. There are only a couple of main ways in and out. Then think about how we have around 2M people here. If a shtf case happened it would be total chaos. I am sure there are plans in place to control the ins and out of the valley.

Mt Charleston, it island mtn, would be swarmed.

Any window to leave would be extremely small through those roads.

Learn your area. Have multiple plans, when I say multiple I mean a lot!

If you bug in then again have several plans. Short, medium and long term.

I doubt why I am saying is new. If it is...yeah...

Observe, listen and learn.