Looks like Trump IS really bad for the gun business. - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 06-15-2019, 05:57 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,466 Times in 1,636 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG42 View Post
So you accuse Trump of not doing what YOU want? Your slogan is "support 2A" but this reciprocity act is an INFRINGEMENT on state rights. Anything that has a NATIONAL in it is bad, because then someone else would change the laws much easier than one can do now.
I see Trump's policies as "steady as she goes". Every day more and more people become new gun owners, with gun laws become more relaxied in many states. More places to shoot for these new people helps to make the ownership more meaningful.
It's not an accusation. It's a fact.

"Shall not be infringed" is not something the government grants me.

By your dialogue with Israel Putnam I can see you don't understand much of that.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 01:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,925 Times in 4,207 Posts

Quote:
Of course it is: if anyone is serious about people rights he would want to abolish federal gun laws, not introduce the new ones.
I'm not a legal scholar by any means, but any Federal laws supporting the Constitution are typically enacted because some states have violated those rights for the citizens in those states. I still like the state autonomy, but when some of the more fascist states infringe on Constitutional (or God-given) rights, and the courts don't uphold the Constitution, the Federal government has a role to play to ensure those states don't infringe.

The Constitution just affirms the limitations on the federal government, but it doesn't absolve them from protecting those rights from state governments as well if the courts won't step in or make ideological stance not in accordance with the Constitution.

ROCK6
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
I'm not a legal scholar by any means, but any Federal laws supporting the Constitution are typically enacted because some states have violated those rights for the citizens in those states. I still like the state autonomy, but when some of the more fascist states infringe on Constitutional (or God-given) rights, and the courts don't uphold the Constitution, the Federal government has a role to play to ensure those states don't infringe.

The Constitution just affirms the limitations on the federal government, but it doesn't absolve them from protecting those rights from state governments as well if the courts won't step in or make ideological stance not in accordance with the Constitution.

ROCK6
In order for a law to have any meaning it must be enforced, so the courts cannot be taken out of the equation. And, right now (and forever) courts routinely disregard the law. I have first hand knowledge of people arrested, guns confiscated even though the people obeyed the law. Conversely, people violated the law and not prosecuted. And the judges in question did not opposed the law, but simply disregarded it. In some cases the judges were correct (the law is unreasonable), but the total disregard of such is troubling.
But wait, there is more: the courts are not the worst problem, even. Unelected bureaucrats are worse, and they actually control the landscape.
Here is one of thousands of examples. Some years ago the fed gov adopted the law about traveling with guns nationwide. But New Jersey State police declared they don't care and arrest anyone going thru. Nothing happened to them.
And there is more still: there are MANY ways to prosecute someone ACTUALLY using guns for self defense, whether locals or out-of-staters. I don't want to give "Them" any additional ideas (they have too many already) but would be a piece of cake to circumvent any law they don't like.
And on and on.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,186 Times in 4,918 Posts

Quote:
In order for a law to have any meaning it must be enforced, so the courts cannot be taken out of the equation. And, right now (and forever) courts routinely disregard the law. I have first hand knowledge of people arrested, guns confiscated even though the people obeyed the law. Conversely, people violated the law and not prosecuted. And the judges in question did not opposed the law, but simply disregarded it. In some cases the judges were correct (the law is unreasonable), but the total disregard of such is troubling.
But wait, there is more: the courts are not the worst problem, even. Unelected bureaucrats are worse, and they actually control the landscape.
Here is one of thousands of examples. Some years ago the fed gov adopted the law about traveling with guns nationwide. But New Jersey State police declared they don't care and arrest anyone going thru. Nothing happened to them.
And there is more still: there are MANY ways to prosecute someone ACTUALLY using guns for self defense, whether locals or out-of-staters. I don't want to give "Them" any additional ideas (they have too many already) but would be a piece of cake to circumvent any law they don't like.
And on and on.
What do you care?
According to you New Jersey has that right so why even waste bandwidth bringing it up?
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,215 Times in 574 Posts

Do not count on SCOTUS unless Ginsberg is replaced by a real conservative strict constructionist..U cannot count on Roberts
The Following User Says Thank You to fx77 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,186 Times in 4,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx77 View Post
Do not count on SCOTUS unless Ginsberg is replaced by a real conservative strict constructionist..U cannot count on Roberts
I wouldn't count on SCOTUS for anything.
Just today they kicked another baker/religious exemption case back down to the lower court instead of making another ruling based on their previous ruling in a similar case and spanking the lower court for violating the rights of the bakers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 07:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
What do you care?
According to you New Jersey has that right so why even waste bandwidth bringing it up?
Because when someone advocate a law he should consider such things as:
1. Is the law going to accomplish its stated purpose?
2. Is it the best way to accomplish such purpose?
3. Is the law going to make things worse?

And on and on.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:19 PM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,511 Times in 5,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
I wouldn't count on SCOTUS for anything.
Just today they kicked another baker/religious exemption case back down to the lower court instead of making another ruling based on their previous ruling in a similar case and spanking the lower court for violating the rights of the bakers.
Did the attorneys provide a worthwhile argument for their case? Was the case legally similar to the previous case?

I don't have ultimate faith in the court either, but they can only based their decisions on the information given to them, and the law is a very complicated thing. They can't just say, "Well this case is sorta like that other case, so we'll hear it and make the same ruling."