Ruger Precision 300 WM....5/22/19 UPDATE!!! - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me pick a 300 WM... HKDCamCain Rifle Forum 9 03-07-2018 06:36 PM
The Ruger Precision Rimfire at the 2018 SHOT Show AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 01-26-2018 10:30 PM
Review: Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR) in 308 Win, 243 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 06-22-2017 12:30 PM
Ruger Offers 5.56/.223 in Precision Rifle AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 03-30-2017 10:30 PM
Review: American Precision Arms Rifle Rings AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-03-2016 12:00 PM

Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 32,477 Times in 8,467 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp frog View Post
How's the rifle?

What ammo are you shooting?

Range? We need details man!
I recently took it out to sight in the scope. I used the 550 yard range and PPU Private Partizan, 150 gr fmj. I love that stuff! Once sighted in, shooting a 16” steel plate at 500 yards was cheating. I’m planning several days on the 1,000 range, but that won’t happen for 2 weeks. The rifle is about 19 lbs loade w/ scope and bipod. The trigger pull from the factory is set to be almost non-existent. The recoil is like sitting in the back seat of a Lincoln town car and hitting a bump in the road.....no big deal. Sorry I don’t have more. I just feel that 500 yards is to insignificant to post about Damn, now I sound like nightvisionary I’ll post more after 1,000 yard stretch.
Be well....
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Very cool! I’m excited about their new offering in 300 PRC.
What scope/bipod are you using?
I am a fan of PPU, but a 150gr fmj is an odd choice in a long range precision 300 WM. I would be looking at the 190 SMK at a minimum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rays87turbo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 02:58 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 21,566 Times in 8,137 Posts

I'm not a Ruger fan. I have one that was a gift and it still has minor issues, I fixed the major ones myself.

A buddy had bought the 30 carbine BlackHawk years back and just left it new in the box. After a cancer scare he decided it was time to shoot the pistol. Well turns out the front sight was on crooked. as in it leaned one way. He set it to them with a note. In a few months he got it back with a note saying the sight wasn't leaning - and sure enough it wasn't anymore.

My first S&W 29 was bought new. The first cylinder full of factory ammo was hard to extract. I looked and one chamber had a half round gouge where the reamer carried a chip. I sent it back with a note and a string threw the bad cylinder.

They sent me a bill saying it was a bulge in the both notch and it would be like $150 to fix it. I sent them a letter to just return the defective pistol and I would display it at every gunshow I went to from then on and let people see for themselves it was a gouge in the wall causing the issue. At the time they were owned by bangor punta marine and I told them I didn't expect it to be mickey mouse and the was the kindest thing I had to

A few days later I get a call from the director of marketing saying he just got out of a meeting where the president chewed his butt for "What did we do wrong to **** off someone so much and they would fix it for free and get it right back in the overnight mail. A few days later it came in a new box with new fancy fingered grips and has been a wonderful shooter for upwards of 50,000 full tilt loads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:

Old 07-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,324 Times in 3,811 Posts

Paul, we have rules here!

Post up a pic of that rifle.

By the way, I have Winchester 300 WM that kicks like a mule.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drobs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 32,477 Times in 8,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs View Post
Paul, we have rules here!
Post up a pic of that rifle.
By the way, I have Winchester 300 WM that kicks like a mule.
I apologize for being so negligent. This pic was taken last Sunday morning at the 550 yard range. I hope to be moving over to the 1000 yard range next week.

I've machined a great many barrels and installed muzzle brakes. I put a brake on my Remington 770/300wm and it took out ALL THE BITE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruger Precission 300wm.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	288808  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,379 Times in 5,468 Posts

SWEEET rifle there PK And S/FI! Brother
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 04:02 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,324 Times in 3,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKersey View Post
I apologize for being so negligent. This pic was taken last Sunday morning at the 550 yard range. I hope to be moving over to the 1000 yard range next week.

I've machined a great many barrels and installed muzzle brakes. I put a brake on my Remington 770/300wm and it took out ALL THE BITE.
That thing is huge! Not what I expected.
I guess a cockeyed muzzle brake on that would be a bit noticeable!
The Following User Says Thank You to drobs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 07:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,323 Posts

They used to have a spot on their web site you could click and send a message directly to their President. I used it the first time to complain about availability of a pistol and got a "go to a bigger store" answer. After I replied and asked if they were trying to put LGSs out of business, I got an answer that seemed to come from their actual President.

You might look and see if that works for you.

FYI, it ain't just Ruger. I took one of my 10/22 takedowns to a local gunsmith for barrel threading and he re-installed the front site 15 degrees off of vertical. This same guy scratched up a brand new 1911 while putting night site in the dovetail. Don't use him any more.

Gook luck!

WW

Shoot straight - stay safe
The Following User Says Thank You to wldwsel For This Useful Post: