A Not true sad story.......That NEVER Happened. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 06-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,091 Times in 4,498 Posts

Advertise Here

Look, I wasnt pointing fingers or blaming anyone, just sayin.

But you are sorta making my point about the fear thing with your last response. Its a very typical response these days too. I think the government has most people, right where they want them, whipped, controlled, and afraid to do pretty much anything.

Cant break ANY of the rules you know. Just as any 5 year old in school.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Is a great cartridge.

Thanked 5,391 Times in 1,671 Posts

It is interesting that a thread for one objective/goal/intention.......and it instantly get "Let's say redirected". I am done with this thread...
Old 06-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Survivor

OK? What? You cant ask a simple question?

Hey, whatever dude, dont get all butt hurt. Ill stay out of it.

Cool story. Sorry to get you so upset.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Is a great cartridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
OK? What? You cant ask a simple question?

Hey, whatever dude, dont get all butt hurt. Ill stay out of it.

Cool story. Sorry to get you so upset.
I started it because "HISTORY was LOST", And that never got discussed, and to a lesser degree I wanted to talk about set-guns and their application, post SHTF for meat procurement and defense.
Instead I got trapped into defending the store owns decisions made 40 years ago. I just don't kike where "Forums" have evolved into today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6.8SPC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Survivor

I was simply pointing out that there are options.

Didnt realize we werent allowed to discuss things, and maybe not lose anymore "history".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 04:55 PM
Is a great cartridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
I was simply pointing out that there are options.

Didnt realize we werent allowed to discuss things, and maybe not lose anymore "history".
No Worries.........I am just burned'out on the whole Forum concept, I don't have a problem with you, I have always appreciated you input. Truth is I am ****ed at myself........I should have walked away sooner. No problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6.8SPC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8SPC View Post
No Worries.........I am just burned'out on the whole Forum concept
Yup, I know just what you mean. I feel that way myself anymore.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:04 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 12,797 Times in 5,661 Posts

Problem on here is that there are experienced people who relate helpful info so others may learn but there are also those who feel the need to challenge that information even though their experience may be lacking.
They go by the ' If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls++t' mantra.
The Following User Says Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 59,730 Times in 19,377 Posts

Quote:
What do you do quickly with several Savage 99' that the barrel is hacksaw cut even with the handguard. Yes if you have lots of time you can remove the barrel. But do you really want to risk a front page photos of you gunstore and your mug-shot, screaming you were caught with 40'some criminal firearms. Had we known what we were bringing into the shop, we could have stopped. But once you bring 136'ish gun in the store, you now in possession. It was a bad deal, for everyone, but to my mind the big looser was the recording of true history.
for those who would like to know the legal way of resolving this hypothetocal.....

You render the firearm Incomplete/nonfunctional.

Example:

While I own several registered SBR's I am also the owner of both an UZI carbine which is NOT a SBR and a short barrel.

The key here (to legality) is that I had the barrel (got a deal and at the time planned on making it a SBR rather than buying a FA. My dumbass should of bought the FA and made bank!) Shipped to a buddies address in a different state.

To this day the carbine and the Short barrel have (and will never proceeding paperwork) be colocated at the same address.

FYI this has also been used by owners of things like Marble game getters (a 10" barreled pistol grip shotgun) so they could be either registered or rifled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 09:03 PM
Is a great cartridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
for those who would like to know the legal way of resolving this hypothetocal.....

You render the firearm Incomplete/nonfunctional.

Example:

While I own several registered SBR's I am also the owner of both an UZI carbine which is NOT a SBR and a short barrel.

The key here (to legality) is that I had the barrel (got a deal and at the time planned on making it a SBR rather than buying a FA. My dumbass should of bought the FA and made bank!) Shipped to a buddies address in a different state.

To this day the carbine and the Short barrel have (and will never proceeding paperwork) be colocated at the same address.

FYI this has also been used by owners of things like Marble game getters (a 10" barreled pistol grip shotgun) so they could be either registered or rifled.
I guess I don't fully understand.......But at this point I don't need to solve the problem from 40 years ago.

So your saying that while we had 40'ish illegal firearms in possession in the open on the counter.......that you have a story we could tell if ATF or FBI walked in at that moment......???

Or are you saying the same thing as constructive intent, or avoiding any hint of constructive intent, by magically removing the barrels, and them residing else where from the receiver.

Understand we were a retail gunstore not a machinist shop or gunsmith shop. We had no pipe wrench or vise. And they at that point belonged to a very oldman.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:26 PM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,532 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
I started it because "HISTORY was LOST", And that never got discussed, and to a lesser degree I wanted to talk about set-guns and their application, post SHTF for meat procurement and defense.
To be fair you should have said that in the OP and I do agree it's an interesting subject. Yeah, pictures would have helped a lot.

But I know for sure this is a fictional story because there's no way those guns could have ever existed without killing multiple people, probably innocent school kids.

The Following User Says Thank You to sarco2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 02:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 59,730 Times in 19,377 Posts

Quote:
I guess I don't fully understand.......But at this point I don't need to solve the problem from 40 years ago.
right. I was sharing for others reading... As if (in another hypothetocal) I inherited one of these from my great uncle.... So I would not have to destroy it, but still be legal.
(Not a game getter... forget the model for this hypothetical.)_

So your saying that while we had 40'ish illegal firearms in possession in the open on the counter.......that you have a story we could tell if ATF or FBI walked in at that moment......???
yea: "we were about to call you"
Should of stopped at one, and if they weren't logged in (as they have to be within 24 hours) you would of been good.

when I ran the shop I both kicked out people and turned a functional firearm into a parts kit for them.... Depending.
The ATF aren't all JBT, and there's precident.

Or are you saying the same thing as constructive intent, or avoiding any hint of constructive intent, by magically removing the barrels, and them residing else where from the receiver.
I'm saying that if the parts necessary to make it a functional firearm are never colocated at the same address you avoid constructive intent.

Understand we were a retail gunstore not a machinist shop or gunsmith shop. We had no pipe wrench or vise. And they at that point belonged to a very oldman.
You can render firearms nonfunctional without said tools.
Hell, dipping the end of the cut barrels in lead melted on a hot plate or camp.stove could of proven your lack of constructive intent. (Based on DEWATS I've seen over the years.) and given you time to act furter, and with forthought.

I'm NOT being critical of you for what did not happen 40 years ago. I share this so that people in the future can avoid the same hasty actions through understandable ignorance.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:36 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,987 Times in 9,092 Posts

I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to deploy stainless steel snares than some kind of gun for hunting dinner, catching people is a different story.

Back in the early 80's my dad bought a Bubba pistol conversion Winchester 1906 for cheap at a gun show. I took one half and put it in the car, a neighbor took the other half. I had a nice Remington target 22 barrel I found in a trash can that we put on. Had to get a butt stock, inner and outer magazine tube and sights. I still have it - and its a wonder shooter.

Back in the 20's dad did trap with a Taylor.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Well maybe not if he was in his mid 80's and had been living in the Alaska wilderness.

And most were in soft gun cases, so we did not know that many were illegal till they were inside the shop, and started opening them. I guess you would just had to have been there to understand.

Have a nice day "TROLL".....
There's no need for name calling.

It wouldn't matter how old the FFL dealer was, or where he lived

It's been the same law since 1934.

And you said none of it's real anyway.
I believe you.