What to do in a riot? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why a shotgun for a riot? WILL Shotgun Forum 55 01-07-2019 12:51 PM
How to Survive a Riot (or How I Survived My First Riot) TonyGa Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 04-22-2018 08:19 AM
Berkeley Riot: Dude selling delicious, salty peanuts KravMagoo General Discussion 4 09-03-2017 07:23 AM
Tulsa officer involved shooting near riot Koolhandlinc General Discussion 13 06-11-2017 01:28 PM
Liberal Meltdown and Riots - Merge Thread Cpt-Jack General Discussion 850 12-03-2016 09:36 PM

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,451 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Thats simple. You are overcome by events. Yes, it's a technical term.

While often you probably CAN avoid a riot, you could also easily be simply going about your business, turn a corner and find yourself in one and before you can reverse course your trapped.

Or perhaps you are traveling and staying at a hotel. You go to bed one night, wake up the next, and find your part of town is now in the middle of a riot.

You're driving down a road. Traffic stops. After being stuck in traffic for half an hour you suddenly see that rioters on foot moving through the area and you are engulfed.

Many many possible scenarios where you simply are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course, what you do is simple. Get out of there if possible, shelter and defend yourself if not.

Riots usually ebb and flow like a tide with the time of day. Just before dawn seems to usually be an ebb, with the peak coming just after dark and lasting through midnight.

If no obvious escape route presents, hole up somewhere until dawn and try again.

If you can get internet, or if you have a VHF radio, tune into your local police despatch channel. Its a great way to follow what is happening.

And then there is always the possibility the riot is for a cause you believe in. In that case, tool up and go to town.
I think that while on foot, your chances of all of a sudden finding yourself in a riot are 0.000%. At least thats the opinon I have after over a decade of dealing with multiple riots, protests and roadblocks on daily basis. All of a sudden walking and oh! I'm in the middle of a riot. Cant see it.
Gettin stuck in that mess in a car, yes thats more likely.
The hotel example... guess it could happen. I've been in that kidn of situation many times. you just wait it out if you can or really, just walk out and just NOT engage with anyone in any way. Unless its something like race related and they are specificaly going after you, shouldnt be a problem.