Chicago gun control - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 05-30-2019, 08:25 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,907 Times in 1,236 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlander View Post
If it's only Lake and Cook Co, how did they get a super majority in Springfield again?
The Chicago metropolitan area, or Chicagoland, is the metropolitan area that includes the city of Chicago, Illinois, and its suburbs. With an estimated CSA population of 9.9 million people and an MSA population of 9.5 million people, it is the third largest metropolitan area in the United States.
The total population of the state is only is estimated at 12.73 million.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jim in Illinois For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,214 Times in 4,810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
And I will bet that not one of the shooters in Chicago has a CCL and all who do have a job or a nice retirement. Wages in Chicago are high for those who want to work.

A quarter of a million Chicagoans didn't get CCLs. That number is for the entire state of Illinois. Outside of Chicago, gun rights are strong.
I'd love to see some stats on the shooters, if they ever catch one. Is he or she a licensed gun owner, does the gun have serial numbers that aren't ground off? And so on.

Most of this goes on in the inner cities if what I read is accurate. Like someone here said, a self-cleaning oven in effect.

In NYC, there are housing police, assigned to places like Co-op City and The Projects. Those guys' main objective is not to get holed during the course of their shift. Actual police work is pretty much an anomaly when it does occur. Nobody is going to roll over on anyone else, only in rare cases.

The Inner Cities are just that, a city within a city. They have their own set of rules they go by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 16,620 Times in 3,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
I'd love to see some stats on the shooters, if they ever catch one. Is he or she a licensed gun owner, does the gun have serial numbers that aren't ground off? And so on.

Most of this goes on in the inner cities if what I read is accurate. Like someone here said, a self-cleaning oven in effect.

In NYC, there are housing police, assigned to places like Co-op City and The Projects. Those guys' main objective is not to get holed during the course of their shift. Actual police work is pretty much an anomaly when it does occur. Nobody is going to roll over on anyone else, only in rare cases.

The Inner Cities are just that, a city within a city. They have their own set of rules they go by.
Here are the year-to-date stats for shootings and murders in Chicago. Almost all the shooting problems in Illinois occur in Chicago. The numbers are not full annual totals. They are year-to-date, so all of the past numbers ratchet up daily for comparison. Chicago appears to be very happy that the numbers are down from previous years. My point was it's most likely due to achieving a critical mass of CCLs in Chicago. That started the downward trend. There probably aren't any hard statistics to prove that one way or another. But I have lived and worked with the "brothers" in Chicago and I know they most brazen when confronting unarmed, helpless victims.

Chicago Shooting Victims

Chicago Murder Victims

Regardless of the trend, Chicago is still the murder capital if the USA when looking at total murders.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,700 Times in 5,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post

Best stats summary for Chicago.

https://heyjackass.com/

The site tracks location of the shooting, location on the body, police and self defense shootings, race, arrest rate, etc.

There seems to be something with this stat I can't quite put my finger on .

The best stats are these.

Shot in the Junk O Meter

Shot in the Ass O Meter

Glock in the waistband syndrome?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,214 Times in 4,810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
Best stats summary for Chicago.

https://heyjackass.com/

The site tracks location of the shooting, location on the body, police and self defense shootings, race, arrest rate, etc.

There seems to be something with this stat I can't quite put my finger on .

The best stats are these.

Shot in the Junk O Meter

Shot in the Ass O Meter

Glock in the waistband syndrome?
Nice going guys, one stop shopping for Chicago shooting stats. This is much worse than I would have imagined.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 06:16 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 29,017 Times in 8,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Illinois View Post
The Chicago metropolitan area, or Chicagoland, is the metropolitan area that includes the city of Chicago, Illinois, and its suburbs. With an estimated CSA population of 9.9 million people and an MSA population of 9.5 million people, it is the third largest metropolitan area in the United States.
The total population of the state is only is estimated at 12.73 million.
Chicagoland even pragmatically extends across into Wisconsin and Indiana.