Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 9mm in full FDE AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-16-2018 11:00 PM
Ruger LC9s 9mm 3.12" 7 Rd with HIVIZ Fiber Optic Sights from $319 shipped wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 01-28-2017 07:52 PM
Anderson Manufacturing AM15 Optic Ready 5.56 NATO Rifle from $429 wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 01-22-2017 08:40 AM
Anderson AM-15 Optic Ready 5.56 16" BBL - $429.99 (Free S/H on Firearms) apps47inc For Sale 0 12-25-2016 10:55 AM
ATI Omni Hybrid Maxx AR-15 5.56/223 16" M4 Barrel Optic Ready - $399 apps47inc For Sale 0 12-23-2016 04:47 PM

Old 05-14-2019, 05:14 PM
What?

Thanked 10,161 Times in 4,167 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
those look pretty nice.. and the F series slides fit right on the C series frames with no gap, you could buy a CZ P-10C and put an optics ready F slide on it and have a pretty badass combo
As long as you dont want to suppress it.

Seems to be a pretty well-known issue, that requires some break-in. The one I had did pretty much break-in, it went from being a single shot to occasional, but still somewhat regular stoppages, but still was having issues when I got rid of it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2019, 05:30 PM
Veteran 11BC2/EOD

Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
Well I have mostly 115 gr ammo stocked and never had a hiccup in function of a 92FS or P89, but you're saying the 1.2 ounce weight of an optic makes operation of a Glock with 115 gr ammo unreliable? Is this unique to Glocks? Seems awfully finicky for a gun that is supposed to be the epitome of reliable.
What Im telling you is if you add weight to a slide you should consider physics instead of the hype.

Longer barrels are better with heavier bullets, I explained it well. Don't throw the advantage of a longer barrel away shooting a lighter HP bullet.

Or do what you want, I obviously wasted my time with you
Old 05-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 10,668 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
As long as you dont want to suppress it.

Seems to be a pretty well-known issue, that requires some break-in. The one I had did pretty much break-in, it went from being a single shot to occasional, but still somewhat regular stoppages, but still was having issues when I got rid of it.
I passed on a CZP10 for just that reason this past weekend and went with another Canik instead.

Iím starting to stock up on suppressor ready handguns for when mine gets out of ATF jail.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Awesome

Thanked 21,887 Times in 7,289 Posts

i really would like to have one suppressor and optics ready pistol
Old 05-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 5,986 Times in 2,102 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?source...31.LpMM8N4Clck
Add the Trijicon RMR and you're done. It'll accept the "happy sticks" too
Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,600 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLA View Post
What Im telling you is if you add weight to a slide you should consider physics instead of the hype.

Longer barrels are better with heavier bullets, I explained it well. Don't throw the advantage of a longer barrel away shooting a lighter HP bullet.

Or do what you want, I obviously wasted my time with you
And what I'm telling you is any full-size 9mm handgun I own, or have owned, or have ever seen, even a cheapo Taurus, have all worked well with cheap, $8 a box 115 gr FMJ ammo, most even ran well with < 100 gr HP ammo!

Forget velocity, HP expansion, bullet performance, etc. for a minute. If the gun won't run reliably with any 115 gr factory ammo I don't want it.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Veteran 11BC2/EOD

Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,021 Posts

This is exactly why I don't post on this site much anymore
Old 05-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLA View Post
This is exactly why I don't post on this site much anymore
To be fair, you really didnít explain it well to someone who is new to the whole thing.

Your post was kind of hard for me to follow and Iím not inexperienced in running microdots on autoloaders.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
I passed on a CZP10 for just that reason this past weekend and went with another Canik instead.

Iím starting to stock up on suppressor ready handguns for when mine gets out of ATF jail.
The Canik is interesting to me. Do you have any trouble with reliability with a red dot optic mounted and firing 115 gr std velocity/pressure ammo?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
The Canik is interesting to me. Do you have any trouble with reliability with a red dot optic mounted and firing 115 gr std velocity/pressure ammo?
The TP9SFX has a ported slide,
IMO this reduction in weight negates the weight of the optic (the Vortex it comes with).

I currently have 2 Caniks here at the house, another on loan to my brother and I sold my first one which was a TP9SA.
All were "broken in" using 124gr Nato spec rounds and after that I've used a mix of 124's and 115's including cheap crappy steel cased junk.

The only problem I've had is with my thumb hitting the slide lock.
No ammo malfunctions.

My buddy has the same gun and he's running a Leupold on his and I know he buys the cheapest crap he can find for his and as far as I know he doesn't have any problems.

The trigger on these is amazing.
Yes really.
Compared to any other striker fired handgun I've ever shot it has by far the best out of the box trigger.
I know they did some sort of upgrade, severe duty something or the other and people have said it increases weight to 5+lbs.
Supposedly you can swap in a Glock safety plunger spring to lighten it back up.
Reset is very short, like less than a quarter of an inch short.

Accuracy is better than I can shoot.
Using my buddies ransom rest the SFX will make one hole easily.

Now, here's the rub with these things:
They have a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.
They are imported by Century.
I would not count on long term parts or repair support just because of the Century connection.
The plastic feels "plasticky".
Not a huge choice of holsters out there and the one that comes with them is kinda crappy. You'll be looking for a sort of universal one or might find a handmade kydex type somewhere.

I have multiple Caniks, I have more than one gunsmith as a close friend, I own dozens of handguns, all this equals me knowing I could end up with a busted gun someday that I may have to have a part made for or that may render it scrap.
That's a choice I'm OK with considering the other qualities of these pistols.

If someone were buying their first handgun or only planned on owning one handgun I would never recommend one just due to the possible parts issues that could happen.
But if someone has other guns to fall back on or is OK with there potentially being an issue with a repair or parts then by all means yes I'd say try one out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,226 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote:
i just realized this thing existed a few days ago.. for less than the price of an overrated 1911.. yeah, added right to the top of "to buy" list... its the walther Q5, but with a steel frame

Those are ridiculously accurate. Bill Blowers has been posting up 100 10x B8's (from 25 yards) he's shooting with his. Of course a large part of that is being an excellent shooter, but 10x from a "stock" gun is insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed70 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Hunter

The ammo weight "rules" PLA posted are a fairly good recommendation. You will have the occasional outlier, but those numbers are a good metric across multiple samples. They are based on "stock" parts. My Roland Special has not hiccupped under regular conditions with anything from 115 to 147 gr, running a stock RSA, but that is a relative rarity, based on a fairly large sample size. Using 115gr, it gets cranky if it starts to get dry, or extremely dirty. With 147gr, it takes a combo of extreme filth, dryness, and limp-wristing to get it to have issues.

For the most part, a lot of folks are having to experiment with different RSAs to get consistency with the lighter ammo, particularly when running a comp.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Hunter

Quote:
yeah, still cheaper than most your designer 1911s though which are really no better than a cheap RIA.. for the price, id rather have that over a dan wesson or a les baer

the polymer versions only about $650 though

the CZ P10F optics ready i think will be about $500 or so
I'm no 1911 fanboy, but there is no comparison between a true designer 1911 and a RIA. Not in any metric.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
If someone were buying their first handgun or only planned on owning one handgun I would never recommend one just due to the possible parts issues that could happen.
But if someone has other guns to fall back on or is OK with there potentially being an issue with a repair or parts then by all means yes I'd say try one out.
I truly appreciate the thorough response. Thank you.

Sometimes I buy a gun to play with knowing it isn't likely a hand-me-down to generations gun. And there are no true long-term guarantees no matter what gun you buy or from what manufacturer, just better odds in some cases.

But this one I'd like my son and grandson to both be able to inherit. Maybe the Walther polymer Q5 -- I can't afford the steel one and they are so back ordered it ain't funny anyway. It too has a ported slide -- would like to know how finicky or not (ammo wise) it might be.

Also, I wonder, are polymer pistols likely to have their polymers degrade significantly over decades with exposure to gun oils, cleaners, etc?