Storing shotgun action open - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Shotgun Forum Mossberg, Winchester, Remington, Benelli....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Keltec (not quite ready for Combat) KSG Shotgun Indra Shotgun Forum 6 10-28-2017 01:33 PM
Winchester SXP Black Shadow 12ga Pump Action Shotgun (USED) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 06-02-2017 04:13 PM
MagTech 45F Cowboy Action .45 LC 200GR LFN 50RD BOX Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-17-2017 12:20 PM
Ithica 37 Featherlight 16ga Pump Action Shotgun (USED) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-16-2017 12:26 PM

Old 05-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 41,215 Times in 9,756 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Sorry, I thought that "or already fatigued" was a restrictive modifier and therefore no comma was proper.

I sincerely apologize for my uncouth behavior.

It's no biggy...

You are forgiven

Now if you'd misspelled something, that would have called for 50 push-ups....LOL
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,196 Times in 3,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Not in Canada.

I keep loaded gun in the house. Longguns have chambers empty but full magazines. Each requires full motion racking of the action/bolt.

I do have one 12 guage stored as I described. Only requires moving the bolt forward to chamber the shell. I'm going to inspect in 6 months, then 12 months, etc. to see if there's any accumulation of debris to prevent chambering. But overall, I'm thinking it's a pretty good way to + capacity in a stored pump gun, while eliminating any potential for AD, and reducing the complexity by removing 1/2 of the motion to load it.
Reason I was asking is I tried a similar thing with an AK pistol. ( This particular AK sports a notch in the safety selector switch that holds the bolt open. Smack the safety down to fire and bolt goes into battery at the same time)

In this case, debris accumulation is possible , as it is stored in a bag for a more portable purpose.
Fire would not be a likely factor in this case, and an AD/ ND near impossible.

Even though the same motions are required, I dropped the idea in favor of chambered rd with safety on.Primary reason = less noise.

11B
Old 10-31-2019, 05:28 AM

Very good video like his system.