Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NJ: Possession of "High Capacity Mags" 4th degree Felony hoplite59 General Discussion 146 12-30-2018 07:48 AM
What were the first survival forums? sixtus General Discussion 28 02-18-2018 11:43 AM
SB Search Mission from God. 9111315 General Discussion 5 12-12-2017 09:34 PM
Customizing forums by the individual user - possible? Bellyman Site Information & Suggestion Box 3 01-25-2017 01:06 PM

Old 12-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Stop YOLOing

Thanked 7,387 Times in 2,067 Posts
Default Convenient Way to Search the Forums

Advertise Here

It's cumbersome to check every subforum so I like to use the New Posts function, but that brings up a lot of stuff I don't want to see. Rather than spending time filtering through these threads every time I come here, I created a bookmark that searches for New Posts but it excludes the forums I don't want to see. Here's how:

Create a bookmark.

Go to the bookmark's "properties," which is usually done by right-clicking on it and clicking properties, or going to your browser's version of Favorites or Bookmarks manager.

Paste this link into the bookmark's URL: https://www.survivalistboards.com/se...12,113,116,138
Since it truncates the link, here's the important part: search.php?do=getnew&exclude=3,6,8,39,54,76,112,11 3,116,138

Each number represents a subforum you'd like to exclude from your New Posts search. You can tailor your searches by changing these numbers in your bookmark.

To find the number associated with a subforum, just hover over the subforum's link on the webpage and look at the URL displayed at the bottom, or click on the link and look at the URL bar at the top.

The forums I have excluded in the link above are:
3 = General Discussion (non-survival stuff)
6 = Political News and Discussion
8 = Religious Discussion
39 = New Member Introduction
54 = Ladies section (so I don't accidentally post there and get an infraction)
76 = Videos on Religion
112 = Controversial News and Alternative Politics
113 = Devotional and Prayer
116 = The Dark Side
138 = AllOutdoor.com

That's it. Now I just click on my SB bookmark and it displays a list of threads that I'm most likely to be interested in, and I don't have to spend so much time sifting through things I have no interest in.

Hope this helps somebody.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 06:59 PM
straight shooter

Thanked 5,292 Times in 1,646 Posts

Since you posted this in General Discussion and also excluded it in your searches, I can safely troll this thread cuz you won't be reading it!
The Following User Says Thank You to OKCorral For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Stop YOLOing

Thanked 7,387 Times in 2,067 Posts

Nope! I always check my User CP first b/c it displays all the threads I'm following, which includes every one I post in. Then I do my New Posts search. Every now and then, I scroll through the General sub to see what I've missed...but there's a reason I don't include it in the search.