An incredible wilderness compound... that the bank can't get rid of! - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 1101 12-24-2018 08:53 PM
STRAITS RED chapters 27-28 NW GUY Books, Movies & Stories 1 04-29-2018 12:57 PM
A couple of questions about the battery bank I've built... hlsjunk DIY - Do It Yourself 32 01-07-2017 09:58 PM

Old 11-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,229 Times in 667 Posts

Advertise Here

In my area that would be a 300k-400k property. Even if it didnt have electricity.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 8,210 Times in 3,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJ_51 View Post
...Bah, didn't end up having the time on That 'run' to scoot up to the place, but.. Do have other (gawd.. can't believe I'm sayin this..) X-countries w/in the next 3-4 months (been 5x, clear-across the US.. CA > NY > 'Southern states', ie: PA, GA, (Naples, FL, being the furthest jaunt..) etc, then Aaaaaall the way back Home..since Last Dec, and, No, Not a 'professional trucker'.. It just worked out that for the Projects / timing / Flight-costs, etc, that Driving (vs Air / shipping..) worked out better...

..And, actually, I've always enjoyed the Drive / seeing the Country again, and all.. just not so much the 'shotgun version' (ie: 2 weeks ago, drove CA > Houston - left Friday, 2pm, and we were Back home, on Tues am... Had to break out the Jack Daniels after That one..

...Anyhoo, Will get up there, at some point.. Hope it's still 'there' to check out.. Would Love to GTHO of here (though we'd be Loathe to abandon our Awesome 'BOL' land, way-up NorCal.. So beautiful / quite defensible / solid Natural Spring / plenty of Rain / snow, etc.. Great location, but.. If we end up 'stuck in the muck', down here, well.. Doesn't do us much good, so..

..As the saying goes 'Sometimes "Good Luck" is just knowing when to Jump'... ain't That the Truth.. *sigh* Congrats on yer guys 'Imminent Exodus'..

jd
The problem with any location in CA is that (no matter how good it is for after shtf) UNTIL the shtf you are still stuck living under the libtard rules of this State. With the possibility of ending up a felon or incarcerated due to those rules.

Our place in 29 was an otherwise great place to live but we just won't live the rest of our lives wondering when the axe will fall.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettny View Post
In my area that would be a 300k-400k property. Even if it didnt have electricity.
Up in NY you mean? Even there it's about location. During my searches I found a house on acreage in Up State NY (real near the Canada border) that was in the same price range as the OP's property.

Great property but immediately crossed it off the list as we were NOT going to move to another libtard controlled state.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,348 Times in 960 Posts

Is this property still for sale? I need more info to go on Zillow. Been looking, Michigan is one of several places. I have maintained a long driveway, not that long but, have a good idea what it entails. I live in a snowbelt, feet of snow at one time is not uncommon. Bigger place than I really want and would need a barn. But, there are other pluses to it.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
Is this property still for sale? I need more info to go on Zillow. Been looking, Michigan is one of several places. I have maintained a long driveway, not that long but, have a good idea what it entails. I live in a snowbelt, feet of snow at one time is not uncommon. Bigger place than I really want and would need a barn. But, there are other pluses to it.
Click on the link in the OP. It comes up as still on the market.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:43 PM
SoJer

Thanked 2,423 Times in 803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
The problem with any location in CA is...
Indeed.. Even IF the pipe dream of getting the 'State of Jefferson' to Happen - Could - that would Still, in all likelyhood, just be a 'time delay fuse'... Then again, I don't believe it's debatable, anymore, that the Same can't be said for Anywhere in this 'US of Rome', anymore, eh? ..but, the NWO Cartel can go themselves, we'll Fight to the Last Drop.. whereEver we are...

Quote:
...Our place in 29 was an otherwise great place...but we just won't live the rest of our lives wondering..
Indeed, and if my Co. Biz / finances weren't still a 'ball and chain' (..which is 'Movable', just arduously slower than one might want..) we'd likely already Be Gone, but.. We progress, as-able, but at least - when - (not If..) this Powderkeg goes off down here, at Least we've got a place To Go (that we can show Title to, and Prop-taxes are Paid-up for 5 yrs..) and we can be Totally loaded (1.5 Yr-Stock-Pack) inside 2 hrs, with a 'Bare Bones Load' (6 mo's of Everything) and Shelter / Stoves / Fuels, etc, in 45 mins, everythings Already packed in 'Pelicans' / crates, etc.. so.. SOME reasonable chance...

..But that, of course, is all predicated on Getting Out - while the 'fuse is yet lit' (but has Not yet reached the Powder) - And we Know that's a pretty Tall order...

..Will have to see.. If it's just a 'bad quake' / fire, etc, we'll likely Defense, in-place.. Do have 'multi-layered' / flexible Plans, etc, but.. When it's All Out SHTF / Zommie-wars, well.. we best be gettin on the Road, Maw...

jd

PS - Lettuce know if ya decide you need any 'Ranch hands'... Still a helluva Shot, and Medic / Carpentry / FlyFishing-skills sharp as ever..
The Following User Says Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,348 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Click on the link in the OP. It comes up as still on the market.
Thanks, after reading the whole thread I forgot the link was there.

Very poor job of pictures, bounces between the house and cabin, no order and repeats of some. No pictures of other areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJ_51 View Post
Indeed.. Even IF the pipe dream of getting the 'State of Jefferson' to Happen - Could - that would Still, in all likelyhood, just be a 'time delay fuse'... Then again, I don't believe it's debatable, anymore, that the Same can't be said for Anywhere in this 'US of Rome', anymore, eh? ..but, the NWO Cartel can go themselves, we'll Fight to the Last Drop.. whereEver we are...

Indeed, and if my Co. Biz / finances weren't still a 'ball and chain' (..which is 'Movable', just arduously slower than one might want..) we'd likely already Be Gone, but.. We progress, as-able, but at least - when - (not If..) this Powderkeg goes off down here, at Least we've got a place To Go (that we can show Title to, and Prop-taxes are Paid-up for 5 yrs..) and we can be Totally loaded (1.5 Yr-Stock-Pack) inside 2 hrs, with a 'Bare Bones Load' (6 mo's of Everything) and Shelter / Stoves / Fuels, etc, in 45 mins, everythings Already packed in 'Pelicans' / crates, etc.. so.. SOME reasonable chance...

..But that, of course, is all predicated on Getting Out - while the 'fuse is yet lit' (but has Not yet reached the Powder) - And we Know that's a pretty Tall order...

..Will have to see.. If it's just a 'bad quake' / fire, etc, we'll likely Defense, in-place.. Do have 'multi-layered' / flexible Plans, etc, but.. When it's All Out SHTF / Zommie-wars, well.. we best be gettin on the Road, Maw...

jd

PS - Lettuce know if ya decide you need any 'Ranch hands'... Still a helluva Shot, and Medic / Carpentry / FlyFishing-skills sharp as ever..
Oh I am well aware of how hard it can be extricate yourself...going on 4yrs since I retired and over a year since we bought our place in AZ and we are still not fully out of CA yet.

As to your PS, given the right set of circumstances an opening might come up. LOL
Old 11-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
Thanks, after reading the whole thread I forgot the link was there.

Very poor job of pictures, bounces between the house and cabin, no order and repeats of some. No pictures of other areas.
Try using the MLS or even just the address in a google search to find the listing on other realtor sites.

Don't take the location on the map they give in a listing as gospel either. One thing I found during our multi-year search is that locations in listings can often be WAY off.

On edit: For exact location use the APN and look it up on the appropriate County Tax Assessor's site.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Semper Fi

So has anybody put in an offer on the place yet?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,966 Times in 1,396 Posts

Quote:
So has anybody put in an offer on the place yet?
Probably not. Without looking at a Google map just going by Hubbard Lake while being in a great retirement area and that lake being awesome for fishing you are still in-between the three towns in that area that have any work, and those towns and fairly stagnant even in this economy.

Most people looking to move into that area are going about 60 miles to the west to Gaylord which has been growing fast for several years or now to Grayling which has been booming and added several good paying jobs the last few years with more still scheduled to come in. As an example of how much Grayling is booming one of my friends got a job at a new mill there and wanted to move closer to work, so he checked out a house about 15 miles away in jackpines which is undesirable since they burn and fires run through them. He viewed it the day it came on the market and asking price was 70k. Knowing it would be hot he bid 69k. Realtor called him two days later. Had shown the house 6 times and winning bid was 90k.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawami II View Post
Probably not. Without looking at a Google map just going by Hubbard Lake while being in a great retirement area and that lake being awesome for fishing you are still in-between the three towns in that area that have any work, and those towns and fairly stagnant even in this economy.

Most people looking to move into that area are going about 60 miles to the west to Gaylord which has been growing fast for several years or now to Grayling which has been booming and added several good paying jobs the last few years with more still scheduled to come in. As an example of how much Grayling is booming one of my friends got a job at a new mill there and wanted to move closer to work, so he checked out a house about 15 miles away in jackpines which is undesirable since they burn and fires run through them. He viewed it the day it came on the market and asking price was 70k. Knowing it would be hot he bid 69k. Realtor called him two days later. Had shown the house 6 times and winning bid was 90k.
As the thread made plain the property would be much more suited to someone that is retired or can work from home, so the job situation isn't the be-all-end-all.

For example we are retired and thus were able to move to a place that is great, except for finding work.