Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North Dakota Pipeline Protests Altarboy General Discussion 395 03-08-2017 09:42 PM
SHOT Show Report, Day 3 gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 01-20-2017 02:56 AM
SHOT Show Report, Day 1 gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 01-18-2017 11:01 AM
Weekends and holidays after TEOTWAWKI MattB4 General Discussion 64 11-03-2016 11:23 AM

Old 12-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 35,015 Times in 9,798 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcygnet View Post
Huh. Bobcat's that high again? They're everywhere around here. Arizona's trapping laws are a PITA but I know quite a few people who go after them with a .22 and an electronic caller and get furs that way.

I have a low-level hatred of bobcats and wouldn't be averse to thinning out the local population a bit with some added financial incentive. I have a few bobcat stories when it comes to bobcats and goats, and bobcats and dogs.

Need to see about getting a rabies vaccination for myself before doing that, though, just to cover my bases. We're having a rabies outbreak here. Hrmmmm.
Bobcat are one of the few predators you can consistently catch in cage traps. They will enter tall, narrow cages, thinking it will protect them from larger predators like coyotes.

Top prices paid for prime cats, with large spotted bellies, have reached $1,000 at fur auctions over the last three years.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2017, 11:45 PM

Update. Thank you all for the tips! I'm planning a five day trip a little closer to home following the holidays, to test out gear (especially tarp hot tent) and everything else. The weather forecast where I plan on trapping is looking colder by the day, already subzero nights. I've made the following adjustments to my trip plan:
-Will drive myself, instead of getting dropped off. That way I can hike out if I need to.
-Shortened trip from 1 month to 2 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to a bear named smokey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 01:04 AM
trapper

Thanked 9,075 Times in 1,411 Posts
Default Winter Trapping Camp (30 day)

Good idea. It sounds fun but when the rubber meets the road the suck factor starts and youíll find out how much work is involved. Iím not trying to discourage you. Just want to make sure you know what your getting into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bear named smokey View Post
Update. Thank you all for the tips! I'm planning a five day trip a little closer to home following the holidays, to test out gear (especially tarp hot tent) and everything else. The weather forecast where I plan on trapping is looking colder by the day, already subzero nights. I've made the following adjustments to my trip plan:
-Will drive myself, instead of getting dropped off. That way I can hike out if I need to.
-Shortened trip from 1 month to 2 weeks.
On your 5 day trip document as much as you can and take lots of photos, I, for one, would like to hear all about it including what worked well, and what didn't works so well.
The Following User Says Thank You to lasers For This Useful Post: