Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
survival kits exodus125 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 33 04-17-2017 05:39 PM
Galls New Survival Kits Blue Jay Reviews and questions 12 12-03-2014 11:25 PM
Survival kits longrangehunter Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 09-11-2013 11:07 PM
Survival kits for an Earthquake iprepare143 Manmade and Natural Disasters 17 03-15-2011 07:11 PM
survival kits brent16 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 10 06-27-2010 08:39 AM
survival kits joseph m kovach Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 05-06-2010 11:43 PM
Pocket Survival Kits Westfalia Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 01-04-2010 03:53 PM
Retail survival kits tacticalmedic87 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 20 08-17-2009 02:09 PM
Survival Kits JJLouis Urban Survival 13 03-26-2009 09:28 PM
Survival Fishing Kits zodiac Boating and Fishing 2 05-04-2008 10:07 PM

Old 01-03-2017, 06:43 AM

Advertise Here

Be careful, the US Government has new laws in action to crack down on individuals carrying drugs on their person or in their pack without a valid prescription for prescription based drugs.

If you have a valid prescription, ask your pharmacy for a travel script. They give you the label of your prescription on a small, foldable piece of paper to show law enforcement if you are stopped.

It's a well known fact that commodities like the $1 generic drug bins a wollyworld will be an excellent source of barter/currency during a SHTF event.

Tylenol, IB Profen, Excedrin (with caffiene), Fish Antibiotics (from Amazon), Amodium AD, Zantac 150 or Nexium OTC (a level teaspoon of baking soda to 6 oz of clean water, stirred up and consumed during an acid attack will neutralize the acid attack; I was born with acid reflux which give frequent heart burn forever), Extra Strength Neosporin with Lidocaine, Small 2 oz spray bottle with Bactine First Aid Antiseptic with 2.5% Lidocaine, a Multivitamin (in this case, a prenatal multivitamin will work better) (after I had a gastric bypass two years ago, my doctor had me take a prenatal vitamin with iron to build back up a lot of depleted vitamin reserves; odds are, your diet during this time in your life won't be as good as it is now; take advantage of prenatal vitamin with iron), B Vitamins (like a B 50 or B 100 will help keep you focused and provide good mental health), Vitamin C (having a strong immune system is very important; 1000 mg - 3000 mg of Vitamin C daily will increase your immune system and keep you in good condition), prescription pain killers are a plus (obtaining through means of Mexico can be a little extreme; a small, tolerable home accident like a cut hand (using a sterile blade so you don't actually get infected; I carve handmade slingshots at home and have knife accidents from time to time) and a good bit of complaining/faking of pain at urgent care will get you prescription antibiotics and pain killers; Do your research and tell the urgent care doctor the painkillers/antibiotics that your are allergic to - preferably the weak ones so you will have stronger ones to add to your first aid kit), antibacterial soap, antifungal cream, zinc oxide (aka Destin diaper rash cream for chaffing), hydrocortisone cream with aloe (for poison ivy/oak outbreaks), Band Aid Sport Strip bandaids (they won't fall off if you get them wet), Morton Epson Salt lotion (provides same pain relief as an Epson Salt bath except without the bath; Epson Salt contains magnesium which soothes sore muscles and sprained joints), Zophran (prescription 8-hour anti-nasua that dissolves quickly under your tongue; can be prescribed from your regular doctor; tell him/her you get nasua a lot for some reason you researched previously; emergency rooms issue Zophran to patients that are suffering from nasua/vomiting), Salt Block deodorant (unscented; travel size as big as your pinky; wet salt block each time before applying), Mucinex DM (helps you cough up the big stuff and silence all the little coughs for 12 hour intervals), Alergy meds (like generic loratadine which is a non drowsy 24 hour allergy med), Chloraseptic cough drops (includes 15% benzocaine which soothes all sore throats), sugar packets (for low blood sugar), nitrile gloves (at least 4 pairs), small curved sewing needle and silk thread and medical forceps/pliers (from wollyworld for suturing wounds; suturing wounds with the use of forceps is extreme painful; watch several youtube videos online to learn how to suture a wound; I carry an sterile auto suture that comes preloaded with staples to easily close a wound with having to sew myself up; however, smaller wounds like on your fingers, face or vital organs will require needle and thread; icing the wound with ice or cold compress will numb the wound for suturing purposes; if there is a deep stream/pond nearby use the moving water at the bottom of the stream; moving water stays the same temperature year round), non stick gauze pads (don't risk a gauze pad becoming part of the newly formed scab and then you accidentally tear it off when changing old bandages for new ones), eye wash cups and sterile saline (it's not fun being in the wilderness with a foreign object stuck in your eye, dual sided mirror (regular and magified), zip ties (makes a good tourniquet and can help hold bandages on), mylar emergency blankets, 7 feet of surgical tubing (also can be used when making a solar still for clean water), Tweezers; Scalpel (with extra blades; unless you plan on boiling/sanitizing your own surgical supplies), Clove Oil and Q-Tips for tooth aches (Kanka with 20% benzocaine next to the denture supplies at wollyworld is a lifesaver for tooth aches and mouth abrasions and gum boils), steri-strips (for wound closure that doesn't require suturing), sting relief swabs (for bee stings), Benidrill (for allergic reactions including stings, pollen and food alergies), stool softener (like Miralax or Colace; constipation can be painful), Phenylephrine 10mg tabs (non drowsy nasal decongestant), Sleep Aid (like Melatonin 5mg dissolving tabs; correct amount of sleep is important; certain stress factors can cause you to be restless), Bandage Scissors (sharp and rust resistant), Petroleum Jelly (apply generous amount on split heels under socks while you sleep; other uses include lip balm, lotion, fire starter, etc), Lactase dairy relief tabs, any baby meds if you have children, unlubricated condoms (sex can be common in an event between spouses/friends; pregnancy and STDs are not something you want to deal with during this time period; condoms have several survival uses as well).

You may not need everything on this list. It's good to carry what you can.

Rule Number One: NEVER TELL ANYONE ABOUT YOUR SUPPLIES AND WHAT SUPPLIES YOU CURRENTLY CARRY!

People get desperate and don't act like normal people during SHTF level events. Even family members will betray you to save their own and/or their loved ones skins.

If you need a medical item, always ask others first so they don't get the impression that you are a walking pharmacy and/or a walking supply house.

Don't mention anything about your water cleaning methods, food supplies, ammo reserves, weapon cashes, tool supplies or any other gear that you yourself couldn't do without.

Also, never put all your supplies in that same places. If you get robbed, you will lose everything.

Play dumb and be a sheep during these situations (or rather a sheep with a secret agenda).

You can tell family and friends the basics: that you belive without a shadow of a doubt that the water out of the tap is completely safe to drink because the government says so, that you go to the hospital when you are sick, that you always follow the rules, that the government always does the right thing for its citizens, that you don't believe in stocking up on food and water because it's wasteful and their are starving kids in China that need it more, that you believe in gun control and only the military, law enforcement and foreign invading countries should have guns,... (lol)

It's a mindset. You literally lead two lives and you train your family to do the same. I know it sounds like paranoia, but you would be in this forum if you didn't believe otherwise.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2017, 06:52 AM

Why grow drugs or risk getting caught buying them in other countries.

It's easier to use BitCoin to purchase any drug/antibiotic on the Alphabay through the Darknet using TOR and have the anonymous package delivered discretely to your doorstep.

If the post office asks you to physically come up to the post office to sign for a package, just don't go sign for it. The package will be returned to sender.

Packages get sent to the wrong address everyday.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:49 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,102 Times in 20,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper2221 View Post
sorry but what is the otoh acronym? My brain isn't working
On the other hand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,102 Times in 20,547 Posts

I would like to see Woody Harrelson's bugout bag.

probably 50 lbs of weed. And a lighter. Also the bag would be made of hemp.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,721 Posts

Here is a good opportunity to have a serious chat with your primary care provider.

You want at least a 90-day supply of any prescription meds you take daily. Keep the scrip with the meds so that LEOs know they are Rx from your doctor.

For emergency use your primary care can prescribe a limited supply of pain meds to tone down an abscessed tooth or an injury for several days until you can get to Urgent Care or a doctor. DISCUSS with your primary care combined use of OTC NSAIDs and Tylenol together, yes, this works, but cautions and max. dosages must be observed!

You want enough of a broad spectrum antibiotic to knock down a gastro-intestinal bug or contaminated wound until you can get help.

Get a dermal stapler, learn how to install drains in semi-open wounds, mix Dakins solution, http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-62...lution/details
https://ceufast.com/course/wound-ser...chronic-wounds

and keep sterile wash bottles for saline and Dakins to irrigate open wounds to clean and redress at least daily.

If you are not having frank discussions with your primary care provider you are cheating yourself.

If you are wary of doing so for Big Brother reasons you need to find another doctor.

GOOD REFERENCES:

url]https://www.merckmanuals.com/home[/url]
http://www.operationalmedicine.org/T...icineChest.htm
http://www.me.ngb.army.mil/units/rti...ion_C_ALMS.pdf
http://www.nh-tems.com/documents/Man...l_Handbook.pdf
http://www.tpub.com/content/armymedical/MD0554/
http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/ddl/tcmccagenda.asp
http://www.nh-tems.com/documents/Man...l_Handbook.pdf
http://www.aussurvivalist.com/downlo...0Final%202.pdf
http://jsoupublic.socom.mil/publicat...som_2001-2.php
http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download_wtnd.php
http://www.healthwrights.org/books/W...tistonline.htm
http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/milmed/ships.pdf
http://www.mcga.gov.uk/c4mca/mcga07-...ical_guide.htm
http://www.ebook3000.com/Wounds-and-...on_177840.html
Old 01-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 9,002 Times in 2,680 Posts

If I have to cut my own arm off in the wilderness I don't give a **** if they prosecute me for having used some strong pain meds while at it. The least of my problems. I say put what you might actually need, and what will actually work. Acetaminophen is useless for pain and Ibuprofen nearly so until you get into the upper mgs. and that's hard on your kidneys.

The possibilities of a broken leg does not prompt me to put snoopy bandaids in my med kit and the possibilities of severe pain does not prompt me to put silly pills in there. When we get back to proper medical help and I tell them I used an amp of morphine on that person with the shattered thigh, if they want to prosecute I'll take it.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,792 Times in 3,503 Posts

If Uncle Sam decides to snoop in your backpack for contraband, I suspect you did something pretty unusual to attract attention.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:43 PM

Cannabis LOL Although I don't know about Utah in that case.

Look up online all the different herbs that are legal and see what might work best.

Valerian root as an example is similar to Valium, it is legal. More of a relaxer than a pain killer. It's about $8 for a bottle of those you could put some in there.

For cutting your arm off or something your body probably goes into shock at a certain point and you don't feel it. Also God can help in these types of events for those that are born again.

Also, there are some drugs for pets that don't require a prescription, that are the same as for people like antibiotics, see if there is any pet pain killers that people can take, you can buy online with no prescription, I bought the antibiotics before (for pet fish), it's the same as for people.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabiscuredcancer View Post
Cannabis LOL Although I don't know about Utah in that case.

Look up online all the different herbs that are legal and see what might work best.

Valerian root as an example is similar to Valium, it is legal. More of a relaxer than a pain killer. It's about $8 for a bottle of those you could put some in there.

For cutting your arm off or something your body probably goes into shock at a certain point and you don't feel it. Also God can help in these types of events for those that are born again.

Also, there are some drugs for pets that don't require a prescription, that are the same as for people like antibiotics, see if there is any pet pain killers that people can take, you can buy online with no prescription, I bought the antibiotics before (for pet fish), it's the same as for people.
No, one has to have prescription for painkillers for ones pet too
Old 01-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,169 Times in 465 Posts

I don't see why the act of having drugs in your B.O.B would be a bad thing.

Does it hurt anybody who is not a willing participant in your decision?

On a different subject:
Are you responsible with when/where/why/who you would administer the drug?

You are in control of whether the drug has positive effects or negative effects. If you are a good person, then you will be apt to implement the drugs in a positive/constructive way. If you are a bad person, then you will be destructive with or without the drugs. So you might as well bring them.
The Following User Says Thank You to TacticalFarmer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2017, 12:57 AM

i travel a lot internationally so i keep lots of stomach meds in case of food poisoning....strong instant antacids, imodiums, ibuprofen, paracetamols, benadryl.

there are some other painkillers i have tried for muscle soreness and toothaches but cant seem to recollect names.

i keep modafinil also..it is a nootropic that can keep u awake for 12 hours in extreme situations.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomodoDragon View Post
Why grow drugs or risk getting caught buying them in other countries.

It's easier to use BitCoin to purchase any drug/antibiotic on the Alphabay through the Darknet using TOR and have the anonymous package delivered discretely to your doorstep.

If the post office asks you to physically come up to the post office to sign for a package, just don't go sign for it. The package will be returned to sender.

Packages get sent to the wrong address everyday.
ill just go out on a limb here, and speculate, and or speak for myself too, but id say the majority of people me included would have no idea how to start using bit coin , and tor whatever tor is
Old 01-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Survivor

If the situation is extreme I'll have no problem staying awake. It's called adrenaline. Staying awake when the situation isn't extreme is what is difficult. Modafinil (Provigil) is a schedule 4 drug and needs a prescription.

I had a script for Ritalin (Adderall - schedule 3) for a while for my ADHD but I hated how jittery it made me feel so I never renewed it. I understand the 2 drugs operate in somewhat different ways, with the modafinil lending a bit more ability to be watchful while the Ritalin enhances cognition a bit better. Both are used illegally by students and businessmen for a bit of a brain boost.

IIRC, both have been given to troops experimentally to keep them active for days on end. There's a serious penalty to be paid when you come down. I don't go to war when I hike and backpack and so don't have much use for any variety of speed.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Survivor

Having drugs you know how to use - in the appropriate quantities for how long you might have to use them - is a good thing.

Not knowing how and when to use them isn't just stupid, it is dangerous. This includes animal antibiotics and most pain killers.

Unless you have some medical background, the latter is far more likely than the former.