Another tool for suvival - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why You Need a Cat?s Paw Prying Tool AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 1 05-18-2017 12:52 PM
Midwest Industries AR-15 A2 Sight Tool Wrench Black MI-A2ST Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-03-2017 03:07 PM
USGI E Tool Cover with ALICE Clips Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 04-14-2017 08:54 AM
FS: Pioneer Tool Trailer - US Military - $1350. AllRightHauling New Jersey 0 12-04-2016 01:38 PM
Pioneer Tool Trailer - US Military - New Jersey - $1350. AllRightHauling Looking for - want to buy 0 12-04-2016 01:35 PM

Old 06-20-2017, 08:34 AM
wanderin' roun somewhars

Default Another tool for suvival

Advertise Here

I could have place this comment in the financial section just as easily as first aid but I decided on general knowledge because this could affect almost anyone. I wear hearing aids because of my age and failing hearing. I have completed a hearing test that shows I have clear levels of hearing loss that fall well within the human vocal range so I have to wear hearing aids if I expect to hear everything that is being said around me including movies, meetings or general conversation.

After several prescriptions for "advanced hearing aid" devices I have decided to replace my prescription hearing aid with a Walker Game Ear and so far I'm really impressed. I understand that this device is not intended to be a "every day" hearing aid but anyone who wears hearing aids knows what a racket this entire medical market can be. My health insurance doesn't even cover hearing aids so don't get me started on the health insurance issues.

I've been wearing hearing aids for about four years and have tried the ITC (inside the canal @ $2,500 per ear) and the BTE (behind the ear @ $1,000 per ear). The first attempt at ITC was terrible and I returned them for refund; the performance didn't justify the expense. The second attempt with BTE was much better but the device wouldn't last. I had to return them for service four times in three years and each time the device would fail within hours of receiving from the service center. I haven't had my hearing aids on for almost a month because I wouldn't/couldn't send them back again for service that was apparently a waste of time.

After completing research I found the Walker Game Ear on Amazon and decided it was worth a try since I'd already paid the equivalent value in repairs for my previous prescription set. From my research I understand that there are essentially two types of devices: the less expensive type are analog and suffer from quality issues including static and buzzing. The more expensive are digital and provide a much clearer audio signal that so far has been exceptional.

I am very impressed so far and pleased with the limited testing. I have been forced to reduce the volume six levels because the sensitivity is so good I was hearing the air in the room from the air conditioning system. Also, while sitting at my desk I can hear the water coming out of the coffee pot thirty feet away.

It is very clear to me that anyone could benefit from owning a single ear device or a pair like I've purchased. This could make a big difference in your hunting experience or in the case of a disaster scenario. I am so impressed that I wanted to share my new experience. I am not ready to post a full review because almost everyone that wears hearing aids daily complains about the battery life and I've only had these hearing aids 24 hours. However, so far, so good.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elessar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,530 Times in 2,514 Posts

I have hearing aids . They sort of do the same thing.
Quick reply to this message