Thorfire TG06S review - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who would like to review a Thorfire flashlight? kev Contest 56 03-13-2019 04:52 PM
ThorFire TG06S Flashlight Rattnikk23 Reviews and questions 0 05-19-2017 09:47 AM
ThorFire camping lantern giveaway kev Contest 20 05-02-2017 05:27 AM
Review: ThorFire Camping Lantern AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-17-2017 10:30 AM
ThorFire TK4A Flashlight Review AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 03-31-2017 10:00 AM

Old 05-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,210 Posts
Default Thorfire TG06S review

Advertise Here

In response and receivership of this thread.
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=717281

First off thank you Thorfire for sending me the TG06S flashlight for review. It was received just a few days from the OP above.

A bit of my illumination background. I like and have 4 old-school standard bulb Maglite’s, one in 6 and the others in 4 D-cell, they are the store and have available for use plan, big heavy and stored in a night stand, junk drawer, and vehicle… duel use if you know what I mean. I have used many disposable and dollar store lights for kids when they would go for Halloween or similar one night stand event. I have DT500 led that has been my newest goto light, and have several smaller junk lights floating around. What this means is while I can appreciate a good light I can’t identify newer lights by name or lineup.

The TG06S I received feels like a well-made solid light, in aircraft aluminum; the switch feels heavy duty and should last. Just under 4” in length and ¾” in diameter it puts out more light than I expected for its size and power source a single AA. It has become my new EDC pocket light due to the fact that the power source is readily available in a pinch as it can go days between uses and checks. To be honest I had to go back and get the paperwork with it as the on off switch is also the mode switch when depressed halfway. It says high middle and low but my light seems to have 5 modes High/Middle/Low/Moonlight/Strobe (double tap mode switch when illuminated to get strobe) It has a pocket clip that is removable but stays in place so you won’t worry about losing it. It also has in the endcap a place to attach a lanyard if so desired.

What I liked about this light is that it works with a single AA battery as I stack enloop and they are my favorite rechargeable battery as I have lots of items that use that battery. It comes with 2 spare orings and the lens oring glows in pitch black it is visible once your eyes adjust to the dark.
I have never used the 14500 battery but it is compatible as well.. from what I found on its stats… Type: 14500 Battery Rechargeable. Voltage: 3.7V (2.75V - 4.2V). Capacity: 800mAh so I have not information on how it works with that battery. I may have to get a couple to see the 500 lm it claims on the specs, but until then I am more than happy with the output of a AA.

Again thankyou Thorfire for this opportunity... would be glad to review your 1450 battery and single charger

Here are the specs… from Thorfire.
New Features on TG06S
1. More Modes: When use premium 14500 battery, the brightness can be High(500LM) -Middle(200LM) -Low(50LM)-Moonlight (1LM ), and Strobe(500LM); When powered by AA battery, the mini light gives out High(150LM) -Middle(80LM) -Low(20LM)-Moonlight (0.5LM ), and Strobe(150LM)
2. Easier Operation. Fully press the turn on/off, tap to change modes, double tap to activate Strobe mode for emergency.
Warranty
ThorFire promise to offer 40 days money back and worry free customer services, if you encounter with any question, please contact us.
Technical DetailsPart number: TG06S

Please feel free to move this post if a more appropriate thread appears.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ImStillHere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,367 Times in 2,000 Posts

I got mine as well. Love the light. I bought the Dive Light, they have refunded the money pending my review of the Dive Light. I am awaiting the batteries to arrive. If it is as well built as the TG06S it will be a killer! I showed it to my Dive buddy, he is looking at it to replace his current UWatec light. I like the fact that both are rugged, solid and will work with my EDC, Fire, EMS, and Swiftwater stuff.
If the Dive Light works out, we may put several on the trailer/boat or both. So far, they seem tough as nails. I am sold, I carry the ThorFire instead of my Pelican now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,210 Posts

Here is a review update.... I just purchased the 14500 battery for this light, I have no way to measure lumins?? but what a difference, I can say almost twice as bright, and I now understand why there is a "hot" label on the lens case cover, not painful, but noticeably warmer than when running the "AA"

The green glow in the dark oring in the lens is fully observable now when powered down.

so I now have a 4 battery bank of 14500's for my light.
Thank you again ThorFire
Old 06-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,367 Times in 2,000 Posts

I have the Dive light, as well as the TH06S. The Dive light has 3 Cree LED's. 2/3 work perfectly. The #3, well....it almost works well.
I cannot get it above a "glow", and I am having issues getting answers on a return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk