Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Days, Tiger's Story. Version 1.2 Warclaw Books, Movies & Stories 101 06-18-2018 11:32 PM
The skein of your life was woven long ago. Chapter 1 MayDay Books, Movies & Stories 231 04-14-2017 01:04 PM
Honeyville Hard White Wheat CAN (5lb Can) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 02-24-2017 09:41 AM
Apartment-friendly (and wallet friendly) Punching Bag Oops! Health, Fitness and First Aid 5 11-08-2016 06:13 AM

Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Hunter

Default Punching someone in the face really, really hard

Advertise Here

Works just the same in the streets as it does in the ring.

Boxing is probably the most effective and at the same time, quickest, type of training for Self Defense.

More effective is MMA, but it will take longer.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 02:30 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

If someone punches me on or about the head and presses the fight continuing to close any distance I will draw my EDC and aim dead center mass .
Old 04-12-2017, 02:31 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Any closer than punching you in the face and you'll be wrestling... it's best to pull your firearm with a little more distance if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,047 Times in 6,624 Posts

Punching someone in the face really really hard will most likely get you a broken hand/fingers. The human skull is pretty hard. I suggest a good pop to the solar plexus thar will drop them and keep them gasping for a little while. Giving you time to flee or finish the fight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 8,982 Times in 2,673 Posts

Punching someone in the face without boxing gloves on is guaranteed way of breaking your hand. Seen it plenty of times.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,844 Times in 628 Posts

Everyone saying you will break your hand, yeah most self defense instructors will not support punching in face/head for that reason. Self-defense is not boxing nor mma. Everyone thinks after watching the ufc, they now can use this knowledge in a defensive situatuion. Even some of the more complex moves of kung fu and judo, holds, throws, strikes, ect probably want to refrain from that to. Stay aware of your surrondings, walk like you know who you are and where your going. You can learn to read people well in advance of any situation in which you would need to defend yourself and avoid the perp.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BytheRivers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Prepared

If your attacked and the only way to defend yourself is with your hands, fight dirty. It is not a boxing ring with rules you are fighting to survive. You don't know what their intentions are or if they won't just stomp on your skull when your down. A jab to the throat or a thumb to the eyes will probably do more than a punch to the face. You are wanting to stop them from attacking. Remember it isn't all that easy to knock someone out. You actually don't need to hit someone all that hard, but you need to hit them just right. One thing boxing will do is teach you to keep calm and in control.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLeeS1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
If someone punches me on or about the head and presses the fight continuing to close any distance I will draw my EDC and aim dead center mass .
C'mon man, you probably think that you're the only one with a gun in the USA?

Notice the NAME of this sub-forum: Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense. Not everyone in the world has access to handguns and especially not have the means to carry them legally. Hell, many cities and states in the USA currently don't allow CCW. This forum is meant mostly for non-gun solutions.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
Punching someone in the face really really hard will most likely get you a broken hand/fingers. The human skull is pretty hard. I suggest a good pop to the solar plexus thar will drop them and keep them gasping for a little while. Giving you time to flee or finish the fight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you're not good and your precision is bad, then that can be a problem. That's why we train. Landing a good shot in the solar plexus is not easy compared to doing damage to the face. Liver shot KO's are somewhat easier, but still not easy. Going for the chin and landing anywhere under the jawline, is a good shot that can cause a KO. But landing on the nose, eyes, etc. are also very good.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
Punching someone in the face without boxing gloves on is guaranteed way of breaking your hand. Seen it plenty of times.
That's why we train. And the heck is it guaranteed to break your hand. I've been in over 20 street fights and most of them was when I sucked and was untrained. Yeah I do have a weird, dislocated bone on one of my knuckles, but not a big deal. There are also techniques to punch w/o gloves that greatly limits breaking the hand. Then there's also being conscious as a trained fighter to not throw full bombs, picking shots, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BytheRivers View Post
Everyone saying you will break your hand, yeah most self defense instructors will not support punching in face/head for that reason. Self-defense is not boxing nor mma. Everyone thinks after watching the ufc, they now can use this knowledge in a defensive situatuion. Even some of the more complex moves of kung fu and judo, holds, throws, strikes, ect probably want to refrain from that to. Stay aware of your surrondings, walk like you know who you are and where your going. You can learn to read people well in advance of any situation in which you would need to defend yourself and avoid the perp.
Actually, Boxing or MMA encompasses Self Defense and are higher levels of training. You know what makes you more aware of, ie. getting suckered punched in the face, out of nowhere? Training in a real fighting gym of a real fighting sport such as Boxing or MMA. This is what gets you used to fists flying at your face on a regular basis and knowing how to address them.

The other stuff are mainly common sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:51 PM
On what date did kev sell

Thanked 15,533 Times in 4,614 Posts

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Walter Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,823 Times in 8,392 Posts

Face punching is a bit faster than shooting. And you can't really igore them while drawing a gun.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeeS1983 View Post
If your attacked and the only way to defend yourself is with your hands, fight dirty. It is not a boxing ring with rules you are fighting to survive.
Knocking someone the F out with Boxing, is not good enough for you?

Quote:
You don't know what their intentions are or if they won't just stomp on your skull when your down.
Wouldn't KO'ing them solve this problem?

Quote:
A jab to the throat
Maybe in the movies, rarely in real life. I've been punched and side kicked there quite a few times and it never even stopped the sparring nor fight. Just a sore throat later that goes away by itself by the next day.

Quote:
or a thumb to the eyes will probably do more than a punch to the face.
Boxers can do this too. Just extend the fingers during the jabs and towards the eyes. Who's going to be much faster, stronger and more precise at this especially when I jab 20-30 times per round?

Quote:
You are wanting to stop them from attacking. Remember it isn't all that easy to knock someone out. You actually don't need to hit someone all that hard, but you need to hit them just right. One thing boxing will do is teach you to keep calm and in control.
It's a lot easier to KO them if you're trained decently. Even if they're not KO'ed, they're at least busted up and bleeding. Eye jabs can happen at any time if the Boxer wanted to.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
Face punching is a bit faster than shooting. And you can't really igore them while drawing a gun.
Yea, people who never got lit up by a trained Fighter before, never knows what it's like. They don't know that getting punched in the face by someone who knows what they're doing....stops their EDC plan(s) right away as they're seeing stars (if not KTFO already and snoring on the ground).....if not....well, here comes punch #2, #3, #4, #5.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,186 Times in 3,810 Posts

Did you start this thread so you could tell people how you would beat the **** out of them?
I only ask because it seems you only started this thread so you could tell people how you would beat the **** out of them.
Lots of hostile energy here
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Tedious Gasbag

Thanked 1,423 Times in 539 Posts

I have and work a heavy bag hanging in my living room, BUT...
Attacker too close? Two sets of splayed fingers to the eyes (rather than a punch) and a step back as I draw my EDC.
The Following User Says Thank You to stratbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Man of few words

Thanked 1,480 Times in 695 Posts

Punch the throat instead,really hard.they cant trash you if they cant breathe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MI.oldguy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmgt View Post
Did you start this thread so you could tell people how you would beat the **** out of them?
I only ask because it seems you only started this thread so you could tell people how you would beat the **** out of them.
Lots of hostile energy here
Bro, are you against discussion? What did I say that was hostile. Tell me and I'll see if I agree = discussion.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI.oldguy View Post
Punch the throat instead,really hard.they cant trash you if they cant breathe.
It can work, but don't underestimate the resiliency and elasticity of the throat. I've been punched and kicked hard in the throat, and it didn't stop me nor caused any serious injuries afterward. It had no significant effect on breathing as I kept going for many additional rounds. The sidekick there was the worse. 2nd worse was the superman punch. I've hit dudes with spinning back fists that landed with my forearm to their throat, still no KO...they kept fighting around the same pace IIRC.

Catch them on the chin and it's a very good chance for a knockdown to KO. With no gloves, the shots are very precise and damaging vs. most people in the street who aren't trained.