Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 1101 12-24-2018 08:53 PM
Should I ever move back to NY ? Plasma1010 New York 51 07-12-2017 02:59 PM
Dark Grid - Second Edition (professionally edited) DarkLight Books, Movies & Stories 52 02-20-2017 11:57 AM
Hunting in Grizz country Wilderdood Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 81 10-13-2016 01:56 PM

Old 10-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Question How to fight back if someone pushes you down?

Advertise Here

I am a college girl and recently got into a situation (it didn't go very far but it kind of freaked me out) and I realized I have no upper body strength to force someone off me. I always assumed if it came to it I would be able to get out of a situation if I really wanted to (dumb I know).

Is there a move or trick for someone with a slight build to get out of this kind of situation and force someone off?

Thanks if you take the time to respond!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahumanperson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Anvils and Welders

Thanked 23,944 Times in 4,443 Posts

Concealed Carry Permit
Firearms Training by a Reputable and Certified Trainer
Practice Practice Practice

God created man. Colonel Colt made them equal.

Tex

PS,
Welcome to the board.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,388 Posts

A hard hit (as hard as you can) to the larynx with anything you have free. Thumb gouge into the eye. Try to get behind the eye and remove it. Fight like your life depended on it.

Use the advice from the above post.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gotjunk For This Useful Post:

Old 10-08-2016, 01:13 PM

I agree with Tex said. My wife was in a position that could have turned very bad situation if not for a stranger coming out of a door and getting between the attacker and my wife. She told me that she was not going to allow herself to be in such a vulnerable position after that. We went to gun safety class, concealed permit class, and now she is pretty good with her confidence in surviving an altercation.

It will be the best thing you ever did to protect yourself from future situations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rickity Plumber For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Deplorable and 3%

Thanked 25,491 Times in 5,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumanperson View Post
I am a college girl and recently got into a situation (it didn't go very far but it kind of freaked me out) and I realized I have no upper body strength to force someone off me. I always assumed if it came to it I would be able to get out of a situation if I really wanted to (dumb I know).

Is there a move or trick for someone with a slight build to get out of this kind of situation and force someone off?

This is going to sound mean, but it isn't intended that way.

Pay attention to your surroundings. Pay attention to all of the people around you. Avoiding the conflict is your best defense. Situational awareness, a fancy term for paying attention and thinking about what you see, will do more to save your life than any gun, though a gun is a great back up plan. Pay attention, and don't be afraid to profile those around you. If your gut gives you a bad feeling, PAY ATTENTION and leave. NOW! Don't wait, don't indulge in politically correct thinking. Pay attention to your surroundings, listen to your gut. Don't be out drinking all hours of the night. Honestly, nothing good happens after 11pm.
Get a gun, practice, practice, and then practice some more. BUT if you don't PAY ATTENTION, the biggest, baddest damned gun in the world isn't worth squat.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Living the dream:-)

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjunk View Post
A hard hit (as hard as you can) to the larynx with anything you have free. Thumb gouge into the eye. Try to get behind the eye and remove it. Fight like your life depended on it.

Use the advice from the above post.
Unarmed this right here^^^^
You can not be afraid of hurting someone. Fight with all you have. Throat punch. Adams apple
Fingers in the eyes. And dont stop til they're moving away fast! Trust me a finger in the eye will shut someones actions down very quickly. They are worried about losing an eye and the extreme pressure it causes.
Pushing the septum while forcing the head back is also really effective. Palm slaps as hard as you can to the ear (ear box) can cause a ruptured ear drum and that will definitely cause some serious pain and balance issues. Also the old go to. A knee, kick , punch or crush the "junk". A pen in hand can be used to stab soft tissue in the face and neck. Fight dirty period. Everything around you is a weapon. But above all be willing to fight for your life, even if it means your threat does not survive. Unarmed defense is fine if you can not be armed, but I agree with others above having a gun is a force multiplier, your size isn't nearly as much of an issue. Get a carry permit, get trained and carry everywhere you can. Be safe I hope this was some help. This is the same training my girlfriend has. Be willing to use it with no holding back.

Edit. +1 on what Darthmuerte said on being aware of your surroundings. Avoid a situation before it happens, Watch people. Watch your back. If something doesn't feel right it probably isn't

Last edited by Gva; 10-08-2016 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: See edit
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Gone Galt

Thanked 66,576 Times in 17,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumanperson View Post

Get yourself a knife. Folding with assisted opening or a small fixed blade like a Kabar TDI.

Some one pins you down...grab it and thrust at the attackers chest area. Repeat as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1987-...haw+speed+safe

https://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Enforc.../dp/B0017V1I70
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Gone Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Concealed Carry Permit
Firearms Training by a Reputable and Certified Trainer
Practice Practice Practice

God created man. Colonel Colt made them equal.

Tex

PS,
Welcome to the board.

Still very rare to be able to legally carry on a college campus. Unfortunately.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,388 Posts

I feel like I need to add this to the OP. Realistically you won't have much of an opportunity or success in a confrontation without a weapon. A larger stronger attacker can knock you down pin you and control your arms and legs. This without even punching you. If you get punched by an adult male predator anywhere you lose.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotjunk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevlin View Post
Get yourself a knife. Folding with assisted opening or a small fixed blade like a Kabar TDI.

Some one pins you down...grab it and thrust at the attackers chest area. Repeat as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1987-...haw+speed+safe

https://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Enforc.../dp/B0017V1I70
This I something that'll do some damage and it's hard to be taken from you. The s&w hrt neck knife, has a belt clip too. I like the TDI it's definitely a quality knife, I want to get one just for the small size.. I have the neck knife for now. . Also I carry a Kershaw blur as my edc knife. Fast, and sharp, great customer service too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	161961   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	161969  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 04:52 PM

I was a martial arts instructor for many years, so I feel compelled to offer my suggestions.

Women are almost always at a disadvantage because they have less upper-body strength. On the other hand, they are warriors to the bone, if they haven't been taught not to be because "nice girls" don't demolish their attackers.

So start off with the basic premise: No more Mr. Nice Chick. Do what you have to do, when you have to do it--no matter what.

If your opponent takes you down, the fight is 90% lost, so you have to make up a lot of ground in a hurry.

If he follows you down, don't wait for him to pound. If you have a hand free, you can stick your thumb in your attacker's ear hole and try very hard to grind/drill your thumbnail straight into his brain. Usually his head will travel straight sideways to get away from the pain until he runs out of neck, and then his body will instantly follow.

Practice it a few times with a male friend that thinks he can handle a little pain. Do it hard enough that he declines to let you practice anymore--because "hard" is what you're actually learning.

(Go ahead and warn him--he won't believe you. But he'll wind with a new tool in his bag of tricks, too. Fair trade.)

Alternatively, if you have one hand (or both) free and you attacker follows you down don't wait for him to rip your blouse off, either. Yell "DARLING!!" as loud as you can while you wrap your arm(s) around his neck and pull your face up as if to kiss him.

Instead, miss his mouth and try very, very, hard to bite the front half of his nose right off his face. Your totem animal here is the venerable snapping turtle, who (once he bites) never lets go until it thunders. Don't let go until his nose comes off in your mouth.

By then the pain and the horror of disfigurement will leave him with only one goal in mind: to get as far away from you as possible.

Combine the nose-gnaw with an ear-screw, and he won't know whether to make poo-poo potty or go blind.

Pain works twice as well when the recipient cannot instantly retreat from it. So when you finally let him leave, he'll do so at his maximum speed.

It's a nauseating thought to have half of someone's nose come off in your mouth--and that's why so few people are willing to use that tactic, even to save their lives.

So harden your mind beforehand with vivid imaginings--including you dead under the dirt--until the idea of gnawing half a person's face off is revealed to be the much lesser of two evils.

That way, if you ever have to do it, you can do it fast--and without hesitation.

The jaws, BTW, supposedly have the strongest muscles in the human body. Sometimes it becomes both necessary and appropriate to demonstrate that fact.

I deeply apologize if I have offended anyone with my barbaric advice.

Over the years, I have taught many equally inhumane tactics with equally vivid language. A few times, former students came back (years later) and told me that such training saved their lives.

And that was not just the ladies. A couple were combat troops that wound up going hand-to-hand with the enemy.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 40,960 Times in 12,674 Posts

I 2nd the suggestion for martial arts training, even just a basic self-defense course, and also a weapon. Weapons are only effective if you feel comfortable using them. What ever you decide, get training and then get some more.
I carry a Bersa Thunder and a Kershaw folding knife.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,068 Times in 310 Posts

You are armed with a number of weapons. Fist, thumb, knees, foot, elbow, forehead. Thumb in eye socket, elbow in throat, knee in cajones, fingers clawing at face and eyes, teeth biting with force anything you can chomp down on.

Go get some krav maga training and learn to use your bodies natural weapons in a brutal and very effective way. And learn to use your brain to avoid situations.

On another level, a nice flat box cutter with a new blade in it is a very dangerous weapon that will slash to the bone on hands and arms and face. The flat little one in the bottom of photo is very light and concealable, and opens with a bump on the leg.
[IMG][/IMG]

How rough and dirty do you want to go to protect yourself?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cbl51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Gone Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gva View Post
This I something that'll do some damage and it's hard to be taken from you. The s&w hrt neck knife, has a belt clip too. I like the TDI it's definitely a quality knife, I want to get one just for the small size.. I have the neck knife for now. . Also I carry a Kershaw blur as my edc knife. Fast, and sharp, great customer service too.

Nice. I might need to get one of those.

*runs off to search for it on Amazon*
The Following User Says Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Gone Galt

Also check out these little nasties:

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/UC2...Leather-Sheath
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmorgan View Post

So harden your mind beforehand with vivid imaginings--including you dead under yhe dirt--until the idea of gnawing half a person's face off is revealed to be the much lesser of two evils.

That way, if you ever have to do it, you can do it fast--and without hesitation.

The jaws, BTW, supposedly have the strongest muscles in the human body. Sometimes it becomes both necessary and appropriate to demonstrate that fact.

I deeply apologize if I have offended anyone with my barbaric advice.

Over the years, I have taught many equally inhumane tactics with equally vivid language. A few times, former students came back (years later) and told me that such training saved their lives.

And that was not just the ladies. A couple were combat troops that wound up going hand-to-hand with the enemy.
Very good points, I don't think it can be over stated that you will have to do things that are not pretty to survive and to prepare your mind for extreme violence of action and the sight of blood, etc, prepare you mind. it's will not be pleasant but you will go home. I was bit on the arm by a guy on PCP so I can vouch getting bit sucks. Lost a chunk of my arm. (Long story lol)
But Lmorgan I hope you didn't offend anyone with this. This is survival, and I really hope someone using your techniques or anyone elses is mentally ready to fight. I know many women feel bad or don't want hurt people.
You're 100% right you can't be a "nice girl" you need to inflict damage. And survival is barbaric, better to learn now than when it real counts. Very good advise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 PM

I would love one grevlin. Daggers/push daggers are illegal in PA. That's why I opted for the hrt knife. Also it's available in full serrations or straight blade. I think you'll be happy with the hrt, I got mine for under $20 years ago. Add some paracord around the handle it fits great in your hand..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 40,960 Times in 12,674 Posts

One of my favortie non-weapon weapons. A rotary cutter. They are designed to cut many layers of fabric at once. Think of it as a pizza cutter on steroids. That blade can take off a finger.
http://www.joann.com/olfa-quick-chan...#sz=36&start=1
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 09:31 PM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 10,389 Times in 2,289 Posts

I'm hoping that the next guy who tries to take advantage limps home with some parts missing and others broken.

Fight like your life depends on it. No mercy. Gouge, scratch, bite, or kick anything soft that you can get to - as hard and ferociously as you can. Decide now that, if in such a situation again, your goal is to completely destroy your opponent as quickly and violently as possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maintenanceguy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 03:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,508 Times in 8,132 Posts

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post: