Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Venison-Pork, Beef-Pork Sausage in the smoker again. Double S Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 4 02-16-2014 11:55 PM
Christians block radical Christians from soldiers funeral! Antwan23 General Discussion 21 03-14-2011 10:23 AM
Salt Pork Bryce H General Discussion 5 01-12-2011 06:33 PM
How I can pork, video Chrysalis Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 24 11-24-2010 11:53 AM
Should 300 mag eat pork? 300mag Religious Discussion 76 06-25-2009 06:26 AM
Definition of pork bluetrain Political News and Discussion 1 01-29-2009 10:20 AM
salt pork northhillbilly Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 12-11-2008 06:08 PM

Old 05-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,617 Times in 1,846 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

I love pork. And I love to eat lamb also.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 07:22 PM

I am a Christian and I do not eat pork -- not because of what is in the Old Testament, but because pigs are a very toxic animal (and that is probably why it was in the bible in the first place as with shellfish because they are bottom feeders and are toxic). They have no sweat glands....so all of the toxins in their bodies...stay in their bodies. That's why you have to be 100% sure that you do not undercook it.

Some will say "but cooking process eliminates the toxins". No...not all of them. We have been so manipulated as Americans that we need to have MEAT every day in our diets for protein, etc. Umm...last time I checked, rice with beans is a complete protein. And nowadays, with all of the antibiotics and growth hormones they add in meat --- I have been slowly trying to wean myself off of meat. Besides, if SHTF -- meat will be a luxury and not readily available so I might as well learn to live without it now. I feel SO much better too health wise now that I have cut out red meat and pork from my diet.

Plus, pork makes me queasy and really knots up my stomach whenever I have eaten it no matter where I have eaten it and no matter what type of dish.
The Following User Says Thank You to jennsocutie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Come quickly Lord

Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregener View Post
Here's a barometer for you:

If they are on Trinity Broadcasting Network...AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.
I agree with you for the most part. However, they have occassionally played some very good programing. I like the Gaither vocal band and they had the movie The Hiding Place on there. Some good stuff but you have to definitely have your spiritual radar on when watching TBN.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 12,049 Times in 5,124 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsdude View Post
Leviticus 11:7
"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you."
we are not hebrews under the law......should christians eat corn on the cob?.......
Old 05-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Gun Clinging "Deplorable"

Thanked 49,836 Times in 17,488 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4giv3n1 View Post
I eat pork. I don't eat a lot of it but I do admit I eat bacon and pepperoni, sometimes ham, sometimes pork roast. My main meat is beef and then chicken. Mmmmm....meat.

Anyway, the food laws were given to the the Israelites. I'm not saying you shouldn't follow them. By all means, feel free. But the Gentiles were not required to abide by the food laws or circumcision. Yes, Peter was speaking about people, not food. But nowhere biblically does it say that the gentiles were to change what they ate (only to not indulge in drunkeness) nor were they required to be circumcized.

I am a very healthy person. I am careful about what I bring into my body, but I do eat some pork....and I do not feel the least ounce of regret about it. God has not convicted me to stop eating it. Nor has He convicted me to stop mixing meat and milk.
If something is unhealthy for an Israelite then it is unhealthy for a non-Israelite. Remember, James said: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1) Are you certain that you aren't an Israelite? The 10 northern tribes had been divorced by God:

Jeremiah 3:6-9, "6The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. 7And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also."

As the above scripture makes clear, there is a division between the 10 northern tribes of Israel and the two southern tribes known as Judah (Judah and Benjamin). So many Christians assume that the name "Israelite" is somehow synonymous with the modern Jews of modern Israel. This is a huge misnomer. First of all, there were 12 tribes of Israel. Judah was but one of the twelve. The term "Jew" may be used to describe the single tribe of Judah but it does not encompass the entire twelve tribes. The Bible makes this point clear in the following verse:

Hebrews 8:8, "For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:"

Assuming for a moment that the Israelis have any relationship to Old Testament Israel, they could only claim a relationship to the southern tribe of Judah. That means, according to James, that the remaining 10 tribes are "scattered abroad." There is a very real possibility that you and I are related to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel." If that is the case then the food laws could have greater significance in our lives then either of us know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:12 PM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibbers View Post
Introducing the new Jan Crouch Doll from Mattel:

The more money she gets the harder she cries.

***REAL streaming makeup included!!***
I think her "big hair" is hiding her horns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Come quickly Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
If something is unhealthy for an Israelite then it is unhealthy for a non-Israelite. Remember, James said: "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." (James 1:1) Are you certain that you aren't an Israelite? The 10 northern tribes had been divorced by God:

Jeremiah 3:6-9, "6The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. 7And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. 8And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also."

As the above scripture makes clear, there is a division between the 10 northern tribes of Israel and the two southern tribes known as Judah (Judah and Benjamin). So many Christians assume that the name "Israelite" is somehow synonymous with the modern Jews of modern Israel. This is a huge misnomer. First of all, there were 12 tribes of Israel. Judah was but one of the twelve. The term "Jew" may be used to describe the single tribe of Judah but it does not encompass the entire twelve tribes. The Bible makes this point clear in the following verse:

Hebrews 8:8, "For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:"

Assuming for a moment that the Israelis have any relationship to Old Testament Israel, they could only claim a relationship to the southern tribe of Judah. That means, according to James, that the remaining 10 tribes are "scattered abroad." There is a very real possibility that you and I are related to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel." If that is the case then the food laws could have greater significance in our lives then either of us know.

All I know is that He hasn't convicted me of what I eat, just of overeating. If He were to convict me of eating pork, I would indeed stop eating it.

As for being related, we certainly are. We are members of the family of God and you are my brother, physical blood relation or not. And it will always remain that way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4giv3n1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Come quickly Lord

Quote:
I think her "big hair" is hiding her horns.
Ok, I totally LOL'd at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4giv3n1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 20,729 Times in 7,372 Posts

We had BBQ and pig pickens at our Southern Free Will Baptist Church you going to send us all to hell. Ya right. Save it for the rag heads.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
Old 05-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,931 Times in 2,098 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcritter View Post
We had BBQ and pig pickens at our Southern Free Will Baptist Church you going to send us all to hell. Ya right. Save it for the rag heads.
WHOA! Who's sending you Southern Baptists to hell? Certainly not!!!

What I would say is there is wisdom in God's laws. Follow His dietary laws, you will be healthier. That's all.
The Following User Says Thank You to chibbers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 20,729 Times in 7,372 Posts

Now I wounder what your forefathers would say about pork since they brought pigs with them to the new world. Then of course if you are a Muslim descendant you will not eat pork.
Clean it well cook it well.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibbers View Post
WHOA! Who's sending you Southern Baptists to hell? Certainly not!!!

What I would say is there is wisdom in God's laws. Follow His dietary laws, you will be healthier. That's all.
Some denominations are quick to hear what they want to hear instead of patiently seeking the truth of a matter. I don't believe there was a single post that indicated that anyone eating pork would go to hell. Again...selective hearing abounds in our world. Sad but true, unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcritter View Post
Now I wounder what your forefathers would say about pork since they brought pigs with them to the new world. Then of course if you are a Muslim descendant you will not eat pork.
Clean it well cook it well.
Perhaps our forefathers brought pigs along to clean up the horse, cow, and dog droppings. The Pilgrims and Puritans knew God's Word better than the modern church does and surely knew God's intended purpose for swine. Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,419 Times in 3,263 Posts

Quote:
Perhaps our forefathers brought pigs along to clean up the horse, cow, and dog droppings. The Pilgrims and Puritans knew God's Word better than the modern church does and surely knew God's intended purpose for swine. Just a thought.
Thats kinda harsh, sure a pig will eat most anything, but a dog licks his butt

and Natters and no one seems to care

Pigs , in the wild eat a natural diet, if kept in sorry conditions and feed garbage and slop then yes problems will arise.

I eat deer but there are potential problems will all game meat and easy
solutions like cooking it properly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsocutie View Post
....We have been so manipulated as Americans that we need to have MEAT every day in our diets for protein, etc. Umm...last time I checked, rice with beans is a complete protein. And nowadays, with all of the antibiotics and growth hormones they add in meat --- I have been slowly trying to wean myself off of meat. Besides, if SHTF -- meat will be a luxury and not readily available so I might as well learn to live without it now....
Well, I have to say, I live in BC but I'm a born n' bred Albertan....all we eat is meat! Oh yeah, we do decorate our plates with a few green things, but you mean we're supposed to eat that stuff too??!!
The Following User Says Thank You to armedpilgrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 AM
very very tired!

I think the problem isn't with the bible, it's with people's interpretation of it ( Although I'm not familiar with it at all LOL)..In the time when it was written, pigs were probably dangerous to eat in a hot land where pork went off quick and where tapeworm was common. Therefore it was sound commonsense. But times change.. and people need to change with them, that is also sound common sense .Because people who cannot change & adapt, DO NOT SURVIVE. You in this site should know this more than most.
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond lil For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
V

Thanked 34,644 Times in 13,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
I think the problem isn't with the bible, it's with people's interpretation of it ( Although I'm not familiar with it at all LOL)..In the time when it was written, pigs were probably dangerous to eat in a hot land where pork went off quick and where tapeworm was common. Therefore it was sound commonsense. But times change.. and people need to change with them, that is also sound common sense .Because people who cannot change & adapt, DO NOT SURVIVE. You in this site should know this more than most.
God doesnt change he's constant, nor does he change his mind or go back on his word (so says the Bible). Despite certain ideals that Jesus's coming changed all that went before,(which in all honesty sounds hollow and more like an excuse) Gods words is still Gods word its either constant or a joke.

Not nitpicking diamond lil as I understand what your saying, even agree but to me if your a Christian whos going to judge people according to your religous standard then you should keep that standard and not pick and choose as suits.
The Following User Says Thank You to Smudge For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Another thought on this issue....

I firmly believe this pork issue to be a conscience issue (Romans 14), for, as Paul said, "...there is nothing unclean of itself...".

Not to start any new debates, but here's my thought: Aside from the potential health issues of eating pork, should we spend much time worrying over conscience issues? I mean, if you rationalize it enough, you can end up burdening your conscience with many, many things. Not to say I agree or disagree with Christians doing any of the following list, but there are many things some Christians abstain from for the sake of conscience, like, is it okay for Christians to watch TV, or smoke tobacco, or for women to wear make-up, or to shave or trim our beards, or get tatoos, or drive air polluting vehicles like my truck, or listen to secular music (i.e. Mozart), or pick up sticks on the Sabbath, or for women to wear pants, or drink beer, or wear jewelry, or have wealth, or whatever...? A case can potentially be made against almost anything using scripture the wrong way. The law of God is good, if it is used correctly.

Now, please don't get me wrong, I am not an antinomian, in fact I love the Moral Law of God and believe it to be just as viable today as ever--like Actionjackson affirmed previously, "God is the same yesterday, today and forever...". But Levitical ceremonial law was different, or Paul would have instructed the Gentile believers to follow it to the letter. He did not, because the levitical ceremonial law was designed to point to Christ and His perfection, and to illustrate it.

For myself, I know I have enough real sin in my life I have to deal with, that I don't want to get distracted with perifferal issues that might burden my conscience to the point of overload and legalism. Or maybe I'm not quite as spiritual as some others, but I love Jesus with my whole heart, and do my best to follow Him, and try not to get too wrapped up in any coscience issues that might weigh me down to a state of hopelessness.

Just another two bits from a pilgrim....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to armedpilgrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Come quickly Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedpilgrim View Post
Another thought on this issue....

I firmly believe this pork issue to be a conscience issue (Romans 14), for, as Paul said, "...there is nothing unclean of itself...".

Not to start any new debates, but here's my thought: Aside from the potential health issues of eating pork, should we spend much time worrying over conscience issues? I mean, if you rationalize it enough, you can end up burdening your conscience with many, many things. Not to say I agree or disagree with Christians doing any of the following list, but there are many things some Christians abstain from for the sake of conscience, like, is it okay for Christians to watch TV, or smoke tobacco, or for women to wear make-up, or to shave or trim our beards, or get tatoos, or drive air polluting vehicles like my truck, or listen to secular music (i.e. Mozart), or pick up sticks on the Sabbath, or for women to wear pants, or drink beer, or wear jewelry, or have wealth, or whatever...? A case can potentially be made against almost anything using scripture the wrong way. The law of God is good, if it is used correctly.

Now, please don't get me wrong, I am not an antinomian, in fact I love the Moral Law of God and believe it to be just as viable today as ever--like Actionjackson affirmed previously, "God is the same yesterday, today and forever...". But Levitical ceremonial law was different, or Paul would have instructed the Gentile believers to follow it to the letter. He did not, because the levitical ceremonial law was designed to point to Christ and His perfection, and to illustrate it.

For myself, I know I have enough real sin in my life I have to deal with, that I don't want to get distracted with perifferal issues that might burden my conscience to the point of overload and legalism. Or maybe I'm not quite as spiritual as some others, but I love Jesus with my whole heart, and do my best to follow Him, and try not to get too wrapped up in any coscience issues that might weigh me down to a state of hopelessness.

Just another two bits from a pilgrim....
Pilgrim, I agree with you, and will add to it my thoughts as well. We must remain open to the Holy Spirit's leading as well. Our focus cannot be our sin, but must be the Lord. It is for Him to convict of that which we should not eat or drink. For some, it is sin to partake in alcoholic beverages. For others it is not. If the Lord has convicted you to not eat port, then don't eat it! Better to obey what the Lord has specifically instructed you through the leading of His Spirit than to follow what man has told you that God instructed them. This is why it is called a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not that we don't share our faith, but that each relationship with Him will be different....personalized if you will, according to our needs and our calling. God sees our needs and knows our weaknesses, and thank God for His patience when dealing with us as we each learn to be the man He wants us to be!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
The swine flu originated in a "hot land" that farmed pigs. I don't mean to be argumentative and I do understand what you are saying. I survived when I did eat pork and I've survived for many years not eating pork. I don't eat lions, tigers, and bears either. I also don't eat oleander, nightshade, or foxglove. Adding one more thing to the items I don't eat won't really change my chances for survival that much.

As for "changing with the times," Molech or Ba'al worship was the popular thing to do amongst certain Middle Eastern nations at one time. One of the customs of Ba'al worship was to sacrifice living babies to the god, Molech (Moloch). Sometimes changing with the times and going with the flow isn't always the correct path to take.