Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Venison-Pork, Beef-Pork Sausage in the smoker again. Double S Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 4 02-16-2014 11:55 PM
Christians block radical Christians from soldiers funeral! Antwan23 General Discussion 21 03-14-2011 10:23 AM
Salt Pork Bryce H General Discussion 5 01-12-2011 06:33 PM
How I can pork, video Chrysalis Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 24 11-24-2010 11:53 AM
Should 300 mag eat pork? 300mag Religious Discussion 76 06-25-2009 06:26 AM
Definition of pork bluetrain Political News and Discussion 1 01-29-2009 10:20 AM
salt pork northhillbilly Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 12-11-2008 06:08 PM

Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 1,843 Times in 906 Posts

Advertise Here

Eat pork? Well, there are certain creatures the LORD put here for certain purposes. Some animals, pigs included, are the cleaners (vacuums) for the planet, When the Scriptures references food in the area of meat, It is referencing the meats that were/are permitted to eat. I loved bacon tacos every morning, until I learned better. But no sweat, if You can't trust the LORD, ask your doctor his opinion. Something is making people sickly, could it possibly be what we eat, drink and breathe?
If there is doubt, don't take our word on it, take it to the Author, the LORD. Let Him guide you
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Know more, carry less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fire View Post
Eat pork? Well, there are certain creatures the LORD put here for certain purposes. Some animals, pigs included, are the cleaners (vacuums) for the planet, When the Scriptures references food in the area of meat, It is referencing the meats that were/are permitted to eat. I loved bacon tacos every morning, until I learned better. But no sweat, if You can't trust the LORD, ask your doctor his opinion. Something is making people sickly, could it possibly be what we eat, drink and breathe?
If there is doubt, don't take our word on it, take it to the Author, the LORD. Let Him guide you
Fair enough, but the same who avoid pork usually indulge in shellfish, crustecians, fermented wine or beer and products containing yeast, all foods that are considered un-clean in the OT.

If we actually consider we are kings and priests, then no self respecting Christian living by the OT laws will eat leavened bread or cakes containing yeast as it was forbidden for priests to eat yeast.

Paul.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:10 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthedog View Post
Fair enough, but the same who avoid pork usually indulge in shellfish, crustecians, fermented wine or beer and products containing yeast, all foods that are considered un-clean in the OT.

If we actually consider we are kings and priests, then no self respecting Christian living by the OT laws will eat leavened bread or cakes containing yeast as it was forbidden for priests to eat yeast.

Paul.
The only time it is forbidden to derive benefit from yeast is during Passover.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Preparing...

Quote:

Paul.
Jesus told one of his diciples (forget which one) to "take a little wine for your stomach"
Are you saying that it tells you to not drink fermented wine in the bible?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Gun Clinging "Deplorable"

Thanked 49,632 Times in 17,433 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:

Paul.
I don't eat any bottom feeding fish or crustaceans. They, too, are vacuum cleaners. I quit drinking all alcoholic beverages in 1984.

Dr. Samuelle Bacchiocchi, a Christian of the Seventh Day Adventist stripe, did an extensive study on the various Greek and Hebrew words translated "wine" in the Bible. He concludes that Christians are to refrain from all "alcoholic wine" but that we are free to drink "new wine" which is simply freshly pressed grapes. Of course, there are those who will disagree but he makes a compelling argument.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7818027/Wi...le-Bacchiocchi

Last edited by ActionJackson; 06-09-2009 at 09:00 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Know more, carry less

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisday4064 View Post
Jesus told one of his diciples (forget which one) to "take a little wine for your stomach"
Are you saying that it tells you to not drink fermented wine in the bible?

There are several different wines that were used in scripture.

1. Fermented
2. Grape Juice
3. A grape cordial
4. Grape jam/paste

As far as I can see Jesus did not encourage the drinking of fermented grape juice.

Using leavened breads etc is in fact contradictory to OT laws if we are to use the new testament as it refers to us being 'kings and priests'. During the Passover it is forbidden for 7 days. Does anyone observe the Passover? If you follow the OT laws of clean and unclean I cannot see how you cannot practice the Passover.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samthedog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Gun Clinging "Deplorable"

Thanked 49,632 Times in 17,433 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
There are several different wines that were used in scripture.

1. Fermented
2. Grape Juice
3. A grape cordial
4. Grape jam/paste

As far as I can see Jesus did not encourage the drinking of fermented grape juice.

Using leavened breads etc is in fact contradictory to OT laws if we are to use the new testament as it refers to us being 'kings and priests'. During the Passover it is forbidden for 7 days. Does anyone observe the Passover? If you follow the OT laws of clean and unclean I cannot see how you cannot practice the Passover.
Though I no longer observe the Roman holidays of Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc. I have been weak in following and observing the biblical Holy Days. However, I do believe that they should be observed. Since finding Christians of like-mind in my area is next to impossible, I have grown weak in some areas (I'm ashamed to admit).
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Default Two questions.

There are 2 questions being answered.

Should Christians eat pork?
Should people eat pork?

The answer to the first is above my pay grade. The answer to the second is no. (Or at least eat very little.) If you accept this answer to question #2 then question #1 is moot.
The Following User Says Thank You to ynot For This Useful Post: