The Federal Prison System has Taken Pork Off the Menu - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sex and Marriage in federal prison? Mr Saturday Night Sp General Discussion 7 07-03-2015 09:01 AM
Venison-Pork, Beef-Pork Sausage in the smoker again. Double S Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 4 02-16-2014 11:55 PM
Disasters and prison system ARKLITE881South General Discussion 12 11-07-2012 04:02 PM
The Federal Reserve System.. Arjin Financial Forum 4 01-21-2011 12:14 AM
SHTF scenario▬what happens to the prison system? Filthy_McNasty Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 133 01-12-2011 12:14 AM
Disgraced Miss. judge to report to federal prison madcritter General Discussion 4 01-05-2010 03:54 PM
Al-Qaeda Sleeper Agent In Marion Federal Prison Newsfeed General Discussion 0 11-15-2009 03:00 AM
Memphis Federal Prison Under Quarantine TNPetite.45 Manmade and Natural Disasters 0 09-15-2009 03:45 PM
How I would fix the prison system swwjeff General Discussion 32 06-17-2009 11:49 AM
US Prison System New Al-Queda Recruiting Grounds GoodOlFroathyOne Political News and Discussion 0 01-21-2009 05:12 PM

Old 10-15-2015, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,859 Times in 3,158 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member Outstanding Post 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

What's the point of taking pig off the menu when the other meats aren't kosher or halal?
The muslim or jew would still have to eat the vegetarian meal.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yorkshire Boy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,510 Times in 2,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Boy View Post
What's the point of taking pig off the menu when the other meats aren't kosher or halal?
western muslims dont know that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 08:08 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 21,973 Times in 9,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Boy View Post
Because it's not about being kosher or halal. It's about cutting waste. Prisoners like bad pork less than they like bad beef or bad chicken.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,510 Times in 2,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Because it's not about being kosher or halal. It's about cutting waste. Prisoners like bad pork less than they like bad beef or bad chicken.
hard to believe prisoners dont like bacon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish11 View Post
They probably do, if they get it. They don't get it.

https://www.bop.gov/foia/certified_food_menu.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Get off my lawn

Thanked 20,870 Times in 4,408 Posts

Quote:
Hard to believe we the people must pay for bacon to be served in prisons. Eggs and toast should suffice. These jerk offs are pumping iron, getting bigger and stronger, and the tax payer is footing the bill. Let them out and they're still as stupid and dangerous - just bigger and well fed.

I would like to see a comparison of prison meals vs. field rations for our troops.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catapult For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 47,691 Times in 18,821 Posts

Personally, don't tell them what it is. They've never tasted it before, so they will never know.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:51 AM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapult View Post
Hard to believe we the people must pay for bacon to be served in prisons. Eggs and toast should suffice.
Federal prisoners don't get eggs or bacon for breakfast. They get cereal, fruit and toast.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2015, 10:55 AM
M.R. Not

Thanked 7,648 Times in 3,020 Posts

Quote:
Gee, just offer them a choice of pork bacon, or turkey bacon.

And on pork chop night, it's fast night for the Muslims

Rancher
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azrancher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:30 AM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,306 Times in 3,620 Posts

I doubt The Loaf would go over well...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutraloaf

Lawsuits regarding nutraloaf have taken place in several states, including Illinois, Maryland, Nebraska, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, and West Virginia. In March 2008, prisoners brought their case before the Vermont Supreme Court, arguing that since Vermont state law does not allow food to be used as punishment, nutraloaf must be removed from the menu. The Vermont Supreme Court held that Nutraloaf and water diet constitutes punishment as it was designed to be unappetizing and as such compelled their conclusion. In April 2010, sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County Arizona won a federal judgment in favor of the constitutionality of nutraloaf.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,065 Times in 7,766 Posts

Back in the 80s, the CT National Guard drew their food from the same state warehouse that supplied the prisons. That food was some nasty stuff. Made me happy I wasn't in prison. Most units started running an in-house soldier-paid fund that allowed the unit to get stuff like rice and beans, pasta, sauce and other things to supplement the drawn food. We ate fairly well after chipping in for those supplements. More than a few times, all most of the soldiers would eat was the unit supplied food and pass on the state supplied stuff. Heck, we loved it when we were in the field and got MREs. Those were better than what we got thru the state system. That's a telling indication of what the state supplied. MREs in the 80s were not the greatest food. They are better now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2015, 06:32 PM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Thanked 32,088 Times in 7,660 Posts

Feds Quietly Put Pork Roast Back on Prison Menus After Questions From GOP Lawmaker Feds Quietly Put Pork Roast Back on Prison Menus After Questions From GOP Lawmaker - Washington Free Beacon

Quote:
The federal government put pork roast back on the menu at federal prisons without explanation after a Republican lawmaker questioned claims that pig products were removed because of lack of interest and high costs.
Quote:
“I find it hard to believe that a survey would have found a majority of any population saying, ‘No thanks, I don’t want any bacon,’”
Old 10-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,762 Posts

Lots of criminals, especially the black ones, are muslimized in prison. I guess it gives them something else to do besides pump iron, watch tv and fight. But when they get out, and most will, I'm sure that within a week, most of those criminals are ordering three pork sandwiches or a tubful of barbecued pork ribs at Bodacious Bar-B-Q. They almost always go back to their old environments, old "friends" and the old ways that got them into prison.

The prisoners who are able should be required to produce their own food or contribute in other ways for their upkeep. Since they are "paying their debt to society" it's only fair that they support themselves and not expect "society" to support them in "college" while they learn how to be better criminals. Finding out what a hard day's work is would be an eye-opening and healthy experience for most of them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
Lots of criminals, especially the black ones, are muslimized in prison. I guess it gives them something else to do besides pump iron, watch tv and fight. But when they get out, and most will, I'm sure that within a week, most of those criminals are ordering three pork sandwiches or a tubful of barbecued pork ribs at Bodaceous Bar-B-Q. They almost always go back to their old environments, old "friends" and the old ways that got them into prison.

The prisoners who are able should be required to produce their own food or contribute in other ways for their upkeep. Since they are "paying their debt to society" it's only fair that they support themselves and not expect "society" to support them in "college" while they learn how to be better criminals. Finding out what a hard day's work is would be an eye-opening and healthy experience for most of them.
I love the ribs from Bodacious Bar-B-Q. Eat there every time I pass through the Longview/Kilgore area.
The Following User Says Thank You to AggieSigGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieSigGuy View Post
I love the ribs from Bodacious Bar-B-Q. Eat there every time I pass through the Longview/Kilgore area.
Yes, that's those are the ones and they are pretty good. There are at least two Bodacious's around here.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,184 Posts

Pork is off the menu? Good. Next should be beef and chicken. Really, meat in general. Let them eat gruel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bertzie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2015, 06:49 AM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,306 Times in 3,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
Lots of criminals, especially the black ones, are muslimized in prison. I guess it gives them something else to do besides pump iron, watch tv and fight. But when they get out, and most will, I'm sure that within a week, most of those criminals are ordering three pork sandwiches or a tubful of barbecued pork ribs at Bodacious Bar-B-Q. They almost always go back to their old environments, old "friends" and the old ways that got them into prison.
very true. people in learn quickly to form alliances/groups, and walk away when they get back on the street.

Quote:
IIRC prison farms are basically illegal thanks to those leftist busybodies in the ACLU and the SPLC. prisoners doing field work offended their sensibilities.

Last edited by Sailorsam; 10-22-2015 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: add insightful line
Old 10-22-2015, 08:47 AM
Survivor

[QUOTE=

IIRC prison farms are basically illegal thanks to those leftist busybodies in the ACLU and the SPLC. prisoners doing field work offended their sensibilities.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right about that. I know it has been decades since the Texas prison made a profit and became just another liability.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:46 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by works4dhs View Post
IIRC prison farms are basically illegal thanks to those leftist busybodies in the ACLU and the SPLC. prisoners doing field work offended their sensibilities.
I believe the biggest complaint about prison farms came from large agricultural producers. They wanted to sell their wares to the BOP and state DOCs so they got the legislators to which they make campaign contributios to close many of the farms.

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of handing maximum security prisoners sharp gardening implements and letting them wander around outdoors.

Minimum security guys, maybe.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
I believe the biggest complaint about prison farms came from large agricultural producers. They wanted to sell their wares to the BOP and state DOCs so they got the legislators to which they make campaign contributios to close many of the farms.

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of handing maximum security prisoners sharp gardening implements and letting them wander around outdoors.

Minimum security guys, maybe.
I think that having prisoners chained at the ankles with heavy chains like in the old movies could still work safely as long as the "bosses" were appropriately armed. And it shouldn't be cruel. The prisoners should get lots of water, two 15-min. sit-down breaks during the day, including a generous lunch where they could sit down and rest for 45 minutes and eat all the good food they could grow. Those able-bodied prisoners who chose not to participate could be treated to solitary on half rations or less. I think this would be quite reasonable and possibly better conditions than most small farmers have. Operating machinery could be sticky though--maybe only trustees and guys who have only a very short incarceration time left.