Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
40mm Grenades BreakOut Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 5 09-27-2014 11:31 PM
Grenade Launcher, but not for grenades? wedweb Military Weapons Forum 3 02-01-2013 11:14 PM
Smoke grenades MinnpatRIOT General Discussion 6 01-02-2013 11:47 PM
tactical smoke grenades Defcon Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 03-26-2010 08:06 AM
Big 5 has Grenades. Steverino Military Weapons Forum 22 12-03-2009 09:40 PM
Smoke Grenades and Bombs tank08 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 8 07-27-2008 01:55 PM
Grenades for god Dr.Gee Religious Discussion 5 07-08-2008 07:34 AM
Smoke Grenades Reed Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 08-17-2007 12:50 AM

Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I love this forum

Default Paintball grenades

Advertise Here

I didn't see a post about the grenades you use in the paintball game.
I bought a bunch of these. They are just plastic grenades that blow up when you pull the pin attached to a pin that punches a hoe in a 12ga CO2.

Fun to play with but I get serious with these. Living in the country I have a problem with skunks, and loose dogs that spread my trash all over the place. I don't weant to kill them but...
I filled one of these grenadess 1/2 full of cayenne pepper.
Throw the grenade and in 4 seconds it explodes into a large red cloud , which
makes the skunks and dogs run like hell. It only took 3 times and I have never seen them again.
Non Lethal. Someone breaks into your home. You can fill the grenades with whatever chemical you want, or plain ole pepper. Once exploded no one in the room can breathe or see, which allows you to escape. Try it, it works WELL! You can get them off Amazon.
Also you can get these little black balls. Smaller than golf balls. They have a light one on end. Throw it into a dark room where an adversary is. The fellow CANNOT DO ANYTHING BUT LOOK AT THE LIGHT, which gives you time to escape
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 AM

link to wear you got these?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Target Shooter

I personally wouldn't waste time and money on the paint gernades. I work as a paintball referee and those r the most unreliable items in the paintball industry. If u want something like that, and it's really good. Go to Rap4.com and check out the pepper balls; or the glass breakers. Those will fit in a paintball marker, and that site sells to law enforcement, of all kinds.
Ryan

Old 07-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I love this forum

Sorry..

Click to open expanded view

Amazon.com search
Valken Dumbbell Thunder B Airsoft Grenade with Core (Pack of 3) Price: $29.99 & FREE Shipping
Old 07-03-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetryan15 View Post
I personally wouldn't waste time and money on the paint gernades. I work as a paintball referee and those r the most unreliable items in the paintball industry. If u want something like that, and it's really good. Go to Rap4.com and check out the pepper balls; or the glass breakers. Those will fit in a paintball marker, and that site sells to law enforcement, of all kinds.
Ryan
exactly what I was thinking
Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Target Shooter

If u really want something like that. Get the pepper balls or equivalent. They sell reusable land mines for paintball. Those would work 100 times better.
I been playing the sport for 17 almost 18 years. The landmines r better. Those do work. Or even check out the smoke gernades. Those work 100% of the time, and give you a nice smokescreen. I hate being a referee and those go off, cuz they work.
Ryan
Old 07-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I love this forum

Sorry, I was not speaking of game playing. I was just telling folks what they can do to take out an animal, like humans. I doubt they will find better, or cheaper. Land mines, you gotta step on it. Not something I would lay around inside the house. I played paintball. We shot the referees when they screwed up. The set up I use should never be used in games.
Fill the grenades with tacks, acid, gasoline, salt,glass,roofing nails..anything to be useful as a deterrent against someone breaking into your home. I'm certain there are other sites that offer similar items. Great! as long as they work.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Target Shooter

U can use the smoke gernades as a smokescreen to help yourself, if ever need an escape from intruders. Actually there r a few different versions of the reusable gernades and landmines. The reusable gernades r great. I would use the pepper balls from rap4. What your OP was talking about was putting cayenne pepper in a gernade. Which wouldn't b worthwhile. Since u gotta b careful removing the pin and not dropping it.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I love this forum

I thought I was in a SURVIVALIST FORUM??Afraid of dropping a plastic grenade? You haven't had your hands on one. It has 2 safeguards, one the keeps the needle away from the C02, and the other holds the spring holding the needle in the fire position. Real grenades only have one. When someone breaks in your home, and probably plans to kill you, I think the LAST thing on your mind would be "Oh I may accidentally drop the grenade. When danger comes lurking, you got to use danger to stop it.
Like I said, I have used these for months. You can drop them all over the place and they won't go off. You don't keep them "at the ready" because it will damage the striker spring. It only takes 5 seconds to load it.
Using the Rap4 pepper balls? Are you kidding? Some intruder breaks in your home and you have to use a paintball gun to shoot the balls?
Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I love this forum

I need to add something to my last post. When I said we shot the referee, I meant this. In college we played paintball against other Frat houses. We were all friends. If we lost we shot the referee. He knew he would be shot, regardless of who won. This was back in 1980 when all we had was 10 shot pistols and only goggles. It was all fun.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Target Shooter

No need to get hostile. Damn. In regards to 1 of your posts. U did refer to putting ACID in them. That wouldn't work. When u go that far with it. It's not a non lethal self defense
Ryan
Old 07-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,776 Times in 5,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick65 View Post
When someone breaks in your home, and probably plans to kill you,
That's what a 12 gauge is for. A deadly threat deserves nothing less than a deadly response.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I love this forum

No, not hostile, just firm. The scenario using non lethal force filing up the canister is just an idea. I really don't know if the acid would eat the co2 and ruin everything, BUT Acid? yep the strongest acid I could find. It won't kill an intruder but eat his eyes out, melting them right in the room he broke into. I feel no pity for a person who breaks into my home with thoughts of doing harm to me or mine.
I don't want to harm anyone BUT, I will become a savage to save my family. Besides, aren't we just throwing out ideas?
Old 07-05-2014, 08:42 AM

The larger size smoke grenades for paintball are a viable alternative to .mil smoke. Not as good , but workable.

Weaponized " grenades " might open one up to all kinds of ATF trouble.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,647 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick65 View Post
No, not hostile, just firm. The scenario using non lethal force filing up the canister is just an idea. I really don't know if the acid would eat the co2 and ruin everything, BUT Acid? yep the strongest acid I could find. It won't kill an intruder but eat his eyes out, melting them right in the room he broke into. I feel no pity for a person who breaks into my home with thoughts of doing harm to me or mine.
I don't want to harm anyone BUT, I will become a savage to save my family. Besides, aren't we just throwing out ideas?
Yeah...gotta watch that..any LEO on the forum will tell you that deliberately using a home made device whose only intention is to maim and cause permanent disabling injury...is going to get you into a boatload of trouble.

Just stick to a knife or a firearm if you want to get lethal with intruders, a firearm is legal in many States if you are licensed...re-configuring paintball grenades with acid inside is most likely not.
Check your State laws to be sure...or if you really want to be noticed, ask a local cop what he thinks of the idea.
(I already know the answer.)

I like how you avoided killing the animals with the pepper grenade, I heartily endorse that over using a device that would have injured or killed the animals.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:57 PM
I love this forum

Default Took trial and error

I don't like killing anything anymore. Since the Army in 1968, I have a greater respect for living things.
I used to shoot rat shot at dogs, cats and skunks..I have 5 acres way in the woods.
That worked until I saw a couple of weeks later a terrible red infected sore on the same spot that I shot this dog in the butt. He healed, but that ended the rat shot. I watched a paintball match where a fellow threw his grenade filled with paint.
Looked good. Got some. The loud "POP" drove them (dogs etc) away but they came back.
Watched a cop show, where the crooks placed pepper on the trail so the canine wouldn't catch him. Worked, so I tried it. It doesn't seem to be very harmfull, but it does keep them away.

When it comes to intruders, and I have time, and have no way of getting to my arsenal, I doubt any court would convict if I used ...say Muratic acid to stop him.

That's another scenario. What if you killed the intruder? Do you call the cops? Perhaps you should, but consider...First, the cops may try and find some way to indict you. And worse, the relatives will sue you in civil court. And lastly, the family of the deceased might come after you. In the woods there is a feeling of just dragging the guy in the woods and let the dogs,cats, and skunks deal with him. These strange days, we all seem to be between a rock and a hard place.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:01 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,647 Times in 1,748 Posts

Law is mostly pretty clear, but lawyers have muddied the water.
And a lot of judges seem to exist in another dimension completely, where the rules of logic and reason no longer apply.