Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone know about daniels defence? logan b Firearms General Discussion 12 02-27-2013 12:22 AM
self defence in the uk stenwo123 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 28 08-26-2012 05:45 PM
What would you teach? Resqu Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 27 04-11-2012 08:42 AM
Best Defence SurvivalistUK British Isles and ROI 45 02-27-2012 08:40 AM
Self defence...? clinne British Isles and ROI 28 08-30-2010 03:27 PM
Who here can teach? northwoodsdude The Tech Zone 0 08-17-2010 10:52 PM
Imperialist Self-Defence versus the People's Self-Defence bikerdruid General Discussion 196 06-18-2010 12:29 AM
UAV for property defence? :) NY10940 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 01-08-2010 10:55 PM
Urban defence Phil Takken Urban Survival 18 10-24-2007 08:18 PM

Old 03-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,572 Times in 986 Posts

Advertise Here

Play you are going to kiss him. Thumbs in the eyes...bite the Adam's apple. What I taught my girls. Eyes and throat. Eyes and throat.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,015 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny367 View Post
Play you are going to kiss him. Thumbs in the eyes...bite the Adam's apple. What I taught my girls. Eyes and throat. Eyes and throat.
...why would he want to kiss them? If theyre just approaching him and wanting to kiss him, thats attempted murder or assault at best. If hes trying to rape them or something, why would he be making out with them first? If hes assaulting or mugging them, they wont get the opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to TSilant For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,572 Times in 986 Posts

I'm talking about girls getting assaulted by fellers is all. Only a select few will pull off awesome body disabling moves with a few hours of training. If you have no other option, play the moment, then make them hurt. Hurt like no tomorrow! Put your thumbs in their eyes. Punch or bite the throat. It can work for men too. Makes it hard to assault a woman when you cant see, cant breathe and she landed various parts of a leg where it counts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Denny367 For This Useful Post:

Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
What would Mal do

Thanked 7,688 Times in 2,582 Posts

20 hrs...yeah have to agree...enough time for "wax on / wax off"

muscle memory, acceptance of pain, working through fear...

you try to teach someone to "clinch" and all their body wants to do is "flinch"

I guess it'll depend on the right candidate as well...best results in 20 hrs is statistically found to be with skinny jewish boys from new jersey....named Ralph...
Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,486 Times in 8,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
20 hrs...yeah have to agree...enough time for "wax on / wax off"

muscle memory, acceptance of pain, working through fear...

you try to teach someone to "clinch" and all their body wants to do is "flinch"

I guess it'll depend on the right candidate as well...best results in 20 hrs is statistically found to be with skinny jewish boys from new jersey....named Ralph...
Hey Ralph beat Satan. Give the kid some credit.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Hunter

All it needs is to teach where to strike, how to strike!
and the bad attitude to do it first, second and third time!

Each and every fight is different so no single punch/strike/ gouge will work for every occasion!
But everyones anatomy is basicly the same, targets and its location is the same, and one of a few different strikes cover them all!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

Could you be more specific Nightwind? What areas do you consider the best places to strike and how?

I agree with the sad fact that the man who strikes first, often strikes last, but in that case a simple 'sucker punch' to the jaw from anyone with average strength will drop the average man.

Does your system work once the blows have started raining down on you?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 AM
Gitter Done!

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,499 Posts

I have taught self defense for several years. what I did was I picked the most effective moves that any age can do and cover only those moves.

Most of the groups are families of all ages, no younger then 10 and the oldest in their 80s that I have taught. I find the girls pick the moves up fast, especially when they know it may save them from rape or being drug away. They especially like the nut grab and twist method. Haha.

The different methods are simple and effective that all are capable of doing. I left out throws and kicks because not everyone can throw with a disability or if they are injured, some just have back problems. As long as they can move their arms they can defend themselves.

I chose the most effective moves from 7 different types of martial arts. One hit is all it takes, but if they are grabbed from behind they have 3 simple options to get out of the hold and create as much damage to the attacker as possible. Once out they finish the attacker off.

I do spend the first 20 minutes getting them to think seriously about what they would do to save their life or their families life. Are they willing to kill because the attacker is going to try to win and the only thing that may stop that attacker is death. Be willing to kill without regret, its you or them in a combat situation. You become the hunter and make them your prey. Either you win or die trying, because if they win and you surrender the end result may be worse then death with torture, possible rape and torture or watching a loved one get tortured or killed. It is life or death.

With the training I gave them also I explain the huge responsibilty that comes with that knowledge. If they strike a person out of anger when their life was not in danger and the law still exists, they will go to jail. If they get drunk and kill someone, they will go to jail. I simply say, don't put anything into your body that can make you lose control. They are responsible for their own actions.
So far, I have taught over a 1000 people and had great feed back.

Bravotwowhisky, if its hand to hand a quick remedy is punching, chopping or elbow to the neck as hard and as violently as possible. This will either make the other person drop to the ground or they were able to block it and they will step back, either retreating or ready for anothher attack. However, if you feel it is life or death in the balance, you keep moving towards them and hitting for the neck and middle part of their chest just as violently. Each throw either flat palm, a karate chop, elbow or fist should be thrown with your weight behind that throwing arm. To create more damage, twist your fist as it hits the target and this will tear at the skin. That is just one move you can get down in 20 minutes practicing on anything except a human. I have dummies for training. A large punching bag is great to practice on.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Hunter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWhiskyBravo View Post
Could you be more specific Nightwind? What areas do you consider the best places to strike and how?

I agree with the sad fact that the man who strikes first, often strikes last, but in that case a simple 'sucker punch' to the jaw from anyone with average strength will drop the average man.

Does your system work once the blows have started raining down on you?
Depends on how bad your attitude is! if it ain't bad enough cultivate it
Old 04-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwind View Post
Depends on how bad your attitude is! if it ain't bad enough cultivate it
Bad attitude is really only usefull when you are winning.

I am entertained by the idea of bad attitude training. Does it involve puppies?
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,190 Posts

I would teach them how to avoid being hit or grabbed and how to evade an attack. After that how to fall properly and throw a proper straight punch.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR_SLOW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2014, 03:16 PM

well for starters...how to form a proper fist...

If I had very little time and they had very little experience...whatever techniques would do the most damage.
Teach them about the body's soft spots and pressure points, etc. And I would teach some basic form- kicks, punches, etc. that they could practice on their own.
I would bring targets for them to throw a technique at so that they know what it feels like to throw a decent punch or kick.
The Following User Says Thank You to amaryllis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2014, 05:40 PM
... --- ...

Thanked 45,861 Times in 10,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWhiskyBravo View Post
20 hours to teach self defence.
Only 20 hours? There is no other way...............

The Following User Says Thank You to MIL-DOT For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Knowledge is portable...

Thanked 1,449 Times in 605 Posts

Id probably teach proper striking as most others have said. Then Id go into pressure points (mandibular angle, common peroneal, infraorbital, etc.). Those points work on just about everyone. And no one really defends against them as they're not common strike zones.
The Following User Says Thank You to cerberusassoc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusassoc View Post
Id probably teach proper striking as most others have said. Then Id go into pressure points (mandibular angle, common peroneal, infraorbital, etc.). Those points work on just about everyone. And no one really defends against them as they're not common strike zones.
Yeah they do.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Knowledge is portable...

Thanked 1,449 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
Yeah they do.
Sorry, OP. I should have said most people don't defend themselves against pressure point manipulation.

Apparently Australian ninjas do.... Be careful, they're everywhere!
The Following User Says Thank You to cerberusassoc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2014, 04:25 PM

Elbows, knees and teeth are all durable, devastating, and easy to use.

Teach them to not be afraid of being hit, and how to receive those hits properly. This is something everyone struggles with and has to overcome. If they don't, they can freeze up.

Once they enter the sphere of influence, they can end the altercation. If they dance around too much at the edges, they will keep meeting hands and feet.

Don't expect to win a fight based on clever tricks unless you've had time to practice those tricks.

Best option for survival is the escape.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doomsday Machine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 10,647 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmountains View Post
I have taught self defense for several years. what I did was I picked the most effective moves that any age can do and cover only those moves.

Most of the groups are families of all ages, no younger then 10 and the oldest in their 80s that I have taught. I find the girls pick the moves up fast, especially when they know it may save them from rape or being drug away. They especially like the nut grab and twist method. Haha.

The different methods are simple and effective that all are capable of doing. I left out throws and kicks because not everyone can throw with a disability or if they are injured, some just have back problems. As long as they can move their arms they can defend themselves.

I chose the most effective moves from 7 different types of martial arts. One hit is all it takes, but if they are grabbed from behind they have 3 simple options to get out of the hold and create as much damage to the attacker as possible. Once out they finish the attacker off.

I do spend the first 20 minutes getting them to think seriously about what they would do to save their life or their families life. Are they willing to kill because the attacker is going to try to win and the only thing that may stop that attacker is death. Be willing to kill without regret, its you or them in a combat situation. You become the hunter and make them your prey. Either you win or die trying, because if they win and you surrender the end result may be worse then death with torture, possible rape and torture or watching a loved one get tortured or killed. It is life or death.

With the training I gave them also I explain the huge responsibilty that comes with that knowledge. If they strike a person out of anger when their life was not in danger and the law still exists, they will go to jail. If they get drunk and kill someone, they will go to jail. I simply say, don't put anything into your body that can make you lose control. They are responsible for their own actions.
So far, I have taught over a 1000 people and had great feed back.

Bravotwowhisky, if its hand to hand a quick remedy is punching, chopping or elbow to the neck as hard and as violently as possible. This will either make the other person drop to the ground or they were able to block it and they will step back, either retreating or ready for anothher attack. However, if you feel it is life or death in the balance, you keep moving towards them and hitting for the neck and middle part of their chest just as violently. Each throw either flat palm, a karate chop, elbow or fist should be thrown with your weight behind that throwing arm. To create more damage, twist your fist as it hits the target and this will tear at the skin. That is just one move you can get down in 20 minutes practicing on anything except a human. I have dummies for training. A large punching bag is great to practice on.
Do you have a website or some You Tube videos where we can check your stuff out?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't all those pressure points on the head?

A basic boxing guard protects the head.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Sorry, OP. I should have said most people don't defend themselves against pressure point manipulation.

Apparently Australian ninjas do.... Be careful, they're everywhere!
I looked it up and it was like your jaw your knee and your eye socket. All stuff pretty much everybody defends anyway. Because punching and kicking.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post: