Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tough sheriff Arpaio not so tough now strvger General Discussion 131 04-24-2015 04:14 PM
SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO: Our Country Is Under Attack & Obama Is the Aggressor – OssaMAR Political News and Discussion 23 08-27-2014 01:44 PM
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio puts inmates on bread and water for destroying US flag ThinkingBuddha General Discussion 25 02-03-2014 08:14 PM
Explosive device mailed to Sheriff Joe Arpaio intercepted en route escape Political News and Discussion 2 04-12-2013 02:10 PM
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Press Conference today re: Investigation of Obama survivor-alex Political News and Discussion 56 03-02-2012 06:58 PM
Sheriff Arpaio to Endorse Perry MacMarine Political News and Discussion 6 11-29-2011 03:32 AM
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Has 1 Million $ Bounty On head Watchman220 Political News and Discussion 6 08-06-2010 01:21 AM
Support Sheriff Joe Arpaio slowriding General Discussion 4 07-01-2010 06:07 PM
Sheriff Joe Arpaio seafarer Political News and Discussion 33 10-12-2009 03:44 PM
Obama and Napolitano On Witch Hunt for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio ? madcritter Political News and Discussion 7 03-17-2009 08:42 AM

Old 12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic007 View Post
You said it all when you were watching newscasts, liberal media lies. If you want to know a dirty little secret my wife was an illegal when we met. That was 19 years ago and things have changed since then. We paid the fines and went thru the legal avenues to get her citizenship and I have no regrets since she is the most wonderful woman in the world. I am loved accepted by her family and I love them in return. Yes I am a huge hypocrite but it is what it is. Bottom line illegals are draining our system and need to go. Sherriff Joe is not pulling people off the street because they are brown. If you followed criminal arrests in Arizona you would be amazed how many crimes are commited here by illegals. Things are different where you live but you must understand Joe is trying to protect the people of his county.
I guess i dont see where you are a hypocrite here. You went through the system and she is a legal citizen. I have 110% absolutely no problem with her being here. And I am glad your happy!!
SHADOW
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowxdm9 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Truth not Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxdm9 View Post
I guess i dont see where you are a hypocrite here. You went through the system and she is a legal citizen. I have 110% absolutely no problem with her being here. And I am glad your happy!!
SHADOW
Yes I am a hypocrite because some of her family is living here illegaly but I love them with all of my heart. They say that they don't abuse our system by using welfare, food stamps, or medical assistance. One thing I had to point out is my two nieces attend the same school as my children at a cost of about $8000 per year per child. Not knowing english they hold up the educational process for all the other children. Even in our small community we have a lot of non english students that my bilingual children have to assist. Yet I still love my Mexican family but realize that it is wrong for them to live here illegaly. Thanks for your support Shadow.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_McNasty View Post
What i find amusing is that some of the complaints he draws is because the Maricopa inmates wear black & white stripes and pink socks:

The food is bad, the outdoor tents are hot and the rules are tough. Isn't that what prison/jail is supposed to be like?

This is going to be a long, complex witch hunt:
http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/12/16/42326.htm

http://www.arpaio.com/
I agree that prison/jail isn't supposed to be a wonderland, but at the same time, where the hell are human rights? He brags about feeding the inmates for so cheap, yet the food he's feeding them is hardly considered food, they have repeat offenders, it doesn't seem to be working.

I agree that they should not be given clothes to be proud of (i.e. the typical 'orange jumpsuit'), but if you take away everything a man has by embarassing him about the color of his undergarments you create a very hostile environment. I can tell you right now I'd be more likely to get buck if someone made me wear pink skivvys, just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorbanger View Post
Oh heavens no! No air conditioning? No Cable TV?? No college degrees?? No fillet mignon?? Man, that place IS run like a PRISON!
Good sir, have you spent a day in Arizona during the summer?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Truth not Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianOne View Post
I agree that prison/jail isn't supposed to be a wonderland, but at the same time, where the hell are human rights? He brags about feeding the inmates for so cheap, yet the food he's feeding them is hardly considered food, they have repeat offenders, it doesn't seem to be working.

I agree that they should not be given clothes to be proud of (i.e. the typical 'orange jumpsuit'), but if you take away everything a man has by embarassing him about the color of his undergarments you create a very hostile environment. I can tell you right now I'd be more likely to get buck if someone made me wear pink skivvys, just sayin'...

Good sir, have you spent a day in Arizona during the summer?
I live in Arizona and work outdoors all year around as a heavy equipment mechanic. Sorry but my heart is not breaking for them. The idea is to make them despise prison and never want to come back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medic007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic007 View Post
I live in Arizona and work outdoors all year around as a heavy equipment mechanic. Sorry but my heart is not breaking for them. The idea is to make them despise prison and never want to come back.
Then you should know that 120 degree weather is no joke, and when you go home I assume you go to a nice air conditioned home, and not a tent in said heat?

I'm not saying they deserve luxeries, but at the bare minimum treat them like humans, I wouldn't let my dog sleep in this heat, and I certainly wouldn't expect a human to.

Also, Arpaio doesn't run a prison, it's the Maricopa County Jail. There's a difference, we're not talking about murders and the like, we're talking about anyone from writing fraudulent checks to domestic violence, assault, burglary etc.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw

Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,613 Posts

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,441 Times in 9,094 Posts

From what all I have read and heard about the sheriff I like him. One reason some of his views and thoughts that i've heard from him is the way my daddy thought and acted.

Sounds like the one of the family.

GO JOE!
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.