How many of you have a bag fully packed for emergencies? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vacuum-packed coffee arnoldrew Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 8 09-16-2016 02:18 PM
Is your BOB/ INCH fully packed, or is some assembly required? WILL Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 50 01-15-2015 11:40 AM
SB is packed full of liberals now marbro Political News and Discussion 504 10-29-2014 02:27 PM
Have you packed a bible in Your BOB? goliath4407 Religious Discussion 30 07-18-2012 10:27 PM
Why are condoms packed in different quantities? Rockchalk Jokes, Humor & Music 3 02-08-2012 07:09 PM
Mylar with OA VS vacuum packed? 7.62 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 01-01-2012 06:42 PM
Vacuum packed ammo? 7.62 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 23 12-28-2011 11:09 AM
Packed in grease... Afterthefall Military Weapons Forum 27 12-27-2011 08:06 AM
packed tire walls? fred45 Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 3 03-03-2010 01:21 PM
Vacuum packed Pecans Malaz Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 7 12-29-2008 11:34 AM

Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Displaced Texan

Advertise Here

1 vehicle emergency bag.... fully equipped.
Several 3-day / bug out bags.... fully equipped.
1 "shelter-in-place" rubbermaid box..... fully stocked.
1 "shelter-in-place" rubbermaid box for our dogs.... fully stocked.
1 heck of a first-aid kit at home, but fully mobile to grab it and leave with if we need to take it with us. I can perform brain surgery with this thing!
All of our camping equipment is in one spot in the garage, we won't have to search for anything if we need to grab that as well.

It's has all been meticulously and strategically placed for "grab & go" throughout our home. Until this was accomplished, I couldn't sleep at night. Still adding to it when I get a really intelligent tip on something new.

Gotta be prepared for ANYTHING!
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 PM

Always at hand...a M1936 Army Musette bag with essentials(1st Aid/fleece bag/poncho/3 MREs/knife/flashlight/2 water bottles.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:27 AM

I wing it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Wanderer

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,442 Posts

We plan to bug in, and are prepared for long term situations. We have kits in our vehicle that will get us home and are good for about a week travel time. We do keep our camping trailer fully stocked and if necessary we can bug out, ?a BOT?, and will be good for several months. We have had to "bug out" in the past due to forest fires and floods and earthquakes.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Some need BOBs and some need GHBs. I have the latter. Both trucks have supplies as well. I am making GHB survival bottles for friends and family for Xmas this year along with a how to use it video.
The Following User Says Thank You to No Quarter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 AM

I have a survival bag to live in the woods for about 3 days and I have an Adventure Medical Kit Weekender kit. I carry a knife and a flint on my person.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Target Shooter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
Some need BOBs and some need GHBs. I have the latter. Both trucks have supplies as well. I am making GHB survival bottles for friends and family for Xmas this year along with a how to use it video.
That's a very thoughtful idea. Mind if I use it?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjo View Post
That's a very thoughtful idea. Mind if I use it?
Please help your self. I have been fine tuning items to include. My big trial has been with fire starters. They don't all work so well. I'll post it here when I get er done.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 PM

Since we are set up for bugging-in , I carry a single box of get home supplies in my work van.
My range of service calls is rarely over 20 miles, I can make it home in a half an hour.
What I carry is 2 M.R.E.'s. , 1/2 gal of water in summer months (Winter it would freeze)
2 1/2 gals extra gas, set of sweats and wool sox's ( in case I get wet), rain gear and rubber boots, flash light and extra batteries, my old 357 mag and 50 rounds of ammo.
In the summer months I keep a 12 ga. mag in the truck for bear protection.
Have a boosted up side band CB in the truck that has at least a 50 mile range at the worst of times, to call home if there's a problem, plus my cell phone..
..............Alaskan......
Old 08-24-2008, 01:03 PM

Im safe from Tsunamis but are you? Id think about a BOB and a fast run up Mt Marathon if it starts shaking again. Oh yea, don't forget the camera, some great shots could pay to replace your home and a retirement fund when IT hits again.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Default BOB's

I have all my gear in one spot ready to load in my truck.. ammo boxes set, and the 5 firearms ready to go.

Have enough food and water for four for 10 days ...

Each person has a bag of clothing packed and can grab heavy stuff for winter if necessary.

Gerry
Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 AM

I have a Dutch army backpack filled with everything I might need =)
don't have a lot of skills but i'm working on it
Old 10-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Target Shooter

I keep a backpack in my trunk with everything I would need to survive indeffinitly, And some luxury Items like a book and DEET
Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Hunter

I didn't know what a bob was until I came hereBut I do have a large one now,ready to go and water as well.I have some food in it,matches,torch,first-aid,clothing and blankets.I plan on adding to it and making it more useful.But its there nontheless.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:49 AM

As I plan on bugging-in, I have two Bug-In-Bags. One stays in the SUV, along with a small tool box in a Plano carrier with wheels. The other I take to work with me. Since I spend more time at work then anywhere else, these two bags will get me home. I live three miles from work, a relatively short walk if I had to abandon the SUV. Although working on an island in the middle of the Mississippi river does present other problems.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,989 Times in 1,877 Posts

Because it's not good for the sleeping bag or tent poles to always be packed. I have a gear room where I keep all my camping/Bug out(if needed) stuff. Would take less than ten minutes to pack and head out. Of course I'm not in an area that has any hazards that would require or cause an out the door now situation.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Improvise Adapt Overcome!

Thanked 12,127 Times in 5,315 Posts

I don't really have a BOB, but I keep 2 back packs loaded and ready for a trip when i feel the spur of the moment need to go camping.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:08 PM

i have a BOB but it started as an "unexpected camping trip bag" for in my jeep,but now it is geared for a little longer time period and not dependent on me having the jeep.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Hunter/Trapper

I do 3 days of food ammo etc. All the good stuff
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Misfit Toy

Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,048 Posts

I've always carried some sort of bag; be it an overnighter-emergency change of clothing w/toiletries. Just like I never let my fuel deplete less than 3/4 of a tank.

It just makes sense here. If you hit the ditch in a blizzard or a white-out in the winter here you could be on your own without rescue for hours. My wife and I both have extreme cold weather sleeping bags, sportcat propane heaters, UCO candle lanterns, water & food (wife only keeps energy bars where I keep 3-5 days of custom MRE type meals), kitty litter, etc. Basically whatever we'd need to sustain us and keep us from freezing to death until rescue arrives.

I carry my GHB to work, on short-long distance travels. Pretty much goes where I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raven For This Useful Post: