Ron Paul Warns of Dollar Collapse - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dollar Collapse tiberius Financial Forum 69 03-27-2014 11:50 AM
Economist Warns Of Collapse Risk - Life As You Know It Will Be Gone! TAKEZO Financial Forum 12 03-08-2014 08:02 AM
US Dollar Collapse silverandcold Financial Forum 103 10-09-2013 06:31 AM
The Collapse of the Dollar AJNA Financial Forum 8 08-18-2011 06:52 PM
Dollar About To Collapse? tiberius Controversial News and Alternative Politics 17 05-05-2011 04:41 PM
Collapse of the Dollar surfgecko Financial Forum 11 02-28-2011 08:25 PM
Dollar collapse and violence pending says Ron Paul Declan General Discussion 11 10-05-2009 07:16 AM
Ron Paul Warns of Violence from Pending Dollar Crisis FrightenedWolfe Controversial News and Alternative Politics 3 10-03-2009 08:43 PM
Joint Forces Warns of Mexico Collapse m4shadow General Discussion 15 01-15-2009 10:25 PM
CFR warns of US collapse? wvsurvivalist Controversial News and Alternative Politics 16 12-28-2008 12:17 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Trent Rock's Avatar
Trent Rock Trent Rock is offline
The Convicted Audiophile™
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1.529 Miles Above Sea Level (Colorado)
Posts: 4,379
Thanks: 5,376
Thanked 6,083 Times in 2,783 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onealx4 View Post
Im seeing a lot of responses on here and it is very clear some here do not understand how this economy works.
One big turn off for me was Ron Paul would say things like "The Feds have caused past bubbles"or "The Feds have made recessions deeper and more frequent" like it was FACT..and undisputed among economists

He should have said "The Austrian School believes"..."Some economists believe" or something along those lines

When you ask Austrian Schoolers why an 300% in the money supply has resulted in 1.4% headline inflation===>
Their response is "Oh there is inflation, Trent...Mark my words...Have you even been to the grocery store lately? The govt. just LIES....Here is a link to shadowstats.com"
That is a pretty weak explanation to a complex problem...imho
At least the Keynesians have a reason/model=liquidity trap

Ron Paul believes in a heterodox economic school of thought
Strike 1
Mainstream economists don't pay much attention to their beliefs and warnings
American voters know little about economics
They think there is one way of how (or school of thought) "it really works" and that economists never argue and like to play golf together....


If they distrust (mainstream) economists (mostly on their forecasting accuracy)
Why would they elect a president who adheres to economic theories on the fringe of economics academia?
Like ending The Fed and returning to the gold standard
Americans don't want to be macroeconomic theory Guinea pigs...

That is why an Austrian Schooler will never get elected president

(Now you can all go about mumbling under you're breath how "The Keynesians" are a bunch of retards... and Lazy-Boy Fed Chairing ...that may be true...but The Austrian Schoolers are even more retarded...lol)
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
SurvivalDingo SurvivalDingo is offline
Young Adult
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 247
Thanks: 381
Thanked 274 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onealx4 View Post
The banks sitting on the money is a GOOD thing. Most people just chalk the bank up as greedy but I don't see it that way. First, the banks are having their leverage requirements looked at and this means they are hedging against more regulation.
I don't see how they have leverage when there's government subsidies for the banks to keep them afloat.

Quote:
Yes we will have to pay it.
Of course we will, most of the money that the Feds give is not even theirs.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalDingo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 PM
SurvivalDingo SurvivalDingo is offline
Young Adult
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 247
Thanks: 381
Thanked 274 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
For the record I think arming the rebels is a dumb idea. Anyways, we need to be involved in the world and Ron Paul's foreign policy would damage America.
Of course it's a dumb idea! We're giving weapons to our enemies ally! Even then we're supporting the rebels while having the Russians support the Syrian government.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalDingo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 AM
onealx4 onealx4 is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,835
Thanks: 970
Thanked 3,015 Times in 1,032 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalDingo View Post
Of course it's a dumb idea! We're giving weapons to our enemies ally! Even then we're supporting the rebels while having the Russians support the Syrian government.
It never ends well.

If the shoes were reversed and it was the US backing the government and Russia backing rebels, I'd be inclined to think that we would be dragging Russia through the mud for illegally arming civilians in a country where these rebels were already labeled terrorists. We would be upset that big mean Russia is giving weapons to non trained civilians who we know nothing about in an attempt to overthrow the government.

But it's not on the other foot.

We, as a country, need to stop this crap.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onealx4 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 02:02 AM
SurvivalDingo SurvivalDingo is offline
Young Adult
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 247
Thanks: 381
Thanked 274 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onealx4 View Post
It never ends well.

If the shoes were reversed and it was the US backing the government and Russia backing rebels, I'd be inclined to think that we would be dragging Russia through the mud for illegally arming civilians in a country where these rebels were already labeled terrorists. We would be upset that big mean Russia is giving weapons to non trained civilians who we know nothing about in an attempt to overthrow the government.

But it's not on the other foot.

We, as a country, need to stop this crap.
We could, most likely things wouldn't happen because there's no one who will lead this. America needs a strong leader... Oh and about a few mile of rope, to climb out of our hole we're all in.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Steve37's Avatar
Steve37 Steve37 is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: US
Posts: 597
Thanks: 662
Thanked 965 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Rock View Post
So where is the hyperinflation he has been predicting for the last 5 years??
On the CheaperThanDirt website.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve37 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Deo Gratias! Deo Gratias! is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 507
Thanks: 2,847
Thanked 238 Times in 161 Posts
Lightbulb Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalDingo View Post

Thank you
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve37 View Post
On the CheaperThanDirt website.
LMFAO +1111
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Bush-Hawk Bush-Hawk is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: nestled in a valley deep in the Ozarks
Posts: 446
Thanks: 210
Thanked 481 Times in 197 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Rock View Post
One big turn off for me was Ron Paul would say things like "The Feds have caused past bubbles"or "The Feds have made recessions deeper and more frequent" like it was FACT..and undisputed among economists

He should have said "The Austrian School believes"..."Some economists believe" or something along those lines

When you ask Austrian Schoolers why an 300% in the money supply has resulted in 1.4% headline inflation===>
Their response is "Oh there is inflation, Trent...Mark my words...Have you even been to the grocery store lately? The govt. just LIES....Here is a link to shadowstats.com"
That is a pretty weak explanation to a complex problem...imho
At least the Keynesians have a reason/model=liquidity trap

Ron Paul believes in a heterodox economic school of thought
Strike 1
Mainstream economists don't pay much attention to their beliefs and warnings
American voters know little about economics
They think there is one way of how (or school of thought) "it really works" and that economists never argue and like to play golf together....


If they distrust (mainstream) economists (mostly on their forecasting accuracy)
Why would they elect a president who adheres to economic theories on the fringe of economics academia?
Like ending The Fed and returning to the gold standard
Americans don't want to be macroeconomic theory Guinea pigs...

That is why an Austrian Schooler will never get elected president

(Now you can all go about mumbling under you're breath how "The Keynesians" are a bunch of retards... and Lazy-Boy Fed Chairing ...that may be true...but The Austrian Schoolers are even more retarded...lol)
Who did you vote for last election was it Ron Paul or Gary Johnson? Or maybe Romney or Obama ?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 AM
SurvivalDingo SurvivalDingo is offline
Young Adult
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 247
Thanks: 381
Thanked 274 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo Gratias! View Post
Thank you
You're welcome, I guess. This information is pretty easy to find on infowars.com
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 PM
onealx4 onealx4 is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,835
Thanks: 970
Thanked 3,015 Times in 1,032 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush-Hawk View Post
Who did you vote for last election was it Ron Paul or Gary Johnson? Or maybe Romney or Obama ?
I voted for Johnson, the wife cast (her very first vote ever) for Romney. As a matter of fact, she just checked the 'all republican' box whereas me, I go through each candidate. Some republicans, some democrats and some liberals. No party owns me.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to onealx4 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
TekGremlin's Avatar
TekGremlin TekGremlin is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spain / Thailand
Posts: 1,782
Thanks: 13,150
Thanked 3,032 Times in 1,201 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
So you're in favor of sitting around and the let the world tear itself apart?
No we are advocating letting the people most effected develop the solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
How does a destroyed world benefit America? An isolation policy is the worse thing to do.
Your belief that the world will end without US involvement has no basis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
I'm not advocating for involvement in other peoples problems.
Yes you are. Simply saying your not does not make it true.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
But shutting off the rest of the world doesn't make sense.
No one is advocating that. Especially Ron Paul. He is for free trade with all nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
I'm no war monger but if Iran gets nukes it doesn't make the world safer.
Does the US, Israel, China, Russia, having nukes make the world safer. I bet if you lived in Iran you would have a different point of view. Anyway like it or not, eventually every nation on earth will have nuclear capability if they want it, it is the nature of technological advancement, you can't undo knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
Its a complicated issue and no one on these forums knows how to fully handle foreign policy. The US government doesn't even know how.
A) If the Us government does not know how to handle it, why do you advocate they do exactly that. I wouldn't want someone who doesn't understand medicine to give me heart surgery. Why ask an incompetent government to handle such dangerous issues.

B) The use of the word "even" implies you think they have some special ability or knowledge above that of other people. This is dangerous and foolish.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
TekGremlin's Avatar
TekGremlin TekGremlin is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spain / Thailand
Posts: 1,782
Thanks: 13,150
Thanked 3,032 Times in 1,201 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootyhoo View Post
Did he accomplish one freakin thing?
He educated literally millions all around the world including myself. The Ron Paul effect is just starting. 8 years ago how many libertarians did one run into. And now?

I no longer agree with trying to use politics to fix a broken system. I think I have moved past that. However I freely acknowledge it was Ron Paul who started me on my road to a better understanding of freedom.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TekGremlin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGremlin View Post
I no longer agree with trying to use politics to fix a broken system. I think I have moved past that. However I freely acknowledge it was Ron Paul who started me on my road to a better understanding of freedom.
Be very careful what you say in this regard....
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 AM
TekGremlin's Avatar
TekGremlin TekGremlin is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spain / Thailand
Posts: 1,782
Thanks: 13,150
Thanked 3,032 Times in 1,201 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Be very careful what you say in this regard....
Just to Clarify: This is not a reference to violent uprising. I am referring to generational change through raising children smarter than ourselves, education, and through the result of people re-evaluating current models when they collapse under there own inherent dysfunction.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TekGremlin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGremlin View Post
Just to Clarify: This is not a reference to violent uprising. I am referring to generational change through raising children smarter than ourselves, education, and through the result of people re-evaluating current models when they collapse under there own inherent dysfunction.
Ah, there we go. Well said. You know, back in the day some nutcase could say such things as
Quote:
"And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Oh wait, that nutcase was a founding father, and President of the United States...one of the first "domestic terrorists"...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heckler&Coke For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
constitutional crisis, gold, nsa, paul, privacy issues, ron



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net