CO Democrat Doesn't Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Higher capacity magazines for M&P15-22 AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-19-2015 06:30 PM
Just About All Standard Capacity Magazines Banned In Commierado Jungle Work Political News and Discussion 12 03-20-2013 02:13 PM
SureFire high-capacity magazines kev Military Weapons Forum 23 11-09-2012 06:52 PM
It's so basic to me - why doesn't he understand? ShaynaGirl Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 45 04-22-2011 04:31 PM
High-Capacity Magazines Nam62 Military Weapons Forum 18 01-27-2011 10:17 PM
High Capacity Magazines in Michigan ? blueflash Pistol and Revolver Forum 1 12-22-2010 01:00 PM
high capacity magazines carl50 Rifle Forum 3 02-23-2010 09:53 PM
Ruger 10/22 High capacity magazines cupowar Rifle Forum 30 02-17-2010 08:20 PM
Husband doesn't understand Ikesiked Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 37 06-18-2009 02:32 PM
High Capacity Magazines for Ruger 10/22 Wild Eyes Firearms General Discussion 12 11-22-2008 05:57 PM

Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,373 Times in 5,467 Posts

Advertise Here

Imho her mouth should only be opened for one thing!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Target Shooter

i heard on fox news that her spokesman said she meant "clips". so,i guess once your high capacity 30 round stripper clip is used you can throw it away.

also,at feinsteins hearings,connecticut senator blumenthal said that pistol grips on rifles make it deadlier,so lets be careful out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no_ones_fool For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,214 Times in 539 Posts

Is this for real? I am not one to underestimate the level of stupidity among people but I have a hard time believing someone would be that stupid. Did she at least not have a staffer google ammunition magazine and explain it to her?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Stinks like...BO

Thanked 1,792 Times in 567 Posts

I dont now if I should laugh or cry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fido0311 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Inglorious Deplorable

Thanked 33,607 Times in 13,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutter View Post
I won't put her down for not knowing what a magazine is. . .. . snip
I would.

Quote:
However, if you hold the power that she has, you should at least research anything that comes your way so that you can make an informed decision before voting on something that others find important. . . . . snip
I bet she has spent more time at dinner parties backing up her unicorn based position than the average Privates have spent firing an M-16/M-4 preparing for war.

This is not rocket science. It really is not that difficult. Any moron who makes the statements that she has made should be put on everyone's India Lima (Ignore List).

Time to repeal the 17th.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Old Gezzer

Thanked 3,981 Times in 1,575 Posts

CO Dem Doesn't Understand Magazines Can Be Reloaded

Compliments of Colion Noir
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buckfynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Mad Trapper II

Thanked 1,181 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Walker View Post
CO Democrat Doesn't Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded

CO State Rep. Diana DeGette (D) "I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available."

Too stupid to realize magazines can be reloaded.

Congratulations CO you deserve what you voted for. I can say that I'm from Illinois.

Another one that probably thinks Guam will tip over.
I live in Canada. We have a 5/10 rule (5 for standard firearms licences, 10 for restricted). I taught myself how to alter magazines. You just have to remove the pin that restricts the main spring. You can also make magazines from scratch, if you understand oxyacetylene welding.

100% liberal garbage. Refuse to comply and learn how to alter mags. [email protected]#$ them
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Deja Moo

Gee, you would think she was illegally smoking weed... Oh wait...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rlyeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,966 Times in 1,761 Posts

The most intriqing part is tha some time after her initial fuber ( someone must have told her all the shows were laughing at her ), she sends a spokesperson out who says tha the congress ladt did know that the magazine was part of the gun and what she meant to say was "the clips because they don't have a spring". And then a guy calls into glenn becks show to say he is the guy wha lost to the guy that ran against her. He comments on her stupidity and then himself says something ( I can't remember what it was ) of nearing equal stupidity.

Sooooo! how about Colorado, you still going to be just fine?
The Following User Says Thank You to hawg68 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Old Gezzer

Thanked 3,981 Times in 1,575 Posts

Diana Degette Democratic Representative strikes again and tells elderly man he will be dead.

Quote:
Diana DeGette (D-CO) mocked the concerns of a senior citizen who said that his impairments would put him at a significant disadvantage in a firefight under the state's new gun laws. She drew laughs from the crowd when she reminded the questioner that he can take advantage of the Denver Police Department's services. She added that, in the hypothetical situation the questioner described, "you'd probably be dead anyway."

At the Tuesday night forum, the elderly questioner described his unique circumstances and asked DeGette about how he is supposed to defend himself in an extended firefight if he has to change magazines.

DeGette dismissed the questioners concerns. "The good news for you, you live in Denver. The Denver PD would be there within minutes," she said to the laughter of the crowd.

"You'd probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower," DeGette added.

Democratic Rep. Mocks Elderly Man During Gun Control Forum: 'You'd Probably Be Dead Anyway'
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 2,793 Times in 753 Posts

This is only half of her ignorance,
after the fallout from this idiotic statement she issued a correction,

saying of course she had misspoke about the mags, and that she was talking only about CLIPS, not mags, you know, the disposable ones ??????

WTH, over

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3004150/posts

Last edited by TexasHomesteader; 04-07-2013 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasHomesteader For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Location: Oklahoma, Kansas, North Africa, and many in between.

Quote:
I won't put her down for not knowing what a magazine is. If you were brought up in a setting where guns were not around and have never been around them, you could easily not know the nomenclature or what anything having to do with them is about.
I showed my 11 year old nephew-in-law one of the videos. I had to translate for him as English is not his native language. He has never seen a real firearm unless it was in the hands of the gendarmerie, the only time he has seen firearms used is in action movies where they usually do just toss them. Even he thinks she is an idiot because he knows, without me telling him, that you just but more bullets in the thing and stick it back in the gun. At first he thought I had mistranslated because he could not believe she could say something so stupid.
Quote:
Seriously, how long would it to take her to ask a bodyguard of hers, "what exactly is a magazine?" Then again maybe she did and her bodyguard doesn't like her either and got creative on his answer.
I could see that happening because I know people who would do it, myself included. The only problem is none of them are in that position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
I lived in Colorado from around 1990 to 2000, and you need to understand that CO State Rep. Diana DeGette (D) was infamous for her remarkably uninformed remarks regarding gun control even back then. Never one to allow her ignorance on the subject to stop her from announcing her opinions to the media, DeGette possesses the IQ of a Chihuahua.
On behalf of my wifes pet Chihuahua, we are insulted by that comment. Even he is smart enough to know you don't through the dish away, you just put more food in it.

So the line from her spokesperson is so much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freerepublic.com;
“The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism.”
So if I understands her spokesperson correctly the way she was trying to explain how limiting magazine capacity will make us safer is by talking about clips and she just misspoke. But if I substitute the word clips for the word magazines her comments are accurate because a clip "cannot be reused because they don't have a feeding mechanism." If I understand her spokesperson correctly she is still an idiot, because clips CAN be reused. The only way that could be remotely accurate is by admitting that all clips would be banned if the bills, the ones I've read anyway, were enforced to the fullest letter. A clip is a relatively simple piece of metal. I am not the greatest of welders but I think even I can take three five round clips and a welder and have them "be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition".

I also love how she is claiming "the gun lobby takes every opportunity to intimidate, and attempt to silence, anyone who stands up to fight to make our families safer,"The Denver Post. I'm sorry but you said something stupid people are telling you that you said someting stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to spaceghost For This Useful Post: