Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Secession: 1st states, then parts of states, now neighborhoods? zorost General Discussion 11 10-22-2015 06:42 AM
Emergency Broadcasting System - all 50 states Sacajawea General Discussion 24 09-12-2013 07:33 AM
Corporate tax rates in Texas and other states (esp red states) tankman1989 Financial Forum 4 09-08-2013 04:43 PM
Ufo crashes off okinawa. 808Warrior Controversial News and Alternative Politics 4 12-09-2012 09:46 PM
What happens when the Euro Crashes jondoe777 Financial Forum 29 01-12-2012 09:09 PM
The Day After the Dollar Crashes shamgar57 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 30 02-04-2011 10:58 AM
Map of the states - that Lets you see where/what your reciprocal states are NHCraigT Firearms General Discussion 9 04-01-2010 10:57 PM
rural set up for a driveway alarm system and cattle guard combo system hank2222 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 03-27-2010 10:41 PM
If the economy crashes, what happens Malaz Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 03-27-2009 03:14 PM
DOW Crashes 411man General Discussion 12 02-23-2009 09:12 PM

Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,470 Times in 2,041 Posts

Advertise Here

and the hunger deaths of the poor didnt skyrocket?....................sarcasm intended
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMr_RevolutioNx View Post
Im gonna write Mr. Obama and my Ohio Senator until something is done.
Not to be a prick... but lemme know when you hear back from them.

I read a quote somewhere that said, "It's too late to work within the system, but too early to line the bastards up against the wall."
The Following User Says Thank You to SheepishLion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Target Shooter

What you're discussing is what social programs were designed for: a hand UP.

The problem we have is the lifetime use of them when there isn't need. Yes, someone can be disabled and unable to work and needs to subsist on SNAP and other welfare. This is a fact.

You, sir, used them to keep going then became a productive citizen again. The social benefit of you not starving to death is obvious - you're an adult who is willing and able to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twyggy View Post
I was on food stamps. They helped my wife and I out a lot for a year.

I think the difference is, that we got off them when we didn't ABSOLUTELY NEED them. My pride took a pretty big hit going into that office, but, hey we needed them and they helped us. I can't naysay on the program for that.

Nothing is black and white. It's not always lazy people who want "free stuff." Those social programs that you guys all abhor so much still help out well-meaning folks sometimes.

That being said, starving for a day or two builds character. Not many people know what it's like to starve. It's a pretty eye opening experience. Maybe some of these people's eyes will be opened because of this fiasco.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt_Apex View Post
I'm sure that a bunch of people are gonna jump on this and tell me all about how "racist" I am but here goes. The thing that ****es me off is when I have to run into Wal-Mart (not my first choice but they are 24 hrs) and while standing in check out I see a black girl with her hair and nails all done up pull her EBT card out of a Louis Vuitton purse to make her purchase. While she is paying her 5 very sloppily dressed neglected looking kids are running around like a pack of heathans. Then to top it all off, when I am walking to the car I see her load all of her kids into a brand new Lexus with a set of $5,000 22 inch wheels on it.(no child seats in sight with a two year old in the front seat)
Amen Projekt_Apex
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbyf View Post
And the crash transfered trillions from the middle class to the "super-rich". And they are just sitting on it.....
Why would they spend it if all that happens is they get any and all profits taxed to the point they lose money in the endeavor. Higher taxes has and always will cause the"superrich" to sit on money. Why invest money in a market when they will lose it to the government who took no chances, yet reap the rewards taken by others.

I don't blame the super rich foir hording their money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishmafia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmafia View Post
Why would they spend it if all that happens is they get any and all profits taxed to the point they lose money in the endeavor. Higher taxes has and always will cause the"superrich" to sit on money. Why invest money in a market when they will lose it to the government who took no chances, yet reap the rewards taken by others.

I don't blame the super rich foir hording their money.
Neither do I. My old boss who owns a major carpet cleaner product company was telling me that out of the whole last year, he spent less than 30 days in the U.S. He buys up properties around the world to hide his money from the IRS, but it's getting rather tedious playing cat and mouse with the government and his earnings. He plans to change his citizenship and eventually cash in on those properties and assets and retire in Argentina. He used to have investments here, but lately all of his money has gone overseas.

My point is that the problem with taxes is that the people being taxed are smarter than those trying to collect them by a tremendous spread, so you'll never see the money anyways. All that tax hikes really do is drive away investments, bc they have other options abroad. And the rich don't mind taxes so much when they go to build schools and roads. But when they're spent to drive up labor costs through welfare financing people capable of work, or finance the clowns in office to go play empire around the world, it really ****es them off and you'll probably never see a dime from them.

Just look at the UK and their tax hikes. The rich either hid their money or went abroad, and the government collected less overall, even though the taxes were higher.
The Following User Says Thank You to topsoldier1982 For This Useful Post: