Rich Hedge Funders Prepare for Apocalypse - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seth Rich ***Merge Thread*** All discussions merged here Re3UBCS Political News and Discussion 193 11-15-2017 11:34 AM

Old 07-25-2018, 01:34 PM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,168 Times in 3,591 Posts
Default Rich Hedge Funders Prepare for Apocalypse

Advertise Here

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...sm-singularity

***After a bit of small talk, I realized they had no interest in the information I had prepared about the future of technology. They had come with questions of their own...Which region will be less affected by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked: “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the Event?”

The Event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, unstoppable virus, or Mr Robot hack that takes everything down.***

super-rich prep stuff
(mentioned on Rush Limbaugh)

how do I keep my security staff under control after teotwawki? I ask myself that.

***That’s when it hit me: at least as far as these gentlemen were concerned, this was a talk about the future of technology. Taking their cue from Elon Musk colonizing Mars, Peter Thiel reversing the ageing process, or Sam Altman and Ray Kurzweil uploading their minds into supercomputers, they were preparing for a digital future that had a whole lot less to do with making the world a better place than it did with transcending the human condition altogether and insulating themselves from a very real and present danger of climate change, rising sea levels, mass migrations, global pandemics, nativist panic, and resource depletion. For them, the future of technology is really about just one thing: escape.***

well if the super-rich are prepping, maybe it will filter down to the mainstream.

Last edited by Sailorsam; 07-25-2018 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: add content
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 06:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,573 Times in 772 Posts

Just like the movie, only the rich will board the super boat and ride out the fiery flood about to destroy everything. Why? Because they can afford to pay for it! Everyone else can fend for themselves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MEGAHAMMER For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 06:52 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 21,679 Times in 8,177 Posts

I noticed the guy didn't provide answers to the question "How do I keep my security people loyal (when money is no good)?"

I'm thinking the guy/gal that gets to the fully stocked bunker first is locking the door - money is no good.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:

Old 07-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,041 Times in 509 Posts

The rich will board the super boat while us poor folk board the fema bus
How to keep the security people loyal? Give them a piece of the spoils from time to time,
The Following User Says Thank You to browningv308 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Prepared

Got to come out sometime, and what they find, who knows. I would think the guards would have a hand up on things, with the firepower they would need, to fend off the hoards wanting in, and like you say, first one in would be hard to get back out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wis Tom For This Useful Post: