Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Reid On Funding Childrens Cancer Treatment: "Why Would We Want To Do That?" Eduardo89 Political News and Discussion 21 10-03-2013 11:13 AM
Marijuana in treatment of aggressive cancer strains txmikenlisa1 Health, Fitness and First Aid 2 10-02-2012 04:18 PM
Survival Medicine Burn Treatment NurseAmyDrBones Health, Fitness and First Aid 3 04-04-2012 08:19 PM
Calcium Hypochlorite for water purification and CANCER treatment... Amazing research! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 10-12-2011 08:29 PM
U.S. Air Force Pilots Survival Knife Leather Oil Treatment Sgt. Sparky Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 16 09-28-2011 08:56 AM
The Cancer Treatment So Successful - Traditional Doctors SHUT it Down KawiGreen Health, Fitness and First Aid 55 09-23-2011 12:51 PM
capsaicin cancer treatment ..... NYC-Marty Health, Fitness and First Aid 23 06-02-2010 08:30 AM
New study suggest that being pregnant after breast cancer treatment is good for you Brad in Seattle Ladies Section 2 04-01-2010 10:13 PM
Skin Cancer Vanishes With Experimental Treatment awildchipmunk General Discussion 0 06-26-2008 05:20 AM

Old 05-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Hiker

Advertise Here

I applaud you and the info you have posted. I also have great sympathy for what you have been through.

Without going into too much detail and offending you or someone else, I just want to point out to other readers that there are many different types of cancer. All requiring different treatments with varying degrees of success, and all having a different effect on your life (or lack therof). This post, if written by somone suffering from terminal lung cancer or a grade 3 brain tumor, would read much different.

I know what you went through was not easy. I am not attempting to belittle you in any way. I just want to make sure that others realize it isn't all rainbows and sunshine regardless of how hard you fight.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,674 Times in 7,840 Posts

I doubt Happy thought it was rainbows and sunshine. We lost her, you know...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedofl33t For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2013, 09:23 AM

on May 9th 2013.. I was given the news that I had Left breast cancer that had spread to my L lung, spine & thyroid.. ER+ stage IV..my oncologist could not believe I was still working ( I am a registered nurse) and that I was only taking advil for the pain (twice a day)..My oncologist tells me he is using me as a case study for the md students he is training. I tell everyone I am LIVING WITH CANCER NOT DYING WITH CANCER...I am gaining weight and according to everyone who knows me I look better now than before I was diagnoised. If my days are numbered so what!! WE ALL are living on borrowed time.. and I will not spend mine worring, afraid and anxious. See I feel like I am in a win--win situation.. If I go into remission then its a win.. If I die I am going to heaven so see it's a WIN.. I am not afraid to die.. we must all die and that is a fact.. No life is not a rainbow but, there is hope, faith, and love.. If you don't believe in GOD then don't read my post any further... 4 years ago my husband had a stroke..and was unable to work. like everyone we owed 2 paychecks.. and I had to work 2 full time jobs for 3 years..thats how long it took him to get his social security..YEAH for our great system..LOL...I vowed I would never owe anyone any money again...I paid off the house, saved money, paid off the cars and got us debt free and also started a food stock & some cash to fall back on. God laid on my heart to stock, stock, prepare. prepare.. NOW I see why.. I am unable to work due to my cancer and am trying to get my social security disability (lets see which one comes first my disability check or my death !!) See I did not know why GOD laid on my heart & mind to prepare for hard times but, now I am secure in that we have at least 2 years food supply and 8 months of my salary put up !!! So don't just look at something bad may happen with the economy..It can be a situation at home..so to everyone keep preparing!!!! STOCK, STOCK AND MORE STOCK..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ounoit2 For This Useful Post:

Old 02-03-2014, 12:57 AM

great post
Old 02-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Trapper

I've been reading about the metabolic theory of cancer. Most cancer research goes toward the genetic theory. The metabolic theory, while less flashy and money making, seems to hold some promise. The theory began with the work of researcher Otto Warburg. He won a noble prize for his discovery that most cancers rely upon sugars to fuel growth. Today professor Thomas Seyfried, along with a few others, has continued this line of work. I thought this a nice interview of professor Seyfried concerning the treatment of cancer and the role intermittent fasting and a Ketogenic diet, along with medications, can bring.

"The Benefits of a Ketogenic Diet and Its Role in Cancer Treatment"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-benefits.aspx
Old 04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Trapper

Found this to be an interesting article about taking simple baking soda, in conjunction with chemo treatment, and improved diet to treat cancer. The University of Arizona is looking further into this idea.

"Truth About Cancer And Baking Soda"

http://www.alsearsmd.com/2015/04/tru...d-baking-soda/
Old 04-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,770 Times in 2,487 Posts

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am also a survivor of breast cancer. I had a yr of chemo along with Herceptin (an antibody). When the chemo was done I continued the Herceptin 1X every 3 weeks for 3 months. Everyone reacts to the effects of Chemo differently. I only had 3 episodes of day long nausea throughout my treatment but could not believe how cancer and treatment played havoc on my whole body. I lost my hair (no big thing). I got neuropathy in my feet and hands. Left foot all numb, right one toes only. Finger tips in both hands tingel. My heart, bowels and thyroid affected.About 3/4 way through Chemo I was to start radiation and lo and behold I fell and broke my hip. This put me in a 30 day residential facility for 30 days and interrupted my tx till I got home. Had a talk with my oncologist after hip surgery and he told me that if he thought this would hinder my recovery he would definitely let me know. I continued with my TX and completed radiation. My last tx was 2/3/15 and I have had 2 PET scans come back negative. I still have numbness and they said it may or may not go away. My hair is growing back. I wore a wig just on special occasions when going out. My heart. bowels etc have all gone back to normal. The only meds I am on is a blood pressure and thyroid pill daily. I feel that my recovery was the result of an excellent Oncologist and the many prayers from friends and family. My Oncologist could not believe the recovery I made as I had a very complicated case which I will not detail at this time. G
Old 04-24-2015, 10:47 AM

You are a true Survivor - they may call us preppers, survivalists or what ever label the rest of society wants use, it doe's not matter because we all share one similar mind set and that is to survive what ever comes out way.

Congratulations and all of you who have fought the good fight (Win or Loose) you are a true inspiration to us. My mother, brother and niece are all also survivors also in the great fight for life against one of the most vicious evils that plagues our society today - Cancer.

Thank you for your true words of wisdom that you shared.

It is just my humble opinion: we, as a group, are the people that refuse to give up and let others steer the car for us. We all know that fate may impact what happens to us, yet we will not let fate determine our out come.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:04 PM
Trapper

I posted earlier a few articles on the potential benefit of fighting cancers with a ketogenic diet along with intermittent fasting.

Along similar lines, there is a substance that is inexpensive, around .70 cents a day that is apparently easy to use, has few side effects and is thought to work in a similar manner as the ketogenic diet. It is called 3 Bromopyruvate (3-BP). It is a substance that has been known for awhile to be effective in curing animals of many types of cancers. Not that many humans have tried it, but of the few that have, good results have been seen. I saw recently that a hospital in AZ has begun offering 3-BP as a treatment. I'm hoping it works out for the patients that opt to try it.

More about 3-BP can be read at:

"Dr. Peter Pedersen Explaining the Promise of 3-BP"

http://www.singlecausesinglecure.org...omise-of-3-bp/

& more information on it, with references to a New York Times article, and a Baltimore Sun newspaper write up.

http://www.resveratrolnews.com/cancer-cured-again/1077/

& the hospital now offering 3-BP can be read about here.

http://www.dayspringcancerclinic.com...cancer-clinic/
The Following User Says Thank You to Tea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 PM
Trapper

I thought this a nice read about a Professor that overcame breast cancer with diet. The main topic of the book revolves around how the Professor began avoiding all milk products and after doing so her cancer went away. She then begins presenting theories on why that might have happened.

Your Life in Your Hands: Understand, Prevent and Overcome Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer

https://www.amazon.com/Your-Life-Han...s=plant+cancer
The Following User Says Thank You to Tea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2018, 06:43 AM
Trapper

"Give up dairy to beat cancer': Leading scientist given just months to live changes her diet and is still alive nearly 20 years later"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ars-later.html
Old 07-10-2018, 02:23 PM
Trapper

I'm currently reading a book about how some studies have found tight clothing can cause cancer. The theory on why that is has to do with tight clothing hurting circulation, which then might limit the bodies ability to remove toxins from that area of the body, which results in the development of cancer.

The book is also about what happened to the author when she stopped wearing a bra, after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

Dressed to Kill―Second Edition: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

n 1995 the first edition of Dressed to Kill: The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras revealed the disturbing results of a study that showed a notable correlation between the wearing of bras and the incidence of breast cancer. The women studied who wore bras 24 hours a day were 125 times more likely to have breast cancer compared to bra-free women.....