Petition for national security - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal court halts TrumpĚs immigration ban Unbelievable Political News and Discussion 1153 11-12-2017 04:57 AM
Scavenger loadout GwinnettGA$urvivor Urban Survival 47 09-14-2017 09:37 PM
Security safes sixtus Urban Survival 19 06-19-2017 04:09 AM
North Dakota Pipeline Protests Altarboy General Discussion 395 03-08-2017 08:42 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 10:18 AM
hoosierhillbilly hoosierhillbilly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Thanks: 27
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I think you need to review what you wrote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpaw120 View Post
We have the largest pockets of liberals grouped on the west coast and northeast, and you want to move them to the heartland? No, I don't think so.

Here was (although not quoted) my response to Pawpaw120-

"Our country doesn't need to be ran by looney liberals any longer. The heartland is EXACTLY where our capital should be. Misery loves company and the DC area is about as miserable as it can get anymore. Liberals aren't going to move to the heartland because the capital is there. And if they do, maybe they would soon realize that their twisted views are only popular in their circles, not the way the rest of the country feels. Exactly the reason Trump was elected POTUS."

And now here is your lesson in reading comprehension JoJo:
Our political world is as has been by "looney liberals", not liberals in general, they make a fair balance to the conservatives. They are not the majority, not even close, hence the reason I never said anything about "so many" of them.

When I stated "Liberals aren't going to move to the heartland because the capital is there.", I did not mean that liberals ARE NOT going to move to the heartland! (Why you ask?) Beacause the capital is there of course! Maybe it should have been written as, "Liberals are not going to move to the heartland [just because] the capital is there." The [just because] was inferred (look that one up). What that means is that there would not be a massive influx of liberal population to the new capital any more than there would be of conservatives. Obviously both "sides" would have their own reasons for moving there: jobs, lobbyist groups, etc. None, and EXACTLY NONE, of that, infers, by any stretch of the imagination, that it would keep liberals out of government. Touche?
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2017, 11:09 AM
hoosierhillbilly hoosierhillbilly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Thanks: 27
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theojt View Post
So many reasons this is a bad idea - redistricting, insufficient infrastructure, insufficient airfields, what about the monuments that have been associated with our government since it's inception? It's a really, really long list of considerations.

But if you are concerned about the security of our government, why would you suggest putting it so close to the 2nd largest fault line in the country (New Madrid Fault Line)?
First, Kansas City is the on the opposite corner of the state from the "epicenter" of the New Madrid fault line. Look at the maps and you'll see that damage in the KC area would be insignificant at worst to most likely non-existent. So, with that out of the way.

The KC area is not "Mayberry", with over 2 million people already in the metropolitan area. The Missouri River provides mucho MW of hydroelectric power to the area already. Yes, buildings, airfields, etc. would have to be built. The monuments that pay homage to our government do not HAVE to be located in the capital (think Mt. Rushmore). And Washington D.C. would make a great tourist attraction as a bona fide national park.

There are OBVIOUSLY really long lists of considerations, as with any major undertaking. I'm sure there was more than just a little push back, along with the "That's the stupidest %#*!ing idea I've ever heard"'s when someone decided we should try to go to the moon too.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2017, 05:50 PM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,602
Thanks: 25,994
Thanked 52,660 Times in 18,426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
MY OP-
"Listen everybody, your town square isn't the middle of town anymore. Our nation's capital has NO business being on the eastern seaboard next to an ocean. I just started a petition on the White House website to move the nation's capital to the middle of the country, near Kansas City, Missouri...specifically- Independence, Missouri (fitting, huh?) We need 100,000 signatures within 30 days for a response from the White House. Besides being a bolster to national security, it will create thousands of jobs and boost our economy. Please sign the petition and pass the link on. Thanks."
Since when is it a rule that capitals be in the center of the area they govern?

Is your county seat dead center in your county? Or your state capital dead center of your state?

Go pull up a world map and look at other nations. Is London dead center of England? Tokyo dead center of Japan? Moscow dead center of Russia? Lagos dead center of Nigeria? Cairo dead center of Egypt? Athens dead center of Greece? Rome dead center of Italy? Helsinki dead center of Finland? Old nations with powerful history and no need for moving the capital to the center.

Here is the reality. 80+ percent of the world's lives within 100 miles of a shoreline. Most of the rest happen on major river junctions. What determines places of population relates almost exclusively to the availability of water and water traffic.

Moving capitals to geographic centers is almost always an act of hubris by a new nation's founders.

Spending tax dollars to build an artificial palace.

The premise of placing capitals at the center of a nation is completely flawed, especially in an age when there is no truly safe place to put them in the age of ICBM's.

Your premise is built on a house of cards and one of the keystone cards at the bottom of the stack is wrong. Remove it and it all comes tumbling down.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 06:05 PM
The Old Coach The Old Coach is offline
Militant Normal
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Western West Virginia
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 2,381
Thanked 16,616 Times in 5,691 Posts
Default

Brazil actually did this in the 1950s. How did it work out?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 06:08 PM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,602
Thanks: 25,994
Thanked 52,660 Times in 18,426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
Brazil actually did this in the 1950s. How did it work out?
It's an ugly cesspool full of narco crime and cops that look like paramilitary.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 07:15 PM
The Old Coach The Old Coach is offline
Militant Normal
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Western West Virginia
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 2,381
Thanked 16,616 Times in 5,691 Posts
Default

And it has no other economic reason to exist. Totally dependent on the government. A Socialist's Dream World!

....(urk! What am I saying? Washington DC is exactly the same way. It's the Brasilia experiment at 200 years old.)
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 11:36 PM
zumhug's Avatar
zumhug zumhug is offline
Support the 2A
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 2,220
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,451 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
Totally out of context. Fake news at its finest. Again, nice try. Take a remedial course in reading comprehension and come back and play again sometime.
You're picking a fight you cant win; you hada bad argument by design. Your own words are being used to condemn your argument and Jojo is way smarter than you...
Case in point -
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
Our political world is as has been
I came into see a reasonable discussion and what I've witnessed is a poster who's intent is to not fight for his position but discredit posters who disagree with him.

Problem is, everyone disagrees and the best you can do is argue about a poorly worded post.
Touche?
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2017, 12:07 AM
hoosierhillbilly hoosierhillbilly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Thanks: 27
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
You're picking a fight you cant win; you hada bad argument by design. Your own words are being used to condemn your argument and Jojo is way smarter than you...
Case in point -


I came into see a reasonable discussion and what I've witnessed is a poster who's intent is to not fight for his position but discredit posters who disagree with him.

Problem is, everyone disagrees and the best you can do is argue about a poorly worded post.
Touche?
First of all, I'm not picking a fight. I posted my opinion on a subject. The majority of the people I interact with everyday are not the most forward of thinkers. I wouldn't expect much more here.

Secondly, my words are not being used to condemn my argument, when, in fact, I made no argument to begin with. Again, I posted my opinion, not a retort to someone else's.

Thirdly, there is no case in point. This isn't grammar school, the international spelling bee, nor the world's best and fastest typist contest. Using a quote that says "is as has been" as your "case in point" is a very "I GOT YA!" way of saying absolutely nothing of value. As I reread the text you quoted, it seems as those I was saying something along the lines of "is, and has been" or perhaps "has been", but obviously as I changed my thoughts, I deleted part of the text, possibly was distracted, and missed a couple letters or a word? As it is, while I was looking for the quote in question, I found in an earlier post where I had typed "Is their a perfect solution?". The word should have been "there" not "their". Can we deduce by your logic that because you didn't catch that one in your quest to discredit me based upon perfect grammar and typing that I , in fact, am smarter than you?

Which brings me to...

You state that Jojo is "way smarter" than me. Based on what? You didn't say probably. You state it as fact. So, again, based on what? Although he MAY be, I highly doubt it. But, I don't know Jojo, so I couldn't say for sure. We could compare IQ's and other standardized test scores. If he outscored me in those regards I would be sufficiently impressed. But those are far from the only way to measure a persons intelligence.

Again, I didn't come here to start a fight. I voiced an opinion. I too would have like to have seen a reasonable discussion. But, with the exception of a couple of replies that offered some good insight or facts, all I've seen is mostly child like retorts that simply state that their OPINION is right and mine is wrong. You say "Problem is, everyone disagrees and the best you can do is argue about a poorly worded post." For one, there is no "problem". Secondly, not everyone disagrees. And thirdly, arguing about a "poorly worded" post is not even close to the best I can do. Consequently, the "post" was not poorly worded. What you were referring to was a "reply". I've wasted enough of my time so I won't go any further for you.

Anybody have anything constructive to add?
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2017, 12:12 AM
hoosierhillbilly hoosierhillbilly is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Thanks: 27
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Oops, should have been "person's" intelligence. Missed an apostrophe. Gotta go! I hear the grammar police sirens!

*YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME YOU TEXTBOOK WIELDING PIGS!*
(gunshots heard in background- POW POW POW)
*COME AND GET ME COPPERS!*
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2017, 02:33 AM
IamZeke's Avatar
IamZeke IamZeke is offline
Beer Truck Door Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 25,602
Thanks: 25,994
Thanked 52,660 Times in 18,426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
The majority of the people I interact with everyday are not the most forward of thinkers. I wouldn't expect much more here.
Sorry to tell you that many preppers here have advanced education, high skill professions, read the great literature and philosophers, and hold great responsibility in life. Doctors, police, engineers, lawyers, scientists, technicians, project managers, military officers, university professors, published writers, and the odd physics expert here and there.

Assuming we are a regressive lot means you made assumptions about us without taking the time to learn where you actually are.

Worse is assuming that the majority conservative crowd is a bunch of morons.

Conservatives typically stand up here when the few liberals here chose to tear into someone. You may not know the membership here (your fault) but when the liberal types tore into you on the first page, the majority conservatives here just stood back and let them keep hacking at you. We left you to the wolves, in other words.

Why? Because a self styled conservative with crackpot ideas and no common sense doesn't help the cause.

Hell, we'd love it if you got mad and decided to become a liberal to spite us. Let them carry your dead weight.

Go back to those you regularly hang out with. They are more your speed.
__________________
Need more info? Try this:

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Nomad, 2nd Nomad, 2nd is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gulf coast and/or Nomadically
Posts: 28,025
Thanks: 23,393
Thanked 56,264 Times in 18,372 Posts
Default

Zeke: I have just one thing to add to your statement:


"Crack is WACK YO!!!"

This concludes our announcement.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 07:30 AM
17Oaks's Avatar
17Oaks 17Oaks is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South TEXAS
Posts: 1,830
Thanks: 2,413
Thanked 3,500 Times in 1,261 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
First, Kansas City is the on the opposite corner of the state from the "epicenter" of the New Madrid fault line. Look at the maps and you'll see that damage in the KC area would be insignificant at worst to most likely non-existent. So, with that out of the way.

The KC area is not "Mayberry", with over 2 million people already in the metropolitan area. The Missouri River provides mucho MW of hydroelectric power to the area already. Yes, buildings, airfields, etc. would have to be built. The monuments that pay homage to our government do not HAVE to be located in the capital (think Mt. Rushmore). And Washington D.C. would make a great tourist attraction as a bona fide national park.

There are OBVIOUSLY really long lists of considerations, as with any major undertaking. I'm sure there was more than just a little push back, along with the "That's the stupidest %#*!ing idea I've ever heard"'s when someone decided we should try to go to the moon too.
To be honest, when I first read this at post1 I thought it was a joke, but as time has gone by we the readers have come to find out its not and that in fact your are serious about it, none of which makes it any less comical. From there is just continues to spiral downhill, you justification is no justification.

I have some REALLY bad news for you, submarine nukes have a range greater than a few miles. If you thinking is putting HQ & HQ USA in BumChuck Mo is a "safe' thing you either underestimate our enemies or you simply do not know their capabilities.

Ok so that idea is a fail!

Gonna create jobs: Economics is not your strong suite it looks like. Sure it creates jobs. First these jobs are not needed, secondly they are only temp in nature. If this is how you create jobs and boost the economy, why not start moving all the time, lets move the govt to BumChuck, then to BoonieVille, ND, then on to Cut 'n Shoot Tex, heck lets move everybody and we will have a booming economy...ya think?

You clearly have a lot and I mean a LOT of time on your hands and there are ton of opportunities where you can make a real contribution, you may want to pursue those rather than come up with ideas that look like they came from a mind that needs some fresh air and sunlight and maybe even a shot of Clorox instead of what ever you are now drinking.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 17Oaks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2017, 10:58 PM
zumhug's Avatar
zumhug zumhug is offline
Support the 2A
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 2,220
Thanks: 5,480
Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,451 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Sorry to tell you that many preppers here have advanced education, high skill professions, read the great literature and philosophers, and hold great responsibility in life. Doctors, police, engineers, lawyers, scientists, technicians, project managers, military officers, university professors, published writers, and the odd physics expert here and there.

Assuming we are a regressive lot means you made assumptions about us without taking the time to learn where you actually are.

Worse is assuming that the majority conservative crowd is a bunch of morons.

Conservatives typically stand up here when the few liberals here chose to tear into someone. You may not know the membership here (your fault) but when the liberal types tore into you on the first page, the majority conservatives here just stood back and let them keep hacking at you. We left you to the wolves, in other words.

Why? Because a self styled conservative with crackpot ideas and no common sense doesn't help the cause.

Hell, we'd love it if you got mad and decided to become a liberal to spite us. Let them carry your dead weight.

Go back to those you regularly hang out with. They are more your speed.
I love when you rip into someone...Not me of course, I've been on the mild end of that stick however, reading your stuff here...FUN!

To the OP, if you didn't come here to start a fight after the first few comments didn't go your way you sure tried. It was bad, to begin with and got worse. Take it from Zeke, there's a lot to learn about the folks on this forum.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
build the wall, economy, jobs, make america great again, national security, nuclear war, president, shtf, survival, teotwawki, trump



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net