Fixed blade concealed carry? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Fixed blade for defense ( blade under 4" ) BUSHER Knives, Swords & Axes 55 01-18-2017 11:44 AM
Concealed - Fiction novel about concealed carry and prepping J.McDonald Knives Books, Movies & Stories 7 05-12-2016 02:58 PM
Fixed blade necessary? Niel D'Young Knives, Swords & Axes 70 01-20-2015 05:58 PM
Do you need a fixed blade? Z2K Knives, Swords & Axes 48 07-01-2013 09:22 PM
fixed blade and gun carry Rand McNally Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 41 04-08-2013 01:18 PM
Anyone carry a fixed blade knife for EDC? talshiar Knives, Swords & Axes 50 02-10-2012 01:09 AM
Fixed blade by the #'$ RedTail Knives, Swords & Axes 33 09-19-2011 03:55 PM
Looking for a fixed blade EDC Matamus Knives, Swords & Axes 16 04-28-2011 04:40 PM
What do you use your fixed-blade for? lewiada Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 24 10-20-2009 11:42 PM
fixed blade carry laws spenceNC Knives, Swords & Axes 9 09-03-2008 01:23 AM

Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Deus exsisto laus

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,363 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekHer View Post

It was voted and passed in house therefore legal--If you don't care for the legislation then protest it via groups like the NRA, RKBA, JPFO, GOA, etc...If you live there there then either become an outlaw, grin and bear it or effing move.
I certainly don't disagree w/ anything you said. From what I've seen of Kalifornia, protest is all the People can do, since the courts there strike down the People's vote / voice with regular abandon. TP
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma_1000 View Post
what about sitting down? thats where i usually have a problem with my conceal carry - you might get a glimpse of the barrel at certain angles.

i have been trying to devise a way to CC a kabar, and thought about how you have your knife positioned. but again, my concern is shirt bulging if i were sitting down.
Sitting can be a problem from time to time. About the only time sitting exposes my knife or holster is when I am in the saddle. When riding the HD my body position when I have my feet up on the highway bars CAN expose the knife. It all depends on how I position myself on the seat. If I slide as far back as I can it exposes the knife, but if I slide up a little closer to the tank all is well.
One thing you must keep in mind is that a biker jacket is not all that long. If you wear a regular jacket there is a good chance that it has a longer tail than the leather I wear.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Does anyone use a shoulder rig for vertical carry? That really what i'm leaning towards. Solves the sitting problem, but its a bit more hassel to put on and adjust. I remember seeing a website that made those type of rigs but cant remember who made it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,446 Times in 4,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckcoyote View Post
Does anyone use a shoulder rig for vertical carry? That really what i'm leaning towards. Solves the sitting problem, but its a bit more hassel to put on and adjust. I remember seeing a website that made those type of rigs but cant remember who made it.
CRKT. Bud Nealy and a few others I can't remember as well...There was the guy from the Crocodile Dundee movies who made the back sheath for the bowie.

Any leatherworker, holster, sheath, saddle maker can make you a rig.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Veteran 11BC2/EOD

Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,021 Posts

Depending on which model sheath you have with your Nimravus will decide how you carry it. I have a first model with the metal boot clip on the side. I carried it for years in the front of my pants behind my belt and it was fast. The newer models are classic crap sheaths makers ship as an afterthought. I hate the things. I also carry a full size Gerber combat knife behind my back, inside the belt on the strong side. I had the sheath custom made and its fine for my body type, if you are portly or dont know how to dress for carrying a weapon you may have issues

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to PLA For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM

I have the new nylon sheath. But would def upgrade to kydex for a new carry rig.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Cat-dad

not concealed carry really but I usually have an ESEE Izula in my bag...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekHer View Post
Horse piddle!

It was voted and passed in house therefore legal--If you don't care for the legislation then protest it via groups like the NRA, RKBA, JPFO, GOA, etc...If you live there there then either become an outlaw, grin and bear it or effing move.

The 2nd Amendment does not cover knives! You got a problem with that then join AKTI or KnifeRights.org for action against stupid knife laws such as when they lately successfully defeated the US Custom claim of AO knives being switchblades.

Then you had better be starting to harp against Mass, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco etc who have basically told SCOTUS to go screw themselves.
No, the Constitution states "right to keep and bear arms", didn't say firearms, muskets, cains, baseball bats, it states arms which means all the above. Better learn about your country and your rights or you'll loose both.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,896 Times in 4,198 Posts

I've carried smaller fixed blades with a MercHarness...simple 550 cord, figure-8 harness and a decent Kydex sheath rentention. I've been carrying a Mad Dog PATAK that has 5" blade for the past 12 years or so on the belt (vertical) when in uniform the BDU/ACU/OCP shirts cover it well.

Another options I've been toying with are the horizontal sheaths for cross-draw...carried in the front. It's less concealed with some of my outdoors knives, but I have a nice little Ka Bar (small) TDI with a kydex sheath for fast access.

What I like about the Merc-Harness is that it's easy to access when seated.

ROCK6
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
I've carried smaller fixed blades with a MercHarness...simple 550 cord, figure-8 harness and a decent Kydex sheath rentention. I've been carrying a Mad Dog PATAK that has 5" blade for the past 12 years or so on the belt (vertical) when in uniform the BDU/ACU/OCP shirts cover it well.

Another options I've been toying with are the horizontal sheaths for cross-draw...carried in the front. It's less concealed with some of my outdoors knives, but I have a nice little Ka Bar (small) TDI with a kydex sheath for fast access.

What I like about the Merc-Harness is that it's easy to access when seated.

ROCK6
Yea i like the horizontal cross draw idea.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:29 PM

For self defense I carry a fixed blade karambit in a vertical sheath on the back right of my belt.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM

In MO you can open or conceal as long as the blade is less than 4 inches.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Trapper

4" and over has to be open carried to be legal in most juristrictions.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,058 Times in 7,442 Posts

In California you do not ever get the option of carrying any weapon.
we have no right to protect ourselves because we voted Democrat so we could get free money.

Hell our Governor just signed 5 anti gun laws into law but vetoed a 6th bill and all anyone is talking about is that he vetoed one. nobody is talking about the 5 he signed
Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,826 Times in 668 Posts

In Texas the length is up to 5 1/2 inches, fixed or folding. The legislature also opened up switch blades to everyone the last session so you can do just about anything with that except a two edged blade.