Most gun friendly state(s)?? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC bill aims to prove state gun-friendly through NRA curriculum in schools cnpiso Political News and Discussion 11 02-18-2015 09:53 PM
Vehicle Safe For Firearm In Non-Gun-Friendly State Ruination Firearms General Discussion 10 01-21-2014 11:38 AM
Earth-Friendly Homes Not So Friendly For Bankers Pixelguy General Discussion 11 07-04-2013 09:09 AM
TSA friendly BOB superflux Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 12-27-2012 09:48 AM
A friendly hello from CT WreckageDancer New Member Introduction 22 11-30-2011 03:25 AM
a friendly hello to all Leafyjack New Member Introduction 13 10-03-2010 11:02 PM
In regards to the "Most friendly gun state" thread... DeathProof1982 Firearms General Discussion 15 09-04-2010 11:21 PM
ATV friendly State or National Parks AzzKicker Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 8 09-04-2010 02:28 AM
Police State Tactics in Iowa - Your friendly neighborhood "Strike Teams" RonPaulGal General Discussion 10 07-14-2008 09:20 AM
The friendly sky's? Ammo General Discussion 7 02-22-2008 03:23 PM

Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Maximus

Thanked 15,413 Times in 6,591 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
Turn 18 in june here in nj went in on the 23rd and applied for my firearms ID card...still waiting.
In NJ, you need a permit to get a shotgun or pellet gun...

Quote:
Q3.
How do you buy rifles and/or shotguns, including bb, pellet, and black powder rifles?
A3.
It is the responsibility of the seller of the firearm to ascertain that the buyer has a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card plus one additional form of identification and a completed Certificate of Eligibility. A Certificate of Eligibility can be obtained at any licensed firearms dealer.
http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/faq.html
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I stand alone!

Thanked 4,747 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
I'm actually not against the background check thing. Some people think it's intrusive or "big brotherish", and I somewhat agree.

But on the other hand, I don't want violent criminals with guns any more than the next guy. If you have a criminal record, depending on the offense you may not be able to own any type of firearm. Prior to the NICS that was pretty much on the honor system and any felon could go into Sears and buy all the guns they wanted. I think it's great that we can take advantage of technology today to check against someone's criminal record to make sure they're legal to own the gun they're about to buy. It's practically instant and painless for us law-abiding citizens.

At least this way the criminals have to somehow obtain them illegally (which I agree they will always find a way to do), rather than just walking into their local gun shop.

Kindof the same thing for carry permits (concealed or open) although I will admit it is a bit redundant. Although it does allow the states to specify their own, possibly stricter guidelines on background checks than what the NICS does. For example in Kansas you can't get a CCW permit if you have any type of restraining order against you, or have ever been admitted to a mental institution or drug/alcohol rehab center, which is something the NICS system doesn't check.

(flame suit on)
I don't see the logic in your analysis Not trying to flame though but just not understanding....
There is no back ground check for a purchase from a private citizen so all a criminal has to do now is look in the newspaper, gun show or CL. Thats it. Then go down meet the person and give cash... Criminals will be criminals no matter what "law" is put in place
And criminals already carry concealed and without a license... How many gang bangers do you see wearing sweet Bianchi Leather
And why would having a restraining order against you disqualify you? Your crazy ex with a ax to grind goes down to the court house with trumped up charges and some lib judge grants the order so your rights are taken away? No way, bad law!
The Following User Says Thank You to CZDiesel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I stand alone!

Back to OP.... Arizona, Arizona, and Arizona

Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Here to learn

Re background checks-

I don't object to them provided they are "instant", as they are in Alaska. The old "7 day waiting period" is stupid and unnecessary. With today's technology, a gun dealer can verify your identity and check your background very quickly. We've had instant background checks in Alaska since they became mandatory- the gun shows were a big driver for this, as it would have killed their sales if people couldn't buy the weapons on the spot.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Don't mind me...

Location: Somewhere, everywhere, inside and outside the confines.

as for the background check subject...
i think that denial to Purchase a gun for a non-violent charge that was over 10+ years ago is retarded. criminals don't buy legal guns anyways, they buy stolen guns for 1/4 of the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to minimotos95 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I love this forum

Arrow Here's A Website

http://opencarry.org/

Got this map from them a cople of months ago and re-did the colors. I can now update each state if they change the laws.

I know here in Indiana the laws have change recently. But there is a BIG backlog and slow processing of licenses. I've heard that if you call and complain your application is further delayed. Oh well, that's the bureaucracy for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Carry States.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	35585

Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Here to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimotos95 View Post
as for the background check subject...
i think that denial to Purchase a gun for a non-violent charge that was over 10+ years ago is retarded. criminals don't buy legal guns anyways, they buy stolen guns for 1/4 of the price.
I don't disagree with you. There are a lot of people barred from buying a weapon that probably should not be. If it were up to me, I'd make it legal for everyone not in prison to carry. Yes, you'd have some bad apples with guns- but everyone else would be armed, too. I think you'd see crime rates go down, not up. After all, the violent criminals have guns right now, anyway. We'd just be evening things up.
The Following User Says Thank You to EagleRiverDee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 35,798 Times in 14,139 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

Maine is pretty good too.

Open carry,
CCW is a right.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I stand alone!

+1^^^^ Some stupid kid steals a laptop and is charged with a felony and then he is denied the right to own for life unless he has his record expunged and his rights restored.... Doesn't seem right
Old 08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Seeking Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrop View Post

Got this map from them a cople of months ago and re-did the colors. I can now update each state if they change the laws.

I know here in Indiana the laws have change recently. But there is a BIG backlog and slow processing of licenses. I've heard that if you call and complain your application is further delayed. Oh well, that's the bureaucracy for you.

Attachment 35585

Appreciate the map, Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Seeking Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZDiesel View Post
Back to OP.... Arizona, Arizona, and Arizona
I'll admit it's great for gun owners but just too hot and deserty for me, but I understand there are some forested mountain areas, but again, not for me lol..
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 PM
I stand alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rNa View Post
I'll admit it's great for gun owners but just too hot and deserty for me, but I understand there are some forested mountain areas, but again, not for me lol..
I hear ya, 122 was the hottest day I saw in PHX but that was hot enough to melt my flipflops
Most mountain western states are really good, all with their little quirks but good states to be in except for Denver. But I expect someone to challenge the law in Denver soon seeing as how DC and Chicago had to both rescind their anti carry laws due to Supreme Court rulings.
Stay away from the west (left) coast... No bueno for guns their!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 17,770 Times in 5,848 Posts

Not this one.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt18920 View Post
whooohooo virginia, we can only buy one handgun every 30 days tho.
I wish I could buy a new handgun every month!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrop View Post

Attachment 35585

Hopefully in November we will get out from under the Democrap yoke here in Oklahoma. The Oklahoma "open carry" law passed in both the House and Senate, only to have the Obummer-loving Democrap Governor veto it. I'm voting for Mary Fallin.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 PM

CALIFORNIA!!!!!! By far the best gun state.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
I am Defendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
Don't forget about Nevada and New Mexico! IMO, any open carry state is a good gun state.
california is an open carry state!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 PM
What are you looking at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncharlie View Post
I wish I could buy a new handgun every month!
all you have to do is become a resident of your nearest southern state and you can get 4 at a time !!!! just 1 call away.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,825 Posts

It sure isn't WA , OR or CA
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
PPG flyer

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,402 Posts

MOntana is in the top 4.
concealed carry without a permit outside city limits and in unincorporated towns,
open carry almost anywhere,
any kinda carry in a vehicle all without a permit,
and when pulled over don't have to say anything about any guns in vehicle,
walk in a store buy a handgun and walk out with it in 30 mins,
I live in a unincorporated town I conceal carry everywhere here,except the post office,
and I don't need or have a permit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aubb For This Useful Post: