Survivalist Forum banner

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wryter 
#1 ·
I stumbled on this recipe a few years ago and it has become a family staple. I use fresh zucchini in the summertime as well as fresh blueberries but in winter I use frozen zucchini and blueberries. Both ways work great.

Two tips: if using fresh zucchini be sure to wring as much water out of it as you can before adding it to the batter. If using honey increase bake time by 10-15 minutes.

Ingredients
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups white sugar OR 4 TBSPS Raw Unfiltered Honey
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared loaf pans.

Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

OR Bake in All American Sun Oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean--that’s when it’s done, (takes 1 ½ to 2 hours). If baking in your sun oven be sure to use dark metal or dark glass pans. I mostly use this method in the summertime as there's no sense heating up the kitchen just to have to pay for air conditioning to cool it down.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.