Annual Gun Buyers Guide Spreadsheet? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets build a mid-tier rifle as a buyers guide kev Military Weapons Forum 29 12-22-2013 10:40 AM
Sportsmans Guide buyers club IADC43 General Discussion 4 11-08-2012 10:21 PM
Pantry Spreadsheet JoeKan Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 09-27-2012 06:16 AM
Decided on a MBR.... will yall make me a "buyers guide" TNdeerhunter96 Military Weapons Forum 19 08-05-2012 12:40 PM
3-Day BOB Spreadsheet! Tripletap187 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 21 06-21-2012 12:37 AM
Is a Spreadsheet safe? Paull Financial Forum 15 04-17-2012 02:14 AM
Laz's 2011 Flashlight Buyers Guide Lazarus29 Reviews and questions 27 10-13-2011 05:34 AM
anonymous buyers guide determu General Discussion 3 08-14-2011 03:27 AM
Mil-Dot Ranging Spreadsheet. Steel-W0LF Rifle Forum 1 05-21-2011 10:17 PM
buyers guide kzchopper Vehicles & Transportation 8 07-18-2007 09:01 PM

Old 08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Bug-In Prepper

Default Annual Gun Buyers Guide Spreadsheet?

Advertise Here

The only gun magazine I buy is the Guns & Ammo Annual <YYYY> Buyer's Guide (just "Gun Annual" now), specifically for the listings in the second half of the magazine. It's nice for seeing what's coming onto the market, what of the new cartridges are finding traction, etc.

Usually I page through it and make notes next to rifles of particular interest, and write the pages where I've written notes on a bookmark that stays in the magazine. Sometimes making those notes involves referring to a cartridge reference (Speer or wikipedia) or a ballistics calculator.

It occurs to me that the data is well-suited to representation/manipulation in a DBMS or spreadsheet, which could be trivially cross-referenced against cartridge data and integrated with Powley's formula (to normalize available barrels against a reference barrel length), etc.

Some casual googling around doesn't reveal any such spreadsheet, nor do I find anything like it searching through survivalistboards' threads.

Before I leap in and start typing it up, does anyone know if such a spreadsheet is already in existence?

Edited to add: Specifically, the database would consist of firearm make, model, calibers, barrel types, weight, stock, sights, mounting system, MSRP, etc. Cross-correlating it against other resources (references and formulae) would be nice-to-have add-ons which I could do myself. The data of interest is the new year product offerings themselves.
Quick reply to this message