Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why high-end tactical flashlights use optical (TIR) lenses rather than reflectors ... Elzetta ELZETTA Tactical Lighting 0 10-20-2014 05:57 PM
High Intensity Gardening - Which Book To get? gallard Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 7 03-23-2014 01:29 PM
New High Output Elzetta Flashlights with AVS Technology Elzetta ELZETTA Tactical Lighting 7 10-16-2013 06:13 PM
AllOutdoor guide to high-end flashlights AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 07-17-2013 10:30 AM
$14.99--CREE 200 lumen 3pack flashlights @ Costco COM_AMG Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 05-31-2012 09:55 AM
$14.99--CREE 200 lumen 3pack flashlights @ Costco COM_AMG Reviews and questions 0 05-30-2012 05:10 PM
Why do tactical flashlights have... Skeptical Reviews and questions 31 12-07-2011 03:35 PM
Elzetta LED Flashlights with new High/Strobe Tailcap Elzetta For Sale 2 11-01-2010 07:13 PM
High Intensity tomato growing satyrs Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 4 10-16-2010 09:54 AM
Another amazing deal on flashlights at Costco Flex Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 03-19-2010 03:07 AM

Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,791 Times in 866 Posts
Default High-Intensity Tactical LED flashlights at Costco

Advertise Here

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=780278

They work great. They were $19.99 for a pair at Costco today. Made in USA/China. I have Surefire flashlights and they are great. These CREE XPC Techlite Lumen Master Tactical Flashlight run on more common AAA batteries and cost way less. Great truck light.

Brand: TechLite Lumen Master (China)

* Low Battery Indicator Light - a blinking red LED housed in a translucent rubber textured tailcap switch, activates at 20% battery life
* Electronic Optimizer - maintains constant lumen output for life of batteries
* High (160 lumen, 100%) and Low (50%) Beams - push button activation on tailcap
* CREE XPC LED - 100,000 hour bulb life (roughly equivalent to 11 years constantly on), made in USA
* 4 Hour Battery Life - on high beam, longer on low
* 100 Meter beam "cast"
* "Emergency" Strobe Mode - for signaling (or CQB disorientation)
* Adjustable Focus - wide (flood) and narrow (spotlight) beams
* Momentary Switch - rather than having to constantly click on the tail switch to cycle through the light modes, you can hold down the switch for a momentary "on" at full power, 160 lumens. Releasing the switch turns it off.
* Water Resistant - Silicone O-Ring, up to 1 meter
* Shockproof - up to 1 meter drop
* Wrist Lanyard - nylon
* Aircraft Grade Anodized Aluminum Body - diamond textured for grip
* Polycarbonate Lens
* Vacuum Plated Reflector - half diamond textured for optimal light reflectivity
* Runs on 3 AAA Batteries (Included) - Duracell, in an internal "triad" configuration
* Tactical "Strike" Bezels - both on lens housing and tailcap, for self defense
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Branned For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Thumbs up +1

I got a pair Saturday and apart from being a bit bulky for my intended use (edc) I love this light. Bright as all-get-out, nice strobe feature and adjustable beam. I ditched the lanyard right away. Probably the weakest feature of this deal plus I just don't like lanyards on my lights.

I will put one in my truck and keep one with me. Good find!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Survivor

Sears had the same thing, but different brand for $39.99 each for 160 Lumens. These Costco ones are $10 each. Best deal that I know of?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Prepared

If looking for a cheaper version of these to toss around the house, there is a 10-pack of Brinkmann 6-LED flashlights at Home Depot for $10. Pick a set up this weekend. They are surprisingly bright.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Spooky

Thanked 1,455 Times in 655 Posts

I bought the exact same Costco flashlights. They were a super deal and are very rugged.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Maximus

Thanked 15,414 Times in 6,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branned View Post
* "Emergency" Strobe Mode - for signaling (or CQB disorientation)
These are great lights. It was brought up here about a month ago.

Just be aware that this strobe function is not a disorientation strobe. The strobe feature on this model is for signaling.

You can tell by the speed of the strobe. In the dark or absolute darkness, the strobe on this light is to fast to be "disorienting". It is almost a constant light. Disorienting strobes are at a slightly slower pace. This gives a more "blinking" on and off effect messing with the eye's ability to adjust to those contrasts. If it blinks to fast, the eyes will compensate faster such as this case. Give it a try in the dark and you will see what I mean.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
WINNING...humbly

Thanked 3,857 Times in 1,662 Posts

Costco had them for 14.99 a couple of weeks ago. I got them and they are not bad for the price but I would not consider them as tactical lights. Personally, I am done with buying cheap lights. I want 1-2 good Fenix 2AA lights such as LD20. They are expensive but will last you thru TEOTWAWKI and beyond unless it is the EMP, solar or man-made.

A word of advise, if you are serious about your flashlights, get yourself some quality rechargeable batteries(Sanyo Eneloop) and a couple of nice chargers.

I also have this on my birthday wish list

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RMBHMK/ref=or... cover
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RMBHMK/ref=or...
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Survivor

My local Home Depots do not carry these: 10-pack of Brinkmann 6-LED flashlights
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branned View Post
My local Home Depots do not carry these: 10-pack of Brinkmann 6-LED flashlights
Did you ask them if they carried them or just couldn't find them? They were out on a display in mine near the end of an isle....though all stores are obviously somewhat different. You can also find them on their site. If you look for them on Brinkmann's site, they are not there, which makes me think they are particular to HD. So, unless they told you they don't carry them, you may want to look around again.

Good Luck. For the price, can't beat $1 LED flashlights w/ solid lumens.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Hunter

WHITE LIGHT IS NOT TACTICAL

Read TM-21
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Original Pokemon are best

As far as I know, no Costcos around me, but I'll have to look around online for this. Doubt I'd get that good of a deal though
Are they waterproof at all?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Looking ahead

Thanked 1,876 Times in 850 Posts

I bought the same lights several months ago.

They are NOT true tactical lights.

Although the button to use it is in the right spot to be a tactical light used in conjunction with a pistol it is not a on/off burst of light. You have to cycle through three modes of light (low, high and strobe) to turn it off again.

True tactical lights feature quick on/off bursts of light rather than having the user fumble through a cycle of light modes which present him as a target.

That said they are fine for just walking around, are priced well, very bright and have a tough exterior to resist drops or striking someone.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 PM

I find the best diversity of lights for you to find are at tacticallight.com
Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
gun nut on a budget

we got these flashlights awhiele back sofar ove them there bright and last long. they were selling three for 17 bucks they are a little big compared to other lights but id defferntly buy them again got one in every viehical and cary one there a good buy