What are you playing? - Page 45 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

The Tech Zone Discussion on computers, software and games.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playing God ? Ricekila Religious Discussion 12 04-06-2015 04:11 PM
Anyone playing with windows 8 yet ? psycosteve The Tech Zone 26 11-22-2012 11:10 AM
Playing with PVC 1142 DIY - Do It Yourself 34 10-27-2012 01:50 PM
Anyone Playing with Steam? klickitat DIY - Do It Yourself 85 10-20-2011 05:51 PM
anyone still playing TF2? throckmorton The Tech Zone 9 05-10-2011 09:48 PM
Playing off vices... Karnus Urban Survival 31 04-09-2010 02:15 AM
Playing Around... Kregener General Discussion 0 11-17-2009 02:13 AM
Playing Around... Kregener General Discussion 0 11-17-2009 01:56 AM
Any Zombies still playing? boyscout General Discussion 1 01-28-2009 12:26 PM
Why I am not playing TF2 kev The Tech Zone 3 10-05-2007 07:11 PM

Old 02-05-2019, 09:57 PM
No One of Consequence

Thanked 2,442 Times in 926 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WImountainMan View Post
Yeah itís rough on crews. I got my crew to level 4 then ran out of fuel and crashed on the way back from one of the big missions.
I just logged back into here after flying a few missions. Last night I got disgusted with my original disastrous campaign, which was really my "learning" campaign, and started a whole new one.

So far I've managed to fly 6 missions without getting shot down and losing only one crewmember. My Navigator died on Mission #4 because both he and my tail gunner were down and I had only one 1st aid kit available. I decided an experienced gunner was more vital to my long-term survival chances, so he got healed up.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Formerly WIMountainMan

Thanked 4,005 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTheOkie View Post
I just logged back into here after flying a few missions. Last night I got disgusted with my original disastrous campaign, which was really my "learning" campaign, and started a whole new one.

So far I've managed to fly 6 missions without getting shot down and losing only one crewmember. My Navigator died on Mission #4 because both he and my tail gunner were down and I had only one 1st aid kit available. I decided an experienced gunner was more vital to my long-term survival chances, so he got healed up.
So far I like the US B-17 better than the Lancaster, the extra crew members doesn't bother me, but we'll see.
The Following User Says Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 10:25 PM
No One of Consequence

Quote:
So far I like the US B-17 better than the Lancaster, the extra crew members doesn't bother me, but we'll see.
I will no doubt go back to the B-17 again, once I am more confident in my ability to manage the game's mechanics. I learn something new every mission, the tutorial and the help function were not all that informative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Formerly WIMountainMan

Thanked 4,005 Times in 1,603 Posts
Default Anyone planning to play The Division 2

So is anyone planning to play the Division 2?

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ame/en-us/home

I thought the original was well done, but suffered over time from nagging issues that should have been corrected shortly after launch. The devs constant tinkering with the play balance also became increasingly annoying. I played the alpha a few months back and D2 doesn't depart much from the original formula. It's more like Division 1.5 since there isn't anything all that different. As of the alpha, the graphics weren't really improved, though the original's graphics were pretty good for the time. It's set in an overgrown Washington DC shortly after the original. It sorta looked-felt like Ghost Recon with Division mechanics added in. TBH I don't know if I'm going to get it or not. I definitely won't be pre-ordering this time or buying any season passes until they go on sale. I still feel pretty burned out and burned by having to pay for patches and features that should have been included at launch.
The Following User Says Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,161 Times in 615 Posts

I preloaded the private beta yesterday, it should be playable some time today for me.

Alpha looked pretty good but I had no time to really test it. There was some performance issues, mainly that my 5ghz overclocked intel with 1080ti wasn't running it well at 4K rez and ultra graphics... :D
Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,072 Posts

Fortnite and NBA2K are the only two games I've been playing. Cronusmax has aided my game play in FN tremendously.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:51 PM
No One of Consequence

Quote:
Yeah itís rough on crews. I got my crew to level 4 then ran out of fuel and crashed on the way back from one of the big missions.
I guess the key to cracking the code to this game is, just because you can advance to more difficult missions it doesn't mean you have to.

I've been flying the same intro-level missions over and over again. Yeah, it gets tedious. However, your crew members continue to gain experience and you continue to earn credits. Which allows you to keep upgrading your crews' personal gear and also the various weapon and equipment systems on your bomber.

I think I am finally ready to move on to more difficult missions and have a reasonable chance of surviving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bandicam 2019-02-09 23-05-46-979.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	283518   Click image for larger version

Name:	bandicam 2019-02-09 23-05-07-949.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	283520  
The Following User Says Thank You to BrettTheOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Space Force Recruit

Thanked 1,711 Times in 693 Posts

Got Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning since it became backwards compatible. Had the DLCs already since I had the game a long time ago, good game.

It's like a cross between The Witcher and Fable series.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:44 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,202 Times in 4,320 Posts

Still playing The Long Dark, Sims 2, and Mass Effect series.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 11:50 PM
No One of Consequence

Still playing World of Tanks and Bomber Crew, but both very casually. I have a lot of other stuff going on around here that demands my attention.

In WoT, I'm focusing on my Hetzer in order to train up my German tank destroyer crew. I plan on spending free experience in order to vault up the tech tree once they achieve 100% in their current training skill.

Bomber Crew is going alright, although the last mission I flew was tough. Two of the four engines flamed out due to fighter damage, and I almost lost my tail gunner to wounds. But the top turret gunner managed to apply a 1st aid kit in time to save him.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:43 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 12,821 Times in 4,140 Posts

Far Cry: New Dawn of course. What else is a Montana prepper going to play?

That and PUBG on my ipad.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:23 PM
Get bent

New games. I hate new games! Not enough time in the day...

Still Wot. Of course! Some Empyrion, less as the days go by though. Just nothing there of substance. Great ship building but blah combat mechanics in flight. Exploration is even fairly limited until there is travel between solar systems.

Eco...stupid friends got me to play and then they quit 2 days later when the latest patch hit and basically changed progression to a grind behind a timed wall. I love building and gathering games though so I'm still at it. Needs quite a bit of optimization as it runs like a turd and my system's no slouch!

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Fun coop game. Fast paced FPS type in a fantasy setting so more melee than your avg FPS and the ranges is magic or bow/xbow. It's a grind just like everything seems to be lately.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Far Cry: New Dawn of course. What else is a Montana prepper going to play?

That and PUBG on my ipad.

Keep your eyes peeled for Easter eggs... there is a Chris McCandless egg, Iím sure you can figure out where to look.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corpus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,242 Posts

Last time I was poking around here, PUBG consumed me.

Since then, I've been really into 2k19, for my sports fix, but also Battlefield V, for the vet in me.

A huge fan of Firestorm, feel it is the best battle royale out there.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,581 Times in 667 Posts

Just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. Recommend if you haven't already played it! Looking for the next one. Thinking of Red Dead Redemption 2.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Get bent

WoT - Ya still...

Friend gave me a code to a new shooter and I'll be danged if it isn't fun the most fun I've had playing a shooter in awhile. It's called Risk of Rain 2 on Steam. Super fun but it's in early release that I believe is planned to be up to about a year. Pretty frantic pace once you get going as the difficulty ramps up over time. Check out videos of game play on the YouTube.
The Following User Says Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2019, 07:34 AM
HMFIC

Thanked 1,651 Times in 625 Posts

Started then stopped The Long Dark. Same with American truck sim. Got back into Salt. It's pretty relaxing, and I finally stopped dying so much after finding a better weapon.
The Following User Says Thank You to EchoMirage For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019, 01:16 PM
Get bent

WoT...yes still tanking! Even working on some of my planes in War Thunder...

Apex Legends. Yeah yeah...it's not the worst of the Last Team Standing shooters. Pretty fast paced and the different heroes offer some different play types and strategies.

Trying out Legends of Aria. Still not played enough to really decide what I think about it. Supposed to be a modern version of UO. Can't imagine anything could be as completely awesome as that was...
The Following User Says Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,291 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTheOkie View Post
Still playing World of Tanks and Bomber Crew, but both very casually. I have a lot of other stuff going on around here that demands my attention.

In WoT, I'm focusing on my Hetzer in order to train up my German tank destroyer crew. I plan on spending free experience in order to vault up the tech tree once they achieve 100% in their current training skill.

Bomber Crew is going alright, although the last mission I flew was tough. Two of the four engines flamed out due to fighter damage, and I almost lost my tail gunner to wounds. But the top turret gunner managed to apply a 1st aid kit in time to save him.
Oh, I love ze german TDs. Hetzer and StuGs and E25. Last one is fun, but I die a lot. Still fun though

But been a while since I've been playing WoT. Might have to do some rounds again; I still have it installed.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,291 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONELRAD View Post
So is anyone planning to play the Division 2?

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...ame/en-us/home

I thought the original was well done, but suffered over time from nagging issues that should have been corrected shortly after launch. The devs constant tinkering with the play balance also became increasingly annoying. I played the alpha a few months back and D2 doesn't depart much from the original formula. It's more like Division 1.5 since there isn't anything all that different. As of the alpha, the graphics weren't really improved, though the original's graphics were pretty good for the time. It's set in an overgrown Washington DC shortly after the original. It sorta looked-felt like Ghost Recon with Division mechanics added in. TBH I don't know if I'm going to get it or not. I definitely won't be pre-ordering this time or buying any season passes until they go on sale. I still feel pretty burned out and burned by having to pay for patches and features that should have been included at launch.
I'm considering it...
I haven't played the first one yet though, despite being hyped up about it.
I did see some of the game play videos, and was a bit disappointed with regards to the PVP play, I got a PVP-session/room vibe, with a lot of grinding. I had kinda expected something more "epic" story-wise, with missions and a bit more "sandboxy", as a more intrusive backdrop for the PVP. And I didn't think it looked that way. Hard to implement, for sure.
But again....I haven't played it (the first one), so I might be completely off in my assumptions. I did read the nice writeup you did on the first one, and I'll probably get it just for the single player missions. Then get TD2 after that.

We'll see....I'm still in the business of proving to the world why it probably was a good idea to not let me fly million-dollar aircraft...

Last edited by endl3ss; 07-30-2019 at 02:53 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endl3ss For This Useful Post: