DuckDuckGo browser? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

The Tech Zone Discussion on computers, software and games.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New browser hijack "You Won!" hit my Android phone here today. Justme11 Site Information & Suggestion Box 10 12-05-2018 02:29 PM
Home Media Center (not server) + browser Timberline The Tech Zone 15 08-13-2018 09:16 PM
Secure Browser ???? surfcast The Tech Zone 12 01-29-2018 05:12 AM

Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 6,957 Times in 2,272 Posts

Advertise Here

`

I have been using their search engine for years & like it very much, you don't get the first page (or more) as paid links. If you are searching for images, they generally don't have as large a variety as google, but even at that, I can usually find what I'm looking for there. As far as a browser, didn't know they had one, I've been using Firefox for a long time now.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 01:48 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 11,615 Times in 5,313 Posts

I use Startpage.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:31 PM
Say NO to Trump Flag Laws

Thanked 51,765 Times in 18,029 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuren View Post
I'm looking into more secure/private browsers and search engines, and DuckDuckGo keeps popping up. I'm curious if anyone has anything good or bad to say about it?

https://duckduckgo.com/about

For mobile, it looks like it is a stand alone browser. For desktop, it appears to be a search engine (or search extension) for an existing browser, like Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks!
I've been using DuckDuckGo search engine for a long time. Works well. I didn't know they had a browser though. I'll have to look into it. I just switched form Firefox to Pale Moon because Firefox teamed up with that evil Globalist, George Soros. But I don't know if I trust Pale Moon that much either. They've linked up with all of the "usual suspects" on their home site (Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so I may be looking for a more conservative browser if such a thing exists.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,820 Times in 624 Posts

Ive been using brave browser for their ad blocking and other security features. Then i use duckduckgo for searches, but google, yahoo, bing are still used. Check out proton email or tutanota for encrypted email providers.
The Following User Says Thank You to BytheRivers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,083 Posts

For desktop browsers, you can use the DuckDuckGo search engine with various forks like Waterfox and Iridium or strip off telemetry by modifying entries in the config page.

Also, addons like uBlock Origin with various filter lists, NoScript, Tunnelbear Blocker, Decentraleyes, and Cookie Autodelete may help.

Finally, free versions of antivirus programs like Bitdefender Free have web protection, etc., and may be coupled with secondary scanners such as free versions of Malwarebytes and Zemana.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralfy For This Useful Post: