Fallout 76 - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

The Tech Zone Discussion on computers, software and games.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's BOOFM! (Build our own fallout map) CONELRAD Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 150 06-18-2019 11:05 PM
What are you playing? kev The Tech Zone 896 05-09-2019 07:34 AM
What is in your survival library? Nitromater Books, Movies & Stories 40 01-02-2019 09:00 PM
Article - Developing a Well Rounded Survivalist Library kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 46 05-11-2018 01:29 AM

Old 12-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Fenced In

Thanked 4,007 Times in 1,751 Posts

Advertise Here

I was late to the Fallout party, always playing the previous version when the new one comes out, so I'm only part of the way through Fallout 4. Same thing with the Elder Scrolls series - I was just finishing my first play-through of Skyrim when the ESO beta came online. Well, I tried ESO and was seriously disappointed, so I suspect that Fallout 76 isn't going to appeal to me either. It's not that I don't like multiplayer games - I spent many years playing EverQuest and Lord of the Rings Online - but having other things going on during prime playing hours means that I end up playing alone anyway. If the gameplay and storyline are tailored to multiplayer, I usually get annoyed quickly.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,687 Times in 503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazone View Post
I was late to the Fallout party, always playing the previous version when the new one comes out, so I'm only part of the way through Fallout 4. Same thing with the Elder Scrolls series - I was just finishing my first play-through of Skyrim when the ESO beta came online. Well, I tried ESO and was seriously disappointed, so I suspect that Fallout 76 isn't going to appeal to me either. It's not that I don't like multiplayer games - I spent many years playing EverQuest and Lord of the Rings Online - but having other things going on during prime playing hours means that I end up playing alone anyway. If the gameplay and storyline are tailored to multiplayer, I usually get annoyed quickly.
FO 76 can be played alone its how I'm playing it and I'm doing fine, my biggest complaint is that it is online only, to me its like your continually paying for something you've already paid for... But the game can be played alone
Old 12-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Target Shooter

Well, I'm going to give Fallout 76 a run as my nephew's boys are all in. It's a great opportunity to hang with my favorite kids. I've trained them well; when I ask them the No. 1 Rule of playing online they shout out in unison, "PROTECT UNCLE PETE!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackpine1 For This Useful Post:

Old 12-13-2018, 08:10 PM

I like Fallout 4 better
The Following User Says Thank You to Attymf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Fallout 4 survival mode is cool if somewhat unrealistic.
Agreed. FO4 was a mixed bag for me. I really liked the idea, and the revamping of survival mode initially, but as things dragged on it just seemed to become more of a nuisance than anything else ... sort of like an annoying fruit gnat that just won't leave you alone.

Having another round of FO3 and Vegas ATM
Old 03-04-2019, 03:46 PM

I'm giving it a go. I'm usually a loner player because I'm always digging around for stuff and reading all the notes, etc etc. I tried playing with another person who was online once and they just went all comando when I was trying to find things, LOL. They didn't read anything, just wanted to kill stuff.... Needless to say, they left me in the dust.... LOL. It seems ok, I've played all the other Fallouts in my spare time and this seems ok so far. It would be nice if they did have more interaction with the in game characters though, kindof miss that.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Formerly WIMountainMan

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,575 Posts

I gave up on it less than a month after launch. Bugs, broken hit detection, story was pretty weak. I might get back to it someday, but it won't be anytime soon.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 6,793 Times in 1,009 Posts

I played a week before launch on preorder and up to a month ago. Gave up on it and I LOVE fallout. Ran out of things to do around level 70 and just seem to get more bugs as updates happened. Also with all the updates it started taking up to much memory on my PS4 hard drive. Hopefully the new content release makes it better but I am done with it until next year at the soonest.

I got my money out of it but still annoyed with the game.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Thanked 6,805 Times in 1,932 Posts

Fallout 3, NV and 4 are all great games that I've put hundred of hours into

The reviews of 76 have prevented me from ever giving it a whirl
The Following User Says Thank You to mantis tobogen For This Useful Post: