Survivalist Forum banner

RC Cola

6K views 85 replies 54 participants last post by  bmrtoyo 
#1 ·
Am I the only person in the world that is still drinking RC Cola in the 21st Century? I have not found another drinker in a very long time. Please, someone, restore my faith in humanity and tell me I'm not the only one.

#9 ·
If I want cola, I buy RC. Coke burns my mouth and throat so bad I can't stand it, and it's way too sweet. Pepsi has a weird metallic taste as well as a flavor I can't identify but which tastes to me like a savory flavor, and I don't want savory in my sodas.

Mostly though I drink DP, the original with cane sugar when I can find it.

But RC is acceptable.

#11 ·
Haven't had one in years. When I was in high school I worked at a pizza place that served RC, got tired of them and their pizza. There is an empty steel soda can with an aluminum cap on it in an office I recently inherited when I took a new job. I'd drink one if it was handy.

I remember a comedy record album my mom had by Dave Gardner. Phonetically, he called them: "An Ar-rah See Co'Ler ana Moon P'eye"

#61 ·
Yep.....I was just thinking the same thing. I had some of those old LP records from the early 60's by Brother Dave and others. That was big stuff back then. He told great southern stories but fell out of favor I think with the hippie movement and end of segregation. A lot of the jokes were off color and would be considered NOT politically correct today to say the least. But I thought he was funny.

#16 ·
no idea what a koolickle is. sounds unhealthy therefore tasty :thumb:
A Koolickle is created by taking a jar of dill pickles spears, dumping out half of its brine, and adding back the same amount of a double-strong mixture of Cherry or Fruit Punch Kool-Aid. This concoction is then placed back into the refrigerator for at least a week.
I ate my first one on a dare in Pine Bluff AR back in the 90's. An acquired taste, not something I would want to eat every day, but damned if I don't start craving them when I am in the south.

#23 ·
I have never understood people that drank RC. I was a Mountain Dew or Pepsi drinker. Now, when I have a soda, it's root beer. Moonpies were OK, but Susie Q was my favorite. Nothing beat Mountain Dew and Susie Q for breakfast when I was in school. Now, nothing beats Bacon/Sausage & Eggs.

#27 ·
RC is made by Dr Pepper. We actually sell it at work, in one of our vending machines. We have 4 soda machines, it is a good enough seller we put it in one machine, but not all of them. At my location, Coke is king.

Dr Pepper just got bought out by Keurig, so things may be changing. I am told by the Dr Pepper guys "Big changes coming in May" so you may want to stock up. I venture prices will go up, they already have for us.

Reactions: Kevin in NC
#32 ·
Not for long. A 20 ounce will have to go for $1.75 just to cover the seller's costs now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.